BT MotoGP coverage

Update, just got email from Virgin media telling me I have now got BT sport 1&2 & espn free. Also in HD. Checked tonight and yup can view. Don't know if MotoGP will be on them 2. Fingers crossed as I'm not paying for it next year.:rolleyes:
 
Update, just got email from Virgin media telling me I have now got BT sport 1&2 & espn free. Also in HD. Checked tonight and yup can view. Don't know if MotoGP will be on them 2. Fingers crossed as I'm not paying for it next year.:rolleyes:

I just got that update on my V+ box too....fingers crossed for next year that the coverage will be on the BT sport channels 1&2 then.......
perhaps virgin is the way to go...MotoGP parties at Virgin subscribers houses???
 
33 of the 35 responses are 'off topic', is that a record?

Oops, counting mine it's 34 out of 36!:D

Nope....34 out of 36 have remained ON TOPIC...weve just avoided answering Paul's (sorry mate) original question which has probably been missed in post #1, but all the otherposts have pretty much remained true to the thread title topic!
:thumbs:
 
On MCN today virgin media have done a 3 year deal with BT to cover MotoGP, you will get it free if you are a XL
customer.
 
So now we know some of us can get it....what do you want from your coverage ?? ;-)

I pretty much agree with Phil

Well..............

Practice, qualifying and races for all 3 classes LIVE. So far almost the same as Eurosport.

Presented by Toby, Jules and Spalders, and a pitlane reporter, preferably someone who knows what they are talking about (not because they look good and and have a large chest:eek: ) any suggestions?

do not, repeat do not employ Parrish or Cox :mad:

Although I do like the extra bits and behind the scenes sometimes, and a wee bit of eye candy on the grid doing some interviews afterwards can be entertaining!
 
I pretty much agree with Phil

Well..............

Practice, qualifying and races for all 3 classes LIVE. So far almost the same as Eurosport.

Presented by Toby, Jules and Spalders, and a pitlane reporter, preferably someone who knows what they are talking about (not because they look good and and have a large chest:eek: ) any suggestions?

do not, repeat do not employ Parrish or Cox :mad:

Personally I don't care about "extra" bits as they all tend to be the same and end up being dumbed down but as this will be a new broadcaster and they will try for a larger market share us experienced fans will have to accept this, I just don't have to watch them.

and this may be far too much for BT but can I just pay for Moto GP, I don't want football or rugby or tiddly winks

As do I!
 
I wasn't aware of these changes.
I have no advice or suggestions because, although I have BT I now don't have a TV, I have been watching on Iplayer, (which i tended to anyway as I can skip the 30 min of blah blah boring fart with a BBC mike stuffed up his nose meandering round the starting grid and pit lane and get to the 'why i've come here' bit.
I certainly wouldn't be paying for any kind of sport package as I hate 'blokey' sport with a passion and the only sport I do watch is Bike racing.
Personally I LOVE Steve Parrish and Charlie Cox's commentary, in additon to watching the racing, they make me laugh.
I don't care how accurate the info is, i don't give a rats ass about the tweak to the electronic of one of the teams, the cosmetic surgery to riders leg length to help improve aerodynamics in cornering and he temperature of the tyres relative to the temperature of the R&D persons tea, I want to watch the race and occassionally hear who's passing who, if I want tech specs I can go read a blog.
I haven't seen these other presenters but I hear they're much the same entertainment and excitement wise as the ones doing the F1 and they were great! At getting me falling to sleep within minutes on the 2 occassions I tried to watch, (and my god, an F1 race is stunningly dull, this car can't pass the other because he's on the wrong lap, two corners off where the passing allowance is, his flaps aren't deployed and he's wearing the wrong colour socks. etc)

Well, this niche market has become more niche and lost another viewer, I won't be watching 2014 GP on TV, i'd rather save my money and go visit a couple of live GP races in somewhere like Italy and Spain per season to see, hear and smell it in real time.

In fact I do have some advice for you to pass onto your friend and his BT crew, (and Sky and Cable and whoever else)
'Stop being so F*****g greedy and bleeding people dry and maybe just stick to providing a phone service.
And to the BBC, thanks a bunch, just what the hell have you been spending my licence fee money on, i'm glad i'm not replacing the TV or paying for a new license next year.
 
now this is going slightly off topic ( sorry Paul) but all this discussion about the network providers got me thinking that I never actually read any of the booklets or newsletters that come with my bill when it gets sent to me as most of them seemed to be targetting new customers or short term offers.
So a quick phone call to virgin medai this afternoon I asked, as a long term customer, what could they offer me to stay with them.
so the lovely gentleman has just upgraded me to the home superhub 2 broadband modem, a new 500GB TiVo box for the living room whilst keeping the old V+ HD box for second TV, all free installation, and all for several quid LESS each month than i am currently paying!
wow..it just shows...if you don't ask..you don't get! Result! August just keeps getting better and better for me!
:thumbs:
 
Personally I LOVE Steve Parrish and Charlie Cox's commentary, in additon to watching the racing, they make me laugh.........
...........................
..........I haven't seen these other presenters but I hear they're much the same entertainment and excitement wise as the ones doing the F1 and they were great! .

if you had ever seen or listened Toby & Julian & Randy & Neil you would totally get it.
each to their own I suppose but Steve & Charlie just make me cringe, especially all of Steves celebrity name dropping like "back when I was racing with so and so or its not like when I was racing with blah blah blah"
 
Excited!!

I just wanted to see latest pictures, interviews from the popular riders in BT MotoGP coverage. I hope collecting such information is not going to be very tough. Hope that question guy will manage to collect those!! :lol2:

Margerret
 
BT announce their team......

