I see it as my 'Blog'.....Wish me luck !

SS_al said:
all I'll say is remove anything metal from your bod if you're going for a CT scan - otherwise the big magnetic doughnut will rip it....:eek:

I know this because it made my tattoo bleed when they scanned my knee!:hissy:


:eek: really, oh my god, if I have one of them I will have to remove some metal, think they need special plier type things though, hope the nurse helps me though ;)
 
dseered said:
:eek: really, oh my god, if I have one of them I will have to remove some metal, think they need special plier type things though, hope the nurse helps me though ;)

it would probably be better if you get 2 nurses:D :D :D
 
dseered said:
Does anyone know if you have to remove 'jewellery' if you go in one of then scanning machines ?
im pretty sure they have a wee basket thing next to the machine but probably as well to take as little as poss:comp2:
 
Well I got to ride another day, well at least got away with no needles today, just lost of prodding and kneading.

Got to go back Monday for everything to be done, Ultrasounds, X-rays and bloods, so there we go, thats all I know !

Right I'm gonna get me leathers on and go for a blast, kettle on Mikey ?
 
dseered said:
Well I got to ride another day, well at least got away with no needles today, just lost of prodding and kneading.

Right I'm gonna get me leathers on and go for a blast, kettle on Mikey ?

Sorry if we missed you Ian....been to Newcastle shopping, Michael has managed to buy a whole load of stuff including a Dainese clock :rolleyes:
 
Bright sunshine, I saw you guys were not online so just popped down to the Bridge of Devils and had a mug of tea, 20 bikes there though, got soaked on the way back !
 
Go on the bike two fingers to whatever may ot may not be out or up there, one more reason to get out and ride.:thumbs:

Good luck mate, see you Sunday if the weather is good !!!!;)
 
Tests

The doctors will either have an idea that they know what they are looking for and want to confirm it and treat in the way they know, or they don't have a clue what it is and need to sample all the wet stuff and do the usual tests to try and find out. If they are going to do anything that might make you feel woozy or unfit to drive they would have told you in advance and asked that someone goes with you. So if the weather is good go on the Duke if not it's the Mondeo! I look at it this way, don't worry about anything until they tell you to!!!
 
Hey Ian,

Like Linzi said, if it was serious you'd have been in as soon as so don't stress. Piercings, eh? Makes my eyes water just to think about it.

Positive thoughts, meet you in summer sometime, Jan xx
 
steve748 said:
The doctors will either have an idea that they know what they are looking for and want to confirm it and treat in the way they know, or they don't have a clue what it is and need to sample all the wet stuff and do the usual tests to try and find out. If they are going to do anything that might make you feel woozy or unfit to drive they would have told you in advance and asked that someone goes with you. So if the weather is good go on the Duke if not it's the Mondeo! I look at it this way, don't worry about anything until they tell you to!!!

I know what they are looking for, it is on all the cards I have to take on Monday, I have known for a while what they suspect, sometimes though the internet is not your friend, it can scare the pants off ya :eek:
 
hi ian, again only met you at the mmmmm but hoping everything goes ok for you today, best of luck mate.
 
Well that was easy, can't beat a bit of queue jumping, lets just wait and see what happens now, I'm off to clean my bike !
 
dseered said:
Well that was easy, can't beat a bit of queue jumping, lets just wait and see what happens now, I'm off to clean my bike !

And about time too!
 
Sorry to dissapoint Jon, it didn't get done, entertained my Godson for two hours then shot up to Carlisle for my new lid !

Maybe another day eh ;)
 
Well just got back from Manchester and Hope Hospital, I have never seen as much totty in one place in my life, all in uniforms, its a teaching hospital !

I saw a Dermatologist today and she had me down to my boxers prodding and poking and asking loads of questions, she wasn't fit but I had a scare at one point !

Anyway she sent me for more specific blood tests as she hasn't seen the ones that McMillan did, she has a hunch and I must say after doing a bit of 'internet research' she might be right, where the hell she pulled it from I will never know, if its what she suspects it may be a short stay for tests but more than likley just anti-biotics !

All I can say is keep away from deer ticks !

Watch this space, next stop McMillan on Tuesday ;)

On the plus side, I don't mind needles as much now, they don't really hurt :cool:
 
So deer ticks are worse than needles then D?

Pleased you sound more cheerful about it all now!
 
She suspects Lymes disease, it would explain an awful lot in my life, mood swings, weight loss, anxiety, depression, no concentration laaaaaadeeeeedaaaaaadeeeedaaaaaaa yes I think she may have hit the nail on the head !

Results will show, I am, tonight at least a happy boy, although not yet proven !
 
Havn't met u yet Ian but hope everything works out ok:thumbs:
Know what your goin through as the wife goes through it every day now that she's on dialacis, eg: worry etc.
Keep yur chin up and keep us all posted.;)
 
Good news mate the only thing is that it can take months to get over it. so keep fit and eat well.

Peter
 
Ian what the hell are you doing to yourself. I turn my back for 5 seconds ... kids!

Oh and the tool you need for your piercings is a set of circlip pliers! ;)

:D
 
Had a call from the hospital, consultant I was seeing 2 moro has totalled herself in a sking accident, I said I need to know what is going on with my results........

Just had a call back now.

Chest x-ray = unremarkable

Abdo Scan = unremarkable

Full bloods = no dramas.

So no cancer I guess, just waiting for Deer Tick woman to come back to me now !
 
Back
Top Bottom