Hizzy Run Sunday 21st May

Contact number

Can someone in charge of the outing please let me have a contact no incase I make good time(or get lost) .

Peter
 
Pibbow
I haven't been paying attention to this thread as I cant make it but I wish I'd seen this before as your more than welcome to stay here overnight,that would get you an early start without faffing about with the ferry,probably a bit late now but if not give me a phone and get over here now.
The offers open too if you miss the last one home.
Have a good run tomorrow lads.
 
Neepdocker said:
I'll be going weather permiting. Will be going down by Glendevon-Knockhill. Can meet up with you chaps at FRB if that's OK.

Cheers Ranald.

I'll see you and Tam and Scottch at the bridge then :)
Hope the weather holds out.
 
Dave G said:
Pibbow
I haven't been paying attention to this thread as I cant make it but I wish I'd seen this before as your more than welcome to stay here overnight,that would get you an early start without faffing about with the ferry,probably a bit late now but if not give me a phone and get over here now.
The offers open too if you miss the last one home.
Have a good run tomorrow lads.


Thanks for the offer Dave - I really appreciate it. Missed the last boat off Arran now but the hotel is pretty busy anyway so have to stay until tomorrow anyway. Might drop by on my way back tomorrow night if you're not too busy.
 
The Glasgow boys are going via Carluke/Lanark prob 9:15-9:30 heading to Peebles-Gala-Selkirk-Hawick
 
We've managed to oversleep guys!

I'll catch up with you at some point, don't see me making the rendezvous at the FRB for 08:30ish now

See you at Straiton or Glentress!
 
Whats the weather like up there guys ? Sunny in northumberland at the minute
 
Just Back From Hawick

And it is raining! Well timed.

Good to meet those of you I did and good to see a good turnout.

:beer: one for all who turned up! I'm having mine now.

Will look into Lakes run. Mrs John fancies it too. She'll be in the Mondeo though..
 
Just back here too.

Great to see everyone, shame the weather wasn't so kind to us in the morning though.

Tam - where ever you are mate, please let us know if you are well and what we can do to try and help in whatever way we can.
 
Sorry I didn't make it guys. I went to bed last night with the rain belting down outside. The alarm went off at 6.30am , I looked out and it was still bucketing down :( Bugger this I thought and went back to bed. By 8.00 rain had eased off a bit and it showed signs of brightening but I'd be much too late by then to catch up. 9.00 the rain finally went off and the roads were dry for 10 and it turned out not too bad a day eventually.
Pity I missed the run - maybe the next one. Hope you all had a good time.
 
Tam

Just of the phone to hospital. It would appear that Tam has some sort of back injury. They are about to transfer him to the western general ward 32.Nurse was a bit vague as to what was exactly wrong with him.

Ranald
 
Well guys, had a nice run out, enjoyed meeting some of you and viewing your bikes. Good turnout for my first time out.

The downside !!!

We left fairly early as my brother was going out (Repsol Blade ) and went back home the Rothbury roads which we know very well.
Everything was fine until myself and my other brother on his 749 Bip came round a 90 right only to find a river on the road.
I lost the back end on my 749R but caught it, my brother was not so lucky, all I could see through my mirror was his bike sliding, hihsiding then sliding down the road all at a maximum of 20mph.
His clutch cover disintegrated and his clutch lost all 6 its springs/retainers etc making it unrideable. The swinging arm is also wrecked along with the complete seat unit and right side fairing and the usual brakes/flashers etc.
We were stuck in the middle of nowhere with no biposto bike between the 6 of us ( apart from my brothers fu**ed one ) and no mobile phone signal.
The only place nearby was a pub who put his bike round the back until we get to pick it up.

So what was a great day has turned a little sour !!
 
Ian, Sorry to hear about your brothers bike, hope he is okay?. I came back down the A697, dry until the Rothbury Alnwick crossroads, and only light rain for the final 10 miles back home.

Hope everyone else made it home safe and dry.
 
Neepdocker said:
Just of the phone to hospital. It would appear that Tam has some sort of back injury. They are about to transfer him to the western general ward 32.Nurse was a bit vague as to what was exactly wrong with him.

Ranald

Thanks for the update Ranald, if you hear anything please let us know mate.

Just off the phone to Davie and Gordon, they're going to try and pop in to see Tam tonight - fingers crossed for good news guys
 
Pete said:
Ian, Sorry to hear about your brothers bike, hope he is okay?. I came back down the A697, dry until the Rothbury Alnwick crossroads, and only light rain for the final 10 miles back home.

Hope everyone else made it home safe and dry.
Hah!! Safe and, er, wet.

Great day tho, must thank Ian (again) and Mikey for navigating etc.

So sorry to hear of your mishap Ian. Any way I can help you out?
 
Just checking in, trying to fight my way out of this Respro Johnny that Giz lent me, back soon, or not as the case may be :eek:
 
Great to meet everyone today - these DUN events are popular !. Not good to hear of the two mishaps today. Hope Tam is OK and that IanG/brother/bike get things fixed up OK.

Anyone got some photos ?
 
Got here safely but a bit wet, My run up was dry and sunny took exactly 3 hours to get to Glentress and exactly 175 miles all for a sausage and black puddin sarny and a cuppa tea! It was well worth it! Was the third to arrive at 9.45 which suprised me a bit! Had a brill day done about 400 miles, Davie, where was that lake where we stopped for a piccy? (and why wouldn't one of these new fangled tesstretta things fire up when we came to leave??!!)
Thanks to Mike, Ian and Davie for an excellent day out!:thumbs:
 
sorry to hear about the off's guys, hope both are ok !

Was going to come today but i cant tuck my knee up yet.

/ian
 
Just arrived back home. Really good to meet some of you today even if it was a bit brief, no 8.15 ferry this morning so did not get to the main land untill 10.15 sun all day it was a blast! I left the ferry tonight got compleatly drenched for the last 16 miles. 423miles in total first time out in 18 months the 888 did not miss a beat.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
 
Back
Top Bottom