"BT SPORT has released details of its presenters and commentators for the 2014 MotoGP season.

Having bought the rights to broadcast the race series from BBC, BT Sport will begin coverage of the first race in Qatar five weeks from now.

Melanie Sykes - a TV presenter and model - will present on race day, joined by BSB and WSBK champions Neil Hodgson and James Toseland.

Former Eurosport MotoGP commentator Julian Ryder will join former 500cc GP star Keith Huewen in the booth.

Presenter and journalist Gavin Emmett will act as BT Sport’s MotoGP reporter.

TV’s Craig Doyle and former Olympic Silver medal sprinter Iwan Thomas will also front a MotoGP follow-up show on a Tuesday night. The show will have special studio guests and be filmed with a live audience.

BT says it will provide the most extensive coverage of the sport that has ever been seen in the UK. Launching on 18 March, BT are airing a preview show featuring interviews with many of the riders and coverage from the pre-season tests.

BT will also be launching a MotoGP smartphone app allowing users to watch each race from seven different camera angles.

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: “It’s really exciting to be launching such a thrilling new sport on BT Sport, with a tremendous new team and what we believe will be a fresh approach to MotoGP and some fantastic new shows."


Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--racing-news/bt-sport-announces-2014-motogp-presenters/24514.html#ixzz2thcwenQt"
 
Thanks for that Paul
Paying BT a fortune for Business package means I don't get it, Thanks BT hope you crash and burn on this one.
 
Ive had virgin media for a long time and have to say super impressed not only with their customer services but also the package I am on.
Super fast broadband, faster and cheaper than the competitors.
And i get BT sports free on my package.
I have to say I was most impressed with them recently. I kept getting generic letters to "The Occupier" posted through the letterbox of virgin media offers to new customers, so i phoned them up and just asked as a loyal customer what they could do for me. No problem sir, we can discount your monthly bill, upgrade your package, upgrade your modem/router, upgrade the HD box to Tivo and you can keep the old HD box for another room, oh and we will install that and re-route al the cabling for you , no problem. Fantastic.

Anyway point I was gonna make and got sidetracked.......offer is open to anyone wanting to come round to watch the MotoGP at my house!
:thumbs:
 
What do I want to see?
Well same coverage as before would be fine, but lots more ‘behind the scenes’ bit would be great, such as some techy stuff, like pictures of engines, frames wheels. Also given that I don’t read lots of stuff on Moto GP. I would like some technical coverage on what the engine is like and the development of it, in fact anything that says that those who watch it are not just interested in the race itself. All of this of course is entirely irrelevant as I wont be paying BT for it, or Sky, or for that matter any of the money grabbing greedy charlatans who like to control peoples freedom of choice! I hate the ‘exclusivity’ of this free market crap. Bring back coverage on the Beeb, so everyone with a telly and the inclination can watch it. …come the revolution !!!
 
Interesting line up, the show does sound good...

A far as watching the actual MotoGP goes there might be providers in other countries showing the races so, learning about free VPN might be worth while after all.

A final (paid) option is always the Motogp.com website....

or just ask your friendly bike shop to get a line in and pile around the shop on a Sunday ;)
 
Truth is its not really free to BT customers. I started to get set up to receive it as i have BT infinity. First step was to go to an unlimited down load package which you need if you start watching TV. on the internet. So +£8 a month. Then it turns out you can only get BT sport if you have BT TV. which is £15-£22 a month. then if you dont have a BT line you have to pay £16 a month line rental. so after you have paid ave £40 a month...you get BT sport free..........................

The only real way to get it free is to watch it on line on your PC in which case you dont need to buy BT TV and if its all you watch you will not need unlimited download either. Trouble is BT on line has appalling picture quality whatever your download speed.Which i should imagine is done to make you get BT TV.

All this might be worth it if you got F1 or WSB or even BTC as well but BT offer no other programs that might interest a biker unless you want bloody football 24/7 :(
 
Interesting different views. I have BT (I had the TV before getting Unlimited Infinity Package) Broadband, TV and free phone calls in the evening and at weekends. Recently changed to Infinity Broadband (fibre optic cable) quickly and efficiently for extra £3 a month.
I will never pay SKY anything as long as Murdoch has anything to do with it, and I can't be bothered dealing with different companies for 'phone/broadband/'phone line/TV. Only thing I've missed is Superbikes but apparently I can get that through BT as well, so am away to investigate........
 
Last edited:
Amazing this stuff, a debate about Telly's/ wires/ fibre optic/ commentators, suppliers and prices, Vroom vroom
 
I will never pay SKY anything as long as Murdoch has anything to do with it

Good man :thumbs: Though it's getting near impossible to spend an ethical £££. I saw an interesting 'infographic' (:puke:) a while back showing that the majority of high street brands can all be traced to half a dozen or so multinationals.

I went to the Co-op (they have their troubles, but they are a co-op, source their fresh products locally, own farms locally) for a loaf. All they had was Warburtons - well known Tory donors. Bought Soreen instead. Soreen owned by a private equity company in turn owned by National Bank of Greece. I was just wanting some toast.

Melanie Sykes.
Neil Hodgson.
James Toseland.
Julian Ryder.
Keith Huewen.

Aye well. Perry, Ryder, Huewen would have been my dream team. The lass Sykes is good, but do they really need those other jokers? Good on bikes but hardly quality presenters. Discuss.



TV’s Craig Doyle and former Olympic Silver medal sprinter Iwan Thomas will also front a MotoGP follow-up show on a Tuesday night. The show will have special studio guests and be filmed with a live audience.

Don't know either of them. Is that the joiner that won the original BB?
 
I would have thought a man of your talents would be making his own bread - very on trend in the hipster community apparently.
 
Back
Top Bottom