Hizzy Run Sunday 21st May

Im going to say meet at Straiton carpark out side MFI, Currys etc next to Kaspers Catering burger van at 9am. Great rolls if you fancy a quick nibble. I think the boy has Michelin Stars when it comes to bacon rolls etc!!! Then we can make our way down from there to Glentress (for a full brekkie!) ;)

Head out through Bilston and down that way guys :dunno: :dunno:
 
NW200, Knockhill, Hizzy.

Just back from NW200, it was fantastic, couldnt have possibly got a better day for race day, and well done Stuart Easton on a couple of good results the wee man seems to be finding some form and long may it continue. Off to Knockhill for my first ever track day with ducati glasgow 2 nite (cant wait), I'll be the one lapping at 50mph scared of binning my pride and joy, hopefully see some of you lot tonight, if not ill be at the glentress at 9am sunday for breakie on way to Hizzy run.

See you there !:thumbs:
 
Frankie999 said:
Just back from NW200, it was fantastic, couldnt have possibly got a better day for race day, and well done Stuart Easton on a couple of good results the wee man seems to be finding some form and long may it continue. Off to Knockhill for my first ever track day with ducati glasgow 2 nite (cant wait), I'll be the one lapping at 50mph scared of binning my pride and joy, hopefully see some of you lot tonight, if not ill be at the glentress at 9am sunday for breakie on way to Hizzy run.

See you there !:thumbs:
does 9 am on a sunday morning even exist?ill be toiling to make the meet at straiton for that time 9.30 will be about my best bet! if you guys have already left ill just follow you down at my own pace
 
gordj65 said:
does 9 am on a sunday morning even exist?ill be toiling to make the meet at straiton for that time 9.30 will be about my best bet! if you guys have already left ill just follow you down at my own pace
Weather permitting I'm going to try to get down for this. If I leave at 7.30 I should make it by 9.00 but I'm not too sure which junction is the Straiton one. Multimap says A701 so I'll look for that. What am I looking for when I get there? :confused:
 
Davieravie said:
Im going to say meet at Straiton carpark out side MFI, Currys etc next to Kaspers Catering burger van at 9am. Great rolls if you fancy a quick nibble. I think the boy has Michelin Stars when it comes to bacon rolls etc!!! Then we can make our way down from there to Glentress (for a full brekkie!) ;)

Head out through Bilston and down that way guys :dunno: :dunno:

Davie,

I'll come round and chap your door at about 08:45 mate, don't have me phoning you to wake you up this time eh ;)

If that burger van is the same one as we went to the last time, then that's good enough for me!
 
Last edited:
I'll try and join up for 9 bells at the burger van. If I tell the missus I am away to buy some paint she might not even realise I have taken my bike. Heres hoping for a dry day. :thumbs:
 
PaulV said:
I'll try and join up for 9 bells at the burger van. If I tell the missus I am away to buy some paint she might not even realise I have taken my bike. Heres hoping for a dry day. :thumbs:
Yuo obviously don't have Termignonis on your multi!;)
 
Derek said:
Weather permitting I'm going to try to get down for this. If I leave at 7.30 I should make it by 9.00 but I'm not too sure which junction is the Straiton one. Multimap says A701 so I'll look for that. What am I looking for when I get there? :confused:
its marked as the straiton junction derek as you come of the by pass there will be a big electricity sub station type thing on your l.h.s. so you know youve got the right junction.you come on to a big roundabout turn right there till your going under the bridge.go straight across the next roundabout type thing and at the next set of lights take a left which should lead you into the shopping area thingy go up the hill and look for afore mentioned burger van.if you cant see that look for davie and his perfectly waxed eyebrows;)
 
gordj65 said:
its marked as the straiton junction derek as you come of the by pass there will be a big electricity sub station type thing on your l.h.s. so you know youve got the right junction.you come on to a big roundabout turn right there till your going under the bridge.go straight across the next roundabout type thing and at the next set of lights take a left which should lead you into the shopping area thingy go up the hill and look for afore mentioned burger van.if you cant see that look for davie and his perfectly waxed eyebrows;)
Thanks Gordj. I'll keep an eye out for Davie's eyebrows :D
 
steve748 said:
Yuo obviously don't have Termignonis on your multi!;)



I haven't finished paying for the bike yet.... can't afford the pipes !!!!

