Rideout to Thirsk, May 6

Nimue

New member
Roll up, roll up!!

Me 'n Ray from DSC are organising a joint get-together of folks from DuN, DSC and anyone else who knows us. Thirsk market square, 11ish

If I have to ride down there all on my ownsome then I'll blast down the A1 - if I have company then we can sort out a more enjoyable route
 
in order to avoide the A19 i vote the road of death
or failing that there's a road i fancy from barney to reeth and you can come out somewhere near thirsk on that i think
 
Jan, don't know how you would get from your place to it but I would suggest:

Starting at Hexham, Edmundbyers, Stanhope, Eggleston, Barnard Castle, Richmond, Thirsk. Brilliant riding, superb scenery, a truly nice route. I do it on the way North either to the Borders/Kielder way or the long way up to Alston etc. I could do you the road numbers if you want.
 
Jan, If you let me know which route you're coming down, I'll join in. I'd go with Pete's sugestion of Barny through to Richmond and on, some great bike roads, one of my regular rides :cool:
 
Tony, Pete, that route sounds good. What time will I need to set off to get to Thirsk by 11ish? (ie what time will I have to get out of bed??)
 
I can get to Hexham (but I know the roads well) in about 90 mins on one tankful of gas. Without road knowledge, time for route checking etc. best to allow two hours-ish so you can enjoy it.
 
Ta for that Pete.

Rather than going all the way out to Hexham though, I'll probably cut towards Consett then A68/A688 down to Barnards Castle.

Where were you thinking of joining up Tony?
 
Jan, Barnys probably my best bet, though happy to come up to Consett if you're on your own:)
 
i might make it, Linzi is away so i'll have house jobs to do like feeding cats and myself :eek: if i get them done and me being useless that could be a problem, i'll meet you at Barnard Castle or Thirsk
 
i might make it, Linzi is away so i'll have house jobs to do like feeding cats and myself :eek: if i get them done and me being useless that could be a problem, i'll meet you at Barnard Castle or Thirsk

Ahh.......but to eat, first you must shop :eek: ;)
 
have some great memories of fighting bikers in thirsk after the scarborough scooter rallies, could be a bit scary though but a laugh at the time. that and the big hill just outside wondering whether the lambretta would ever get up it or not.............ahhh memories
 
That just happens to nicely coincide with (or oppose) my North Yorkshire Rideout (first of the month and all that........) :confused: Pity someone didn't read the calendar. :eek: We may join you but we may go the long way round. Or we may go somewhere else entirely.
 
All welcome, DSC, DuN, DOC, UKMOC, PSOC, the curious, etc. There's one or two in Thirsk who could just fall out of bed into the Market Square:D

The white Horse Cafe on the Thirsk Market Square will be open on the Sunday Morning.

See ya there,

Ray.
 
For anyone coming down via the A19, I could offer a nice distraction and go into Thirsk via the great B road into Helmsley, might be early enough to avoid PC Plod - maybe?

Frank
 
Back
Top Bottom