Panigale V4 2020 new bike and mods.

So... stripping the paint off of the tank......this is fun... obviously most diy place paint stripper are useless...so I spoke with my painter mate, he recommended some evil stuff which I bought... alas this didn't seem to work maybe its too cold?... so I had the heater on it.
bit of a head scratch and
I found that wrapping over the stripper with cling film ( I used some industrial wide stuff that I use to wrap my bike on away trackdays... worked best with a bit of heat gun to mould the wrap and agitate the stripper.... then leave it alone
IMG_4896.jpg

that's better off its coming clear coat red then white then grey......and finally aluminium..

So... stripping the paint off of the tank......this is fun... obviously most diy place paint stripper are useless...so I spoke with my painter mate, he recommended some evil stuff which I bought... alas this didn't seem to work maybe its too cold?... so I had the heater on it.
bit of a head scratch and
I found that wrapping over the stripper with cling film ( I used some industrial wide stuff that I use to wrap my bike on away trackdays... worked best with a bit of heat gun to mould the wrap and agitate the stripper.... then leave it alone
View attachment 9686

that's better off its coming clear coat red then white then grey......and finally aluminium..
Preheating in an oven if it would fit would have made that a lot easier to relax the pigment in the primer

All of the ride height issues are related to SSSA, which as everyone with a modicom of engineering knowledge knows is a complete abortion

Thanks for that helpful insight into your modicum of engineering knowledge.

Also anyone with a modicum of engineering knowledge would know Ducati provided a solution to this on every other SSSA model from 94 to 2018... and the point is its not there on this one.....

Im happy for you to keep your modicum of engineering knowledge to yourself as quite frankly a new member with little post activity and no history on this site posting in the agressive way you have suggests to me you may well be someone else from another forum with the pissy attitude....

whos that behind the mask.... take it off.... take it off...
Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 08.28.59.png

Last edited:
Continue with the polishing and graining pattern... black Ducati graphics and laquer....however.....
I also have a cunning plan ..

The fuel outlet from tge tank is literally a bit of 10 mm alloy pipe to a crimped rubber hose that goes to a plastic t piece .. it’s all a bit shoit! The t piece is where you disconnect the tank from and it’s a bastid to get to bastid to release..... and a bastid to feed through when you lift the tank!
What it needs is a Q/R fitting properly screwed into a welded threaded boss on the base of the tank... you know again like the earlier models!!!

The fuel outlet from tge tank is literally a bit of 10 mm alloy pipe to a crimped rubber hose that goes to a plastic t piece .. it’s all a bit shoit! The t piece is where you disconnect the tank from and it’s a bastid to get to bastid to release..... and a bastid to feed through when you lift the tank!
What it needs is a Q/R fitting properly screwed into a welded threaded boss on the base of the tank... you know again like the earlier models!!!
I used to have my ktms converted to these type of quick
Release valves as the plastic version was shit and broke a lot. Also the hose could be lengthened to make it easier
350C5594-1A7D-4E42-96F4-B88C2D555040.jpeg

Not sure how you achieved a blurry finish 🤔 is it similar to a Pani R ?

Back