Panigale V4 2020 new bike and mods.

Andyb

Subscriber
C8EC5BEE-1049-4D41-83D3-EFD8B768FAC9.jpeg

Andyb

Subscriber
Bit of tidying up Ducati factory rear sets as the rubbers are push on and I know if I ever get to sunnier places they heat up and dlide off

solution is to drill and tap the shaft then a nice pan headed ti bolt lock tite in....that suckers not sliding off but still rotated for comfort👍
325688AF-715A-49C8-81E5-7F55DAB4FC58.jpeg

Andyb

Subscriber
I’ve also fitted my Gucci brembo rear calliper ...
As the banjo mount is d sad lightly in a different place I took the opportunity to change the std brake pipe that goes from the abs unit to the calliper.
As std it’s a mix of flex pipe and steel pipe plus it’s routed in a really crap way on the inner face of the swing arm right by the wheel and tyre and too close for comfort with tyre warmers..
8D6DE6C7-161B-4E61-8320-079B30C80515.jpeg

tge trick is to re route the pipe across the top of tge arm and around the rear passing the pinch bolts this eliminated the proximity of the pipe 👍
This is also the route the pipe follows on the corse RS Bikes with the longer arm

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
When I've changed handlebar grips on motorbikes and bicycles, I've often used hairspray (not mine, I have no hair) as a lubricant to put new rubber grips on, knowing that after a while it acts as an adhesive and keeps the grips on.

The rear sets do look quite lovely

Andyb

Subscriber
Yeah good technique with grips.. or brake cleaner

the black rubber is designed to spin but when they get hot they just ride over the std swaged end and you lose them... the pan heads are a slightly bigger diameter so they can’t come off...
I had knurled nylon on my old bike...

Last edited:

Andyb

Subscriber
Phase two of achieving an adjustable rear suspension ride height.......even though the fitment of these could be better it achieves the aim of being able to reset the ride height to a constant with where ever the chain adjustment eccentric sits....

Some lead ....

1A911412-EB4F-4A27-A5B9-9DB38A441A2D.JPG

Andyb

Subscriber
when you look at the standard parts and the tolerances the factory allow its not really becoming of the price they charge.... As a std part they don't have bearings in there anymore just some shoit bushes..

Andyb

Subscriber
today I finished off sorting out the rear brake pipes. the std ones go from the rear master cylinder forwards to the ABS then all the way back under the rear exhausts across the top of the swing arm then down between the SA and the rear wheel to the rear calliper....its shoit. The pipes are half flex and half steel with permanent bend in that seem to follow no reasonable shape or path other than to create a high spot to trap air in... still ducati rear brakes are renowned for being easy to bleed,,.... honestly have a look at the rh side of a v4 just in front of the right rear set... crap!!!!!

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 20.59.58.png

So I removed the std and had some made up by Earls they are nearby at Silverstone..I could also measure the route and group them more tidier..

IMG_5198.jpg

this also gives more clearance away from the heat of the exhaust...

Last edited: