Panigale V4 2020 new bike and mods.

Andyb

Subscriber
So in Aug this year i was in a position to buy one of these. I thought long and hard about whether to get the S or R or not but decided that I didn't want the electric suspension or the wheels, and so many things of the R had been put on the 2020 base bike i could use the extra ten grand plus for an R i would play with on extras for this one. Plus i already had Mag marchesinis 10 spokes and FGRT forks
IMG_3846.jpg

Andyb

Subscriber
As a std bike i took it to the ducati day at Donington pretty much with 10 miles on the clock and in std trim, though I had the opportunity to put the mag marches inis with slicks and RT brembo discs albeit at 320 mm on to it... off we went. I didn't know too much about the modes the settings hadn't ridden it at all until the sighting lap at Donington.

I have to say WOW fantastic considering i hadn't messed with it at all and i was keeping the revs down it was very infectious, and the clutches up and down on the gearbox was fantastic, and even with the std exhaust the exhaust and airbox note was very infectious.
Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 12.31.25.png

Andyb

Subscriber
in the short time between the Donington and Silverstone dates i got a genuine ducati track fairing kit and managed to fit it. Ironically the track fairings are the same stamped parts number as the originals just white....

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 12.34.39.png

it was very tempting to open the revs right up..... considering my twin before had the main punch around 7-10000 rpm... it seemed strange there was a rev counter that goes up towards 15500.... though i didn't go there it still seemed to have a ridiculous amount of go.........

Andyb

Subscriber
amongst a few new bits i aquired a ohlins ttx for the rear
here it is compared to the std sachs. there were some changes around ride height and suspension travel from the early bike to the 2020 version. My base bike has the same rear rocker and tie rods as the R interestingly the eye to eye length of the shock was different too... fortunately the TTX has an adjustable bottom eye to facilitate that.

IMG_3927.jpg

Andyb

Subscriber
the next big boxes to arrive were a full Akrapovic system and up map which was a good price from Ducati Glasgow.... i think the writing may of been on the wall then.. i fitted the exhaust myself and took the bike to the great guys at Snells as you need a dealer to load the up map..... i also had the Evo 2 software added for the slick tyres and slide mode:oops::unsure:

the exhaust swap removed something like 6kgs of weight! The Akrapovic is a beautiful work of art and has the ability to be sort of silent but a strong bark when you open the throttle...

i also fitted engine crank case guards and also fitted the fgrt forks in again measuring to the 2020 spec.

IMG_3974.jpg

Outintheopen

Subscriber
I’ve just bought a Streetfighter with full Akra, will be interested to hear which tracks will let you on with it.

Andyb

Subscriber
next trip was to Estoril in September still only 250 miles on the clock..... the bike was like a rocket ship that just kept pulling and pulling a great few days with a smile amongst great company..
to return to find the 'incident' at the collection depot. and ..

IMG_4205.jpg

Although i was one of the lucky ones they had still invaded our stuff with total disregard causing a bit of damage to a few bits...

Andyb

Subscriber
Looks like it will be compulsory next year on T/days so a spider lever protection and the corse grips. Also after much deliberation around swapping callipers and master cylinders a RCS master cylinder.
You can also see the combined throttle and on off switches made of alloy to help protect the expensive ducati electronics and more importantly move the loom out of harms way plus to create a bit more space on the clip ons which were also changed to renthal..

IMG_4658.jpg

Last edited:

Andyb

Subscriber
I had been looking for a while at what paint scheme to go with ... i wanted it to be Panigale v4 but the aruba thing had been done to death,,,, i quite liked the BSB josh brooks scheme but kept coming back to the team go eleven ... rubens rinaldi although tis chaz davies next year.

Its a bit of a sticker fest and several colours so i played with the idea of part wrap. I spoke with Evoboy over the other side who has done a lot of wrapping as you've seen. He did the base red and Yellow for me to a really great standard. He also knew what wrap to get from where and what worked as a ducati colour...

I had to research all the sponsors for team go eleven. find their logos and graphics, then find them in the correct format not an easy task. I then had to size the graphics to the panels and then get them printed. Fortunatel there was a local chap that could help me with this.
2A0398EC-1917-40E5-9635-268A260316BA.JPG

IMG_4631.jpg

i hint fitted everything together as yet just in parts so the completed bike remains to be seen.... Ive also just sourced a new fuel tank and pump from italy which i may well bastardise back to brushed aluminium which is what the race bike had.

Andyb

Subscriber
Another trinket I forgot...to replace the expensive headlight Std switch a bikesport developments Gucci one...that needs the electricity block you can see in pic 2 to work....
5F3664B8-10A0-42CF-B03A-D734C2C31727.jpeg
2A34D459-39EA-47C4-8978-08146DA38640.jpeg

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
All those buttons remind me of love beads. It is a nice project to watch coming together though (y)

NOODS

Subscriber
Lookin great! Luv the paint job,

“ it’s a rap!”
“oh no it isn’t “ “oh yes it is...”

X

Mary Hinge

Subscriber
So this is the standard V4? Is it a 2020? The reason I ask is because you had the Evo2 software loaded (as did I and it’s worth every penny) but I thought the later bikes came with it standard?
My favourite mod you made was the sub frame. The OE is a nasty lump.... and yes, a big weight saving.
I’m pretty much done with mine. I might look into beefing up the suspension..... great build btw, enjoyed the thread so far

Andyb

Subscriber
yep base 2020 v4 with so much free as per the v4R frame holes for flex, V4r suspension links geometry.....

No didn't have the Evo 2 soft ware as std........I see there is evo 3 now...

I also quite like the motoholders rear subframe...

Mary Hinge

Subscriber
yep base 2020 v4 with so much free as per the v4R frame holes for flex, V4r suspension links geometry.....

No didn't have the Evo 2 soft ware as std........I see there is evo 3 now...

I also quite like the motoholders rear subframe...
In hindsight I’d have probably got the standard V4 too. I was lured by the fancy suspension but I’m thinking of ‘modifying’ that too. Which kinda negates the argument for the S. The standard gets the same lump which is an absolute peach.

Andyb

Subscriber
As an update... before I change the rearsets to DP ones... and my spare tank arrived from Italy so I can then make it brushed aluminium black Ducati and the put the tank grips on it....

Andyb

Subscriber
That is spot on. Will get a lot of people rethinking the “base” model conundrum. Nice.
Exactly.. you say base model and correct but what difference to the s for your five grand... ugly wheels and electric suspension...😂