I can't be the only guy to push the bike to the end of the road to escape the wife can I????:confused:
 
Derek said:
Weather permitting I'm going to try to get down for this. If I leave at 7.30 I should make it by 9.00 but I'm not too sure which junction is the Straiton one. Multimap says A701 so I'll look for that. What am I looking for when I get there? :confused:

Derek,

I'm planning on heading over if the weather is alright - if you like I can buddy you over as I know where the van is.

Let me know mate.

Cheers!
 
So 9-9.30am on Sunday weather permitting at the burger van guys/girls. Its not Sainsburys car park as such but its not far. As Gordon says, the junction is marked "Straiton". Go to bottom of slip road. Turn right at roundabout and go under the bypass and stay in nearside lane. Vear off left at the roundabout thingy and head up the hill for 200 yds till you come to a mini roundabout, McDonalds is on your right. Turn right into the shopping/leisure park. Burger van is about 200 yds straight in front of you. Mighty fine rolls!!!!! But watch you dont eat too much because you need enough room for breakkie at Glentress! :D

Anyone lost can call me 07725806266. :thumbs:
 
Davieravie said:
Im going to say meet at Straiton carpark out side MFI, Currys etc next to Kaspers Catering burger van at 9am. Great rolls if you fancy a quick nibble. I think the boy has Michelin Stars when it comes to bacon rolls etc!!! Then we can make our way down from there to Glentress (for a full brekkie!) ;)

Head out through Bilston and down that way guys :dunno: :dunno:

Davie, it sounds like you guys are stopping for bacon rolls at Straiton at 9-ish and then coming down to Glentress for seconds. How about you text me once you've finished your Glentress stop and I'll nip along and meet up ?.
 
A quick bite and a tea/coffee and we'll be down to Glentress say about 10 ish i would imagine. Its not far. Heading off at 9.30-9.45 (for Gordons benefit) ;)

I'll call you when we arrive DB :thumbs:
 
Davieravie said:
I cant imagine having another brekkie at Glentress TBH but I do have a reputation to keep up now. :cool:
the challenge for this run will be to take a picture of davie when hes not eating;)
 
Scottch said:
Derek,

I'm planning on heading over if the weather is alright - if you like I can buddy you over as I know where the van is.

Let me know mate.

Cheers!
That would be good Scott. :thumbs:
I've got visions of me going round and round all the roundabouts on the bypass looking for a burger van :dizzy:
It will depend on the weather cause I'm not going if it's crap. Where would you suggest we meet up if all is good?
 
Last edited:
Derek,

I'm in the same boat buddy - I'll not be there if the weather is @@@@e

What road will you be taking mate?

If you're coming down the A92 I'll meet you in the first layby out of Glenrothes (08:20) or if you're coming down the M'way I'll get you in the big layby immediately before the FRB (08:35) - hows that sound?
 
Has anyone actually checked to see if the Hizzy exhibition is on?

I checked before we went last year and there was seasonal variances then.
 
Scottch said:
Derek,

I'm in the same boat buddy - I'll not be there if the weather is @@@@e

What road will you be taking mate?

If you're coming down the A92 I'll meet you in the first layby out of Glenrothes (08:20) or if you're coming down the M'way I'll get you in the big layby immediately before the FRB (08:35) - hows that sound?

I'll be heading from Forfar to Perth then down the Motorway so I'll see you at the layby before the bridge. The forecast is good :)
 
drewV2 said:
Ian if the weather is like that I'll definitely be stayin in bed, I'm still catchin up on my sleep from last weeks escapades at the NW 200
Well I'm going to call on you on the way home from SUNNY Blackpool. You better be out of bed because I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!
 
If you are a resident of Hawick you get in for free!!!!!!!!! Spot a street name, think of a number, speak with a hoiky accent and yer in for nowt. Not that ive done it before or nothing.;) ;) ;)
 
kdblamire said:
Had my wedding reception in that very building when it was a hotel,does that count for free entry?
your going to go to the place you got married in .......wouldnt be me,wouldnt want to be reminded of that dark day ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom