Almeria 18th - 20th May 2009

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
Sorry Ian, I won't be there - just too much on right now.

Have a good one though


oops jumped the gun, Scott already replied to this on a previous thread... being a good PA I knew this and duly retrieved same.
 
I am soryy, I need to do a Bannatyne on this one. Dinner that is.

I'm oot.

I am going to Milton Keynes on Thursday night and don't fly back until 9pm Friday, into Edinburgh.

So I cannot make it.

However, roll on Sunday morning!! :D
 
The PM sent a lot, fraudulent expense claims and so on, just like the rest of his cabinet...:finger:
 
Hi Honey We're Home

Just back, Team Scotland (36 of us at the last count) are back from Almeria. Absolutely no dramas or casualties.

As I said to Martin R, you guys are letting the best in life pass you by. This was (to quote Gordon), The best day in history of the Universe EVER !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The event was AWESOME, the track was AWESOME, 34 degrees in glorious sunshine was hard work but worth every second.

Thanks all the forum guys, Gordon, Scott, Martin, Fergie, Graham and the rest of Scotland, your roads must have been quiet this weekend. GREAT company and made a fantastic trip a SUPER FANTASTIC TRIP :D:D:D:D:D:D

Didn't get 200mph out the D16RR, got 174 (indicated), missed the braking point but old Brembo & Co got the speed down in time for the hairpin :eek::D i just couldn't get enough speed on the turn onto the back straight to slingshot the b@stard down before braking at my chicken point. Better safe than in the gravel. hate to say it but I've had the D16RR indicating higher !!!

JEREZ in September booking right NOW......
 
Just back, Team Scotland (36 of us at the last count) are back from Almeria. Absolutely no dramas or casualties.

As I said to Martin R, you guys are letting the best in life pass you by. This was (to quote Gordon), The best day in history of the Universe EVER !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The event was AWESOME, the track was AWESOME, 34 degrees in glorious sunshine was hard work but worth every second.

Thanks all the forum guys, Gordon, Scott, Martin, Fergie, Graham and the rest of Scotland, your roads must have been quiet this weekend. GREAT company and made a fantastic trip a SUPER FANTASTIC TRIP :D:D:D:D:D:D

Didn't get 200mph out the D16RR, got 174 (indicated), missed the braking point but old Brembo & Co got the speed down in time for the hairpin :eek::D i just couldn't get enough speed on the turn onto the back straight to slingshot the b@stard down before braking at my chicken point. Better safe than in the gravel. hate to say it but I've had the D16RR indicating higher !!!

JEREZ in September booking right NOW......

Did you get your lap times down this year????????????
 
Still here in Spain enjoying the weather, company and the scenery.

I must echo Stu's sentiments and it's still a great trip as it comes to a close for me too.

Team Scotland has been a fantastic crew and a few good friends have been made.

Almeria proved to be challenging but by day 2 it was a delight :D

Sadly, I can't make Jerez in September but it looks like Portimao could be on the cards next year ;)
 
Still here in Spain enjoying the weather, company and the scenery.

I must echo Stu's sentiments and it's still a great trip as it comes to a close for me too.

Team Scotland has been a fantastic crew and a few good friends have been made.

Almeria proved to be challenging but by day 2 it was a delight :D

Sadly, I can't make Jerez in September but it looks like Portimao could be on the cards next year ;)

Right then Scott. When no body is listening or looking. How fast did M.D. actually go?:D:D:D
 

Right then Scott. When no body is listening or looking. How fast did M.D. actually go?:D:D:D


174mph on the back straight and skidmarks to prove it, the track had skid marks too ;):D:D:D:D

Roll on September returning to our spirtual home, the mecca that is Jerez...
 
174mph on the back straight and skidmarks to prove it, the track had skid marks too ;):D:D:D:D

Roll on September returning to our spirtual home, the mecca that is Jerez...

realy pleased u lot had a good time ..im not in the slightest bit jealous that i missed probably one of the best days in years on my birthday too :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
 
Gordon summed it up.. the best time in the history of the universe EVER... You guys really need to get over there. Pictures tomorrow, haven't down loaded them yet. A few You Tube presentations to follow too, all I can say, they are AWESOME... but we'll not steal the thunder on that.
 
174mph on the back straight and skidmarks to prove it, the track had skid marks too ;):D:D:D:D

Roll on September returning to our spirtual home, the mecca that is Jerez...

Well done chap, sounds like you all had a ball :D :D Glad everyone made it safe and sound... Roll on September:D:D
 
Kenny, just sent Tony the e.mail - September is ON :D:D:D:D here we go again....
 
not sure on the D16RR speedo to be honest... 174mph indicated could mean a tad slower in real life... I was only in first gear right enough :D:D:D:D

I tried to go for an ego trip and recalibrate the speedo to read KPH but couldn't see how to do it... 300+ on the back straight, now that would be fun ;)

Piccies coming later, mega, mega busy at the moment so must "dash"
 
Back yesterday and glad to say all in one piece.
I think everyone had a great time and the weather made it even more enjoyable.
A HUGE Scottish contingent. in fact fair to say that if it was not for us the event would have been very quiet indeed!

So, in no particular order......thanks to........

Jenny, my friend and Manager of Enterprise Car Rental in Glasgow Airport for the free car parking :)

Tony and his team from Tracksense for great organisation and saving my trip when 'the photocopier' went tech :)

Globespan for lovely flights. A bit delayed on the return but otherwise a great airline :)

Michael Neeves and MCN for the spectacle of article creation. Michael and his snapper Ian were two lovely guys, great chat and very approachable. Got some great insights at dinner and some burning questions answered. Then to top it all they picked up the tab. Much appreciated guys :)

Cobby for the instruction on the R6. Techniques applied and a world of difference :)

Stuart from MPH and Martin DG for the techical help :)

My Mum for her sympathetic ear! :)

Rob the trucker for unloading so early :)

Ryan for his photography :)

Stuart and Gordon for the gaps in their pallets. Some bits off the Xerox that need re-assembling :);)

Andy for his chat and singing skills, although after missing the turn-off twice perhaps we need to play I-Spy next time :rolleyes:

And of course all the people in the pit lane who made it such good fun.

Roll on Jerez!!!!!
 
yep, that about covers it.... although I still think Gordon's statement is an abbreviated version... it was....

THE BEST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE
 
Back
Top Bottom