Rideout to Thirsk, May 6

Jan, don't know how you would get from your place to it but I would suggest:

Starting at Hexham, Edmundbyers, Stanhope, Eggleston, Barnard Castle, Richmond, Thirsk.

Any one passing through Northallerton on the way to Thirsk? If yes what time'ish

Smiler

I will be passing thru at some point after joining up with with Jan and others
from further up north, when I know Jan's route I'll let you know timings:thumbs:
 
Nimue, Ray,

Will make me own way up from York area, think there's some UKMOCers riding up past my way so poss. will ride up with them. Either way, look forward to meeting you there
 
It's looking good Jan, I hope I can round up a few Yorkies.

Smiler..........I seem to remember you having an very nice SPS last time we met a Looooooooooong time ago?

A trip to whitby for Lunch might be in order, the Monsters are already heading that way?

Ray.
 
Hi Ray,

Yes its been a long time - smashed leg forced the sale of the SPS (still miss her), on a monster now, it will be good to meet up at Thirsk on Sunday.

Smiler
 
if time is short on the way down and Jan can't do the Barnard Castle route I can lead a few back that way and turn off at Stanhope if needed.
 
Scotty has kindly volunteered to lead the way down to BC so I'll be meeting him somewhere around Gateshead

I think there might be a ride out to Whitby planned, after we've had a cuppa at Thirsk
 
Not much time free on 6th but I could join you for a couple of hours - poss run over to BC then head back on my own - I'll see what the day has in stall for me
 
reet from the far East 8:45 at the A69/A1 roundabout leave at 9:00

i prommise not to hoon too much
 
i ment on that actual roundabout itself

theres a massive pavment area but it is a questionable manouver to get onto it
best done as you aproch the roundabout and slow before you join and instear of joining turn right onto the footpath knocking ped's flying and if your lucky crashing into the paramedic emergency responce car thats sometimes parked there

or maybe the layby is a better idea :?
 
yes via barney want to meet up there ? we should be comming from the glaxo factory direction and will be going through the middel of town i assume

hows about the corner near the post office ? 10 ish
 
yes via barney want to meet up there ? we should be comming from the glaxo factory direction and will be going through the middel of town i assume

hows about the corner near the post office ? 10 ish

great, see you there :thumbs:
 
Scotty, I'll just go round and round till I get dizzy

Tony, won't be too difficult to pick you out, love the paint job!
 
wheres the post office in Barnie and if i miss you where's the meet point in thirsk??

On the main street somewhere, I'll ride up and down till I find it, :confused: , Otherwise the Cafe in Thirsk Market Square... seeya there...:)
 
dont count me out just yet - I held my breath until my lips went blue & Mrs D relented

If Im not on the 69/a1 by 9 im still in bed with stella
 
I may not make it , don't wait for me :(.

Penrith has light rain and is v windy, hopefully other side of Pennines is a bit nicer
 
Oh what a wonderful time we had....

Eventful or what?

First of all I get an electrical fault, slow down and get left behind then break down in the middle of nowhere with no electrics at all. Thanks DancingDog for bringing the cavalry to my rescue!

Met up with other folks at Thirsk and went on to Whitby. I was seriously impressed watching Steve 748's riding skills using his handlebar clutch thingy

On the way there, four of us nearly got taken out by a biker coming off on the other side of the road as we were passing. Poor guy nearly got decapitated by my front wheel :eek: .He seemed OK but Police and ambulance turned up in due course and we left them to it.

Oh, yeah, Whitby was nice too, had a blast coming back the Guisboro' way.
 
It was really nice to get out and meet some peeps and put a few faces to names, some I recognise from RTL I still struggle with remembering the names! Thanks to Jan for organising it and was good to see you again (the gearchange is a doddle, it's remembering to pick me foot up that takes some practice and not panicking when the wind tries to blow it away!) and I hope our dice with the tumbling biker was the nearest any of us got to 'an off'. An excellent day out and I even managed to dodge the :rain:!
 
it was nice to met up with everyone even though i headed off alone :) had a blast back to Hawes in the company of Gary on a rather nice 888 and Andy on his Griso. I've added a few photos to the new photo gallery here

thirskmay0715.jpg


thirskmay0717.jpg


thirskmay0712.jpg
 
Rescue by committee I'd call it Jan - My phone, Scotty's knowledge of geography, Gizmo & TWPD (?) the pit crew & Badgerbait for having a 5mm Allen key in the picnic hamper under his seat

Sound like you had more fun than me - Mrs D B&Q'd me as soon as I got back.:eek: :eek:
Never mind - Im the proud owner of 6 new clematis and 2 leptospermum - I feel Soooooo special
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom