Beer Monsters - unveil the ale

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
I know we have quite a few beer monsters in here and some who are partial to a certian brand or simply explore the vast range from small independent brewerys to beers from all countries. So all hail the ale and share your favoutite tipples
 
1603801716864.webp
 
I always enjoyed a pint of the Black stuff, or a good Ale, but just enjoyed the taste.

Unfortunately I was never very good at drinking, feeling ill after just a couple, so drunk less and less often over the years ending up with just maybe 3 or 4 pints a year and a glass of wine with my Xmas dinner.

Then a couple of years ago I had a bottle of Whitstable Bay on May bank holiday having not had any Alcohol since my xmas dinner glass of wine.

I was so ill I was off work for two days and Lady Nasher nearly called an Ambulance.

As you can imagine I don't bother any more, and only very occasionally think it might be nice to have a bottle of Ale.

What really annoys me is that when I turn down a drink, get pushed and have to say I don't drink, people often just assume I've had a serious drinking issue in the past, which is true, but not what they are thinking.

Nasher.
 
I remember when that came out, very tasty nectar and the even better thing was back then i lived right next door to an off licence the couple that ran it gave me a free taster of it, well that was it!!
Just love my Guinness now (y)
I discovered it back in the late 80’s in a pub in Lewes (The Brewers Arms. Proper spit and sawdust).
It’s my all time favourite and is pretty acceptable even in cans or bottles.
 
I always enjoyed a pint of the Black stuff, or a good Ale, but just enjoyed the taste.

Unfortunately I was never very good at drinking, feeling ill after just a couple, so drunk less and less often over the years ending up with just maybe 3 or 4 pints a year and a glass of wine with my Xmas dinner.

Then a couple of years ago I had a bottle of Whitstable Bay on May bank holiday having not had any Alcohol since my xmas dinner glass of wine.

I was so ill I was off work for two days and Lady Nasher nearly called an Ambulance.

As you can imagine I don't bother any more, and only very occasionally think it might be nice to have a bottle of Ale.

What really annoys me is that when I turn down a drink, get pushed and have to say I don't drink, people often just assume I've had a serious drinking issue in the past, which is true, but not what they are thinking.

Nasher.
That's a bit crap Nasher, I don't really drink much myself (l did in my 20's and early 30's but that's a different story) it's funny how people react to you not drinking, usually saying - go on, you can have just one....
 
I always enjoyed a pint of the Black stuff, or a good Ale, but just enjoyed the taste.

Unfortunately I was never very good at drinking, feeling ill after just a couple, so drunk less and less often over the years ending up with just maybe 3 or 4 pints a year and a glass of wine with my Xmas dinner.

Then a couple of years ago I had a bottle of Whitstable Bay on May bank holiday having not had any Alcohol since my xmas dinner glass of wine.

I was so ill I was off work for two days and Lady Nasher nearly called an Ambulance.

As you can imagine I don't bother any more, and only very occasionally think it might be nice to have a bottle of Ale.

What really annoys me is that when I turn down a drink, get pushed and have to say I don't drink, people often just assume I've had a serious drinking issue in the past, which is true, but not what they are thinking.

Nasher.
I just enjoy my Guinness, fair play to you for not drinking and it certainly saves the pennies at today's prices!!
 
I dont drink ale at all, never have, never will. Its shit. Used to drink alot of lager but since coming to the UK and experiencing many shitty pints I start drinking cider. Bottled cider as pints of that are inconsistent also.
But I can't wait to get back to nz and smash the worlds best larger.
 

Attachments

  • images.jpeg-1.webp
    images.jpeg-1.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 307
I dont drink ale at all, never have, never will. Its shit. Used to drink alot of lager but since coming to the UK and experiencing many shitty pints I start drinking cider. Bottled cider as pints of that are inconsistent also.
But I can't wait to get back to nz and smash the worlds best larger.
That brings back memories when i used to live with the Kiwis they called them a Steiny or a Steinbomb nice lager that.
 
Down the eye of ya cock is not an expression im familiar with! Get it down ya neck we usually say.
There was a shop a half hour from where I live that used to stock it but not for few years now.
Gourmet burger kitchen sell it but its like 5 quid for a 330ml! Not surprising as their burgers are about 15 quid for a good one.. fucken good burgers though!
 
Down the eye of ya cock is not an expression im familiar with! Get it down ya neck we usually say.
There was a shop a half hour from where I live that used to stock it but not for few years now.
Gourmet burger kitchen sell it but its like 5 quid for a 330ml! Not surprising as their burgers are about 15 quid for a good one.. fucken good burgers though!
I always found that saying odd but yes it's get down your neck!!
 
Back
Top Bottom