Hizzy Run Sunday 21st May

borderduc said:
Anyone got some photos ?

Didn't get many - but some ;)

01.jpg


02.jpg


04.jpg


08.jpg


09.jpg


10.jpg


11.jpg


12.jpg


13.jpg
 
You could upload as attachments via reply to thread but the max limit is 97.7 kb for jpg,s or host them yourself , If you dont have any web space I could probably host them for you if you email them to me .
 
nic6196 said:
aargh ive got photos but i dont know how to get them on!!!
Nic!! Didn't know you were there! Wish I'd known, would have chatted or whatever! Oh well, another time
 
Oh, and thanks to everyone for coming, apologies i don't think i managed to meet everyone or work out who was who, we need name badges :D :D

Hope Tam's OK and Ian's brother gets his bike sorted, it was getting a bit slippy by the time we got home in the downpour :(
 
we need name badges

I think that is a brilliant idea! I was going to suggest it or I might have done and can't remember to who?!
I think it was Chris Tarrant talking about TISWAS said all the kids had badges so he didn't get the names wrong and when he was on the radio (London) he did the same when interviewing a new group called Take That who changed all the names round!
So all that is needed are some big Red circular stickers that we write our names on..........Brilliant!;)
 
Name Badges OK

Yes badgeholders only! Think thats the title of a very old Led Zeppelin bootleg but... From talking to a few folk today it seems like most of us Ducatisti do our own thing and generally don't ride with lots of others. It was certainly brought home to me as I came up the A68 towards todays event. I met groups of other bikes(mainly 4's) coming the other way and a few groups of mainly 4's going my way. With so many on the road I slowed down to around 70 and let them pass.
I went the other way round Cheviot on the way home and apart from doing some 15 miles more very much enjoyed the 698/697 plus B roads I encountered. My heavy cold seemed much diminished on return even though I still have a very gruff voice. Excellent day all round.
 
Well we have just made it home, absolutely knackered!!!

Great ride if a little bit damp, good to see such a great turn out and meet some new faces :)

I can say for certain now that Bob does not like the wet... neither does Freak!!!
 
Lily said:
I can say for certain now that Bob does not like the wet... neither does Freak!!!

We noticed that a while ago Claire - the bloke is absolutely reeking and it's about time he had his annual bath!
 
:eek: Add another to the casualty list...Hamish wrote the S4 challenge bike off on the road to peebles DOH! took him to hospital sore ribs but ok Selky S4 rode back to Glasgow and picked up his jeep+trailer to recover the bike from the ditch.Duke-al dropped his bike in Selkirk no damage though!!!
All in all an eventful day!!!
 
Morning everyone, the morning after the day before, hope everyone is feeling ok. Well we got my brothers bike back and here is the damage list !!

New swinging arm
s/arm bobbins
rear brake
foot rest
brake lever
mirror
fairing wind deflector
lower fairing
f & r seat unit
alloy clutch cover
red pressure plate
clutch drum
clutch basket
clutch plates
6 springs + bolts

He has a £400 excess so is a little bit sick to say the least.

Thanks for all the comments and hope the other two casualties are not too bad.
 
10 mins after you left we were still sitting at the junction waiting for the guys when Bruce phoned to say Hamish had tried to jump the river!!! Got caught in the rain about Carluke, Power race+rain=Messy pants...Hamish is ok but the bike is fecked so he is thinking himself lucky!!!
 
Morning all, well it was a great day apart from the rain and more rain....

Glad to see everyone again and some people who I haven't met before, sorry if I didn't get to say hello to everyone, what a turn out though :D

The journey back to Gizmo's was going great until the rain kicked in, cold and wet and thankful for the constant supply of coffee back in Penrith :D

How glad am I that we have bought a van and managed to get from Penrith back to Cheshire in the comfort of a warm van with the heater on.

Just so tired today as we eventually got back in around 11pm last night, sorry to hear about the mishaps though and thankfully everyone is pretty much OK
 
Good to hear Hamish is OK - pity about his bike

Gave the bike a good look over when I got home - no damage - just a wobbly indicator and scratched defendall (it's going to get redone anyway).......
 
hi all,

Yesterday was my first ride out with the group and very enjoyable too. Will be sending in a couple of pics once I get them off the camera.

Sorry to hear of the mishaps however.

Looking forward to the next one.

Sam
 
It was my first ride out aswell. Guys were friendly and we seemed to have a good bit of banter but it looks like we are all jinxed.... don't know if I will bother with any more rides... I like my bike as it is!;)

Quick thanks to all the guys that met up at Straighton and Glentress. Hopefully we can get a few more miles on the clock thru the rest of the summer..... sorry less wet and slightly warmer part of the year!

Paul.
P.S.
Has Dave done anything more about the back, sack and crack??????:thumbs:
 
Scottch said:
Paul,

I'm a bit concerned about your interest in Davies crack and sacks mate :eek:

your ok paul i spoke to the lovely diane yesterday and there is no way shes going anywhere davies back, sack or crack and i cant say i blame her ;)
 
Scottch said:
Paul,

I'm a bit concerned about your interest in Davies crack and sacks mate :eek:


I told you yesterday.... I have "heard" on the grape vine that it stops you sweating in your leathers!!!;)

I want to stop any further speculation about any interest I have with backs, sacks or indeed cracks.

My lawers will be watching!:mad:
 
Nimue said:
Nic!! Didn't know you were there! Wish I'd known, would have chatted or whatever! Oh well, another time
Sorry!! i think i saw you but i was a bit shy to just come over and start chatting:o its always the same, end up talking to the folk you already know and defeat the purpose of riding all that way to meet up with new folk....
 
nic6196 said:
Sorry!! i think i saw you but i was a bit shy to just come over and start chatting:o its always the same, end up talking to the folk you already know and defeat the purpose of riding all that way to meet up with new folk....

for "too shy" substitute too busy chatting up the young men lol;)
 
Back
Top Bottom