Almeria 18th - 20th May 2009

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
Its getting very close all of a sudden!

Perhaps now the time to suggest a wee meeting night in Gambrino?

All those in favour let me know by PM or something and we'll get a date sorted.

Ian

doubt it.
 
Now I'm confused!!

Ok, to re-start, is there any appetite for a dinner at Gambrino before we head off to sunnier climes?

I suppose we could do it 2nd week in May?
 
In fact, given that we are travelling on the Sunday this year, there is nothing to stop us doing the dinner on the Friday night before we leave and get the trip off to a flyer??
 
Now I'm confused!!

Ok, to re-start, is there any appetite for a dinner at Gambrino before we head off to sunnier climes?

I suppose we could do it 2nd week in May?

Not for me, i'm out, won't be attending, RSVP is NO, won't be there, thanks but no thanks,
 
OH - Peroni, forgot about that, evil stuff, evil, evil, evil... I'm in for a wee shandy or two
 
Suspension Technician

Stewart from MPG Glasgow will be coming with us to Almeria. Those who know Stewart will already know of his skill and knowledge, a knowledge built up through working with race teams at the HIGHEST LEVEL. Stewart will be on hand to offer advice and set up your bike for only £50 per hour... worth every penny.
 
I've sang Stewarts praise on this forum before, and I'm delighted he's coming :thumbs:

I'll be taking advantage of his attendance over the course of the trip.
 
What night for dinner?

Apologies if I missed the date in my brief review of the thread - what day is this dinner, I'd like to come along if possible.

G.
 
Gordon, Fergie is organising this, I think it's the FRIDAY before we fly out (Sunday). Peroni was the influencing factor for me... Good way to meet the rest of Team Scotland, that said we'd need TWO Gambrino's to fit everyone in this time.

I'll find out times etc and call you Monday.

Stuart
 
I think we should aim for the Friday night before we leave and get the weekend off to a flyer!

I was in for dinner last night and primed Ken to expect us. He is getting full for that night (and every Friday apparently) so I tol him 8/10.

I'm sure he'd be happy if there were more so when word filters round we can finalise the number then.

Now, cost.......in line with current pricing policy....

If you are eating then the figure for 2 courses is £20. If you wish to swap a starter for a dessert then a £1-99 surcharge applies. However if the starter is soup then it will carry a reduction overall of 99p.
Drink is available in copious amounts. If you are drinking Peroni this will be available in bottles or draught. If you drink from the bottle the price is as usual. If you require a glass (Desmo Silver Spooners) then each glass carries a levy of 25p., however if you keep the glass all night and re-fill from bottles then you'll only pay once. Draught is a different story, but after 2 pints you'll forget your name anyway so I wouldn't bother too much.
Seating is on chairs, but Desmo owners may choose the 'Throne' option. These are a flat fee of £10. Non Desmo owners may choose the upgraded version commensurate with their reduced status. Those riding non-Ducati may not upgrade. You probably can't afford it anyway and will struggle to find the bus fare to and from the venue. If this is you then perhaps the 'Spectator' package is more for you.
Spectators will be allowed but on a first come basis. There is limited outside seating with ample spactator views of the street and some restricted viewing of the restauarant. You will of course be able to bring a carry out (no Bucky please, it IS of course the West End) and while you wait you could take in the view at Ducati Glasgow!

:D

Names please?
 
I think we should aim for the Friday night before we leave and get the weekend off to a flyer!

I was in for dinner last night and primed Ken to expect us. He is getting full for that night (and every Friday apparently) so I tol him 8/10.

I'm sure he'd be happy if there were more so when word filters round we can finalise the number then.

Now, cost.......in line with current pricing policy....

If you are eating then the figure for 2 courses is £20. If you wish to swap a starter for a dessert then a £1-99 surcharge applies. However if the starter is soup then it will carry a reduction overall of 99p.
Drink is available in copious amounts. If you are drinking Peroni this will be available in bottles or draught. If you drink from the bottle the price is as usual. If you require a glass (Desmo Silver Spooners) then each glass carries a levy of 25p., however if you keep the glass all night and re-fill from bottles then you'll only pay once. Draught is a different story, but after 2 pints you'll forget your name anyway so I wouldn't bother too much.
Seating is on chairs, but Desmo owners may choose the 'Throne' option. These are a flat fee of £10. Non Desmo owners may choose the upgraded version commensurate with their reduced status. Those riding non-Ducati may not upgrade. You probably can't afford it anyway and will struggle to find the bus fare to and from the venue. If this is you then perhaps the 'Spectator' package is more for you.
Spectators will be allowed but on a first come basis. There is limited outside seating with ample spactator views of the street and some restricted viewing of the restauarant. You will of course be able to bring a carry out (no Bucky please, it IS of course the West End) and while you wait you could take in the view at Ducati Glasgow!

:D

Names please?

will the guests of said desmo diners be charged for the privilage of watching them eat? :dunno:
 
Almeria closed

Surely not, just been told that Alemeria is closed... apparently they got wind that 36 swines from Scotland are on their way :D:D
 
Almeria Update

I think Fergie has organised Gambrinos on the FRIDAY before we fly out, I'm up for that. But given Fergie didn't call as promised to book our Jerez one, then be prepared for a BIG MAC. I think the idea is to meet up around 8pm on the FRIDAY - so all Almeria contenders say now... or indeed anyone of course.

FLIGHT DETAILS - I'm on the Fly Globespan flight, it's an hour earlier than the Easy Joke one, so I think the idea is to go straight to the circuit and have a walk round...
 
Guys

I have Stuart and Gordon so far.

I need numbers proper to book a table.

Can those in the know ask those who are expecting me to tabulate via telepathy "aye or naw?"

Then I'll book it.

Names by Friday please?
 
Urgent

just finalising details for Almeria, here's a few things to remember:

1) Tracker, tell them you're moving the bike up to and including the 27th May

2) Trackcover.com for medical insurance, £35 for the 3 days as you're NOT covered by ANY travel insurance for motorsports - take a bad spill and you're paying all that hospital stuff yourself... ain't worth it.

3) European Health Card - as above, doesn't cover track - but covers MOST other things.

4) If you're flying easy jet remember and enter your passport details before you go... exactly why I have NO IDEA.
 
I'll answer for Scott if I may,

"Thank you for your kind offer, but I'd rather have the hairs on my @rse pulled out lengthways with hot pliars dipped in vinegar"....

Kind Regards
Scottch's P.A.
 
Back
Top Bottom