It's a mysterySometimes it's not just the value of something that affects insurance, hence your car.![]()
It's a mysterySometimes it's not just the value of something that affects insurance, hence your car.![]()
It's a mysterythe car is far rarer and being an aluminium chassis easily written off in an accident
![]()
Ride the flipping bikes good god I lose the will to live on this … it’s a motorbike and we are not long on this world or maybe we can all accumulate £5,000,000 and let someone else piss it up the wall whilst saying ‘yeah he made his money he did well’ then carry on pissing.This would be my fear with a zero mileage bike, a genuine question for the more mechanical of us here? I'd rather a lightly used bike as my thinking is the seals o rings and even metal surfaces would get a smear of oil every now and then? In a zero mile bike it might have sat pretty much all its life with all these parts drying out with no lubrication to preserve them? With the rebuilt desmo that was done on YouTube they seen a few of these problems due to inactivity, they even had to replace the head gaskets as they were letting go? 800 pounds for a gasket set![]()
It's Valuable and RareRare doesn't always mean valuable![]()
Valuable to you and some others, not as valuable to insurance companies who value riskIt's Valuable and Rare![]()
Valuable to you and some others, not as valuable to insurance companies who value risk
A much better looking bathtub than your tubby DesiYeah, but it's basically a fibreglass bathtub with a wheel at each corner, so they obviously feel sorry for you.![]()
i often get called rareRare doesn't always mean valuable![]()
Nope, to others - to me it was worth the £16,250 I paid for it, to others now it's worth 3 x more, go figureValuable to you and some others, not as valuable to insurance companies who value risk
Good likeness from the front view
Here's a UK bike that sold in Paris in 2017 for a little over 70k Euro - so little increase in the last few years but they were £40K new.none so blind as those who won't see....
View attachment 18585
thats great then sell them all in ParisHere's a UK bike that sold in Paris in 2017 for a little over 70k Euro - so little increase in the last few years but they were £40K new.
Similar to some Porker Values eh? They just go up
View attachment 18591
Fact is they still go up, like some carsthats great then sell them all in Paris......fact is the potential buyer is even rarer than the bloke paying 25K for the 1098R..let alone someone willing and or able to pay that amount.
At least I could get in that one.
You bet your balls I'd be riding itRide the flipping bikes good god I lose the will to live on this … it’s a motorbike and we are not long on this world or maybe we can all accumulate £5,000,000 and let someone else piss it up the wall whilst saying ‘yeah he made his money he did well’ then carry on pissing.
Nope, to others - to me it was worth the £16,250 I paid for it, to others now it's worth 3 x more, go figure![]()
Never meet your heroes, or enjoy them when they are still the dogs danglesBurger me !
You got a right bargain there ..... give me a shout if you ever need £16,250 in a hurry .....
Apropos of nothing in particular .....
I stopped for petrol yesterday and there was a Dino 246 on an M plate parked across from me
Stunning condition ( all the inside covered in plastic ) and I chatted with the driver who said they were restoring it for the owner
and only the second time out since engine rebuild .
I had to hear it start ( glorious of course ) but it smelled really gassy ..... and the bloke said yeah , it won't tick over unless it's running rich
... he also said that the performance was very disappointing .
I had a quick search and there are a few on sale ..... starting at £300,000
I'm not sure what my point is exactly ..... maybe someone can help me out ?
![]()
You can do both I keep my bikes immaculate but they are all taxed and insured so they all get used!! A friend of my wife they are running buddy's she's fallen a couple of times since Xmas and decided to get her balance checked out she found out this week she has parkinsons and she's only 46I’ll say it from experience, when a life threatening or life changing illness or situation strikes you will not give one jot for materialistic things or investments etc unless you are leaving for kids obviously you look after your own, but things can change overnight just live your life to the fullest and healthiest you can no need to threat over scratched paint, corrosion, theft, putting miles on something etc etc
It’s just seems like unnecessary stress
i often get called rare
I’m absolutely shattered today and I do occasionally feel like this god knows why but for all I know it’s a medical issue of the future? I just live for now or certainly not too far in front not one bit of me would plan months in front, all my life when something goes right something bad is lurking behind it so I don’t get giddy about anything really as it’s like a sign I’m letting my guard down or taking things for granted so I stay a bit pessimistic in the hope it means things will actually be a bit better than expected almost calling it’s bluff if that makes sense?You can do both I keep my bikes immaculate but they are all taxed and insured so they all get used!! A friend of my wife they are running buddy's she's fallen a couple of times since Xmas and decided to get her balance checked out she found out this week she has parkinsons and she's only 46we are here for a good time not a long time I'm afraid
![]()