Winter hack suggestions

My brother is considering selling his Husky Nox... great as a winter hack... ideal for you, albeit you'll need four times as much money and it's kick start only.
Light weight and minimal electrics... doesn't even have an ignition key.
 
My brother is considering selling his Husky Nox... great as a winter hack... ideal for you, albeit you'll need four times as much money and it's kick start only.
Light weight and minimal electrics... doesn't even have an ignition key.
Thanks for the suggestion but not this year.
 
I`ve just collected the Futura and here it is in my van. A few scrapes and some bubbling around the tank caused by our marvellous fuel but that aside cosmetically it seems ok and hopefully mechanically too. I`ll find out soon enough when it goes for a service & MOT . The last owner has owned it since 2004 which is good and there is a fair amount of history. More pics and a review once I have it on the road .

1666965607284.webp
 
Looks lovely!
If it’s still there when you pick it up, would be interested to know the price of the Cosworth in the background.
The Cossie is still there and priced @ £9995. Registration J47WLS, reasonable condition cosmetically. Low mileage @ just under 54k. The car belongs to the owner of the garage and he`s had it over 20 years but only driven a few hundred miles in it. He was not there so I could not get as much info as I had hoped unfortunately. It was a bit blocked in so hard to get pictures but I took a few, let me know if you want them but if you are seriously interested in it you can probably get better ones if you call them.
 
I`ve just collected the Futura and here it is in my van. A few scrapes and some bubbling around the tank caused by our marvellous fuel but that aside cosmetically it seems ok and hopefully mechanically too. I`ll find out soon enough when it goes for a service & MOT . The last owner has owned it since 2004 which is good and there is a fair amount of history. More pics and a review once I have it on the road .

View attachment 63893
Congrats.
What make is your wheel chock, I'm thinking of one for the ST & pansexual - is it good for 300+ kgs?
 
The Cossie is still there and priced @ £9995. Registration J47WLS, reasonable condition cosmetically. Low mileage @ just under 54k. The car belongs to the owner of the garage and he`s had it over 20 years but only driven a few hundred miles in it. He was not there so I could not get as much info as I had hoped unfortunately. It was a bit blocked in so hard to get pictures but I took a few, let me know if you want them but if you are seriously interested in it you can probably get better ones if you call them.
Sounds cheap 😁
 
The Cossie is still there and priced @ £9995. Registration J47WLS, reasonable condition cosmetically. Low mileage @ just under 54k. The car belongs to the owner of the garage and he`s had it over 20 years but only driven a few hundred miles in it. He was not there so I could not get as much info as I had hoped unfortunately. It was a bit blocked in so hard to get pictures but I took a few, let me know if you want them but if you are seriously interested in it you can probably get better ones if you call them.
Thanks for taking the time to get the details!
 
I bolted mine to the bulkhead so when I use handle-bar straps the base can't slide left and right if you have a sudden change in direction (y)
 
@Barry Hell
Yep, that`s what it is. Make sure you have a decent ramp as the Pan-of-lard may buckle a cheapie . Parking aiming downhill when loading chubbas is good too, let gravity help.
Cheers, it's for the shed and mainly if I remove the front of the ST for valve checks but thought it would be useful for the pan too (y)
 
Why not ride one bike all year round? I don't know how many miles one would expect to get out of a bike but Multi won't owe me anything in a year or two.
I started when I moved from sports bikes with good weather protection as you crouch behind a screen to a monster. I like to ride all year and couldn't believe how much colder I was on a monster so I bought a cheap bike for the winter and sold it in the spring. I've just carried on doing that every year and find it very enjoyable. All the excitement of a new bike every October for less than the price of a Termi . I get to try lots of different bikes and sometimes am surprised by how good or bad something is. I don't think I've ever ridden an Aprilia so looking forward to the experience.
 
I started when I moved from sports bikes with good weather protection as you crouch behind a screen to a monster. I like to ride all year and couldn't believe how much colder I was on a monster so I bought a cheap bike for the winter and sold it in the spring. I've just carried on doing that every year and find it very enjoyable. All the excitement of a new bike every October for less than the price of a Termi . I get to try lots of different bikes and sometimes am surprised by how good or bad something is. I don't think I've ever ridden an Aprilia so looking forward to the experience.
I’ve had a Mille in the past, lovely engine.
I believe the Futura is just a slightly detuned Mille lump.
That’s a lot of bike for the money.
 
I finally managed to get out on the Futura yesterday, fully 3 weeks after getting it back from being serviced & MOT`d. A combination of work and family commitments along with torrential rain had got in the way.
The route I took was a little under 50 miles all on roads I know well so I could concentrate on getting to know the bike rather than worry about where to go. The roads were a little greasy and the last owner had put brand new tyres on just before I bought it so I was just taking it easy to bed the tyres in.
Anyway, first impressions , very comfortable saddle with lots of room to move around and excellent suspension so even the really crappy roads don`t seem to upset the bike at all . From a riders point of view it was as if the roads had magically been repaired by the council. The engine felt very smooth for a twin , nice even power delivery from low down but with a noticeable whoosh from about 5500rpm. I didn`t take it over 7000rpm so I cant say if there is a real top end rush or not. Everything worked well and was easy to use, even the back brake and mirrors. The only bad thing was the wind noise as the combination of my riding position and the screen seemed to make sure all the noise was concentrated above my visor.
I have a fairing extender on another bike so I`ll try that next time to see if it helps.
The ST range must have been the natural competitor for this bike , I`ve had an ST2 & ST3 and IMO both give more feedback and are more sporty to ride than the Futura . The Futura is definitely quicker than both and probably a lot more comfy to be on for long periods though. I also suspect it would be way better two up with much less bashing of helmets ( ooh er missus) as the engine is so much smoother. The panniers are better too.
Based on the ride it doesn`t seem to have the elusive soul that my Monster or Moto Guzzi have but it may just need more time in the saddle getting to know it . I guess I`ll find out between now & May when it will either have wormed its way under my skin or I`ll sell it. Either way I`m very happy to use it through the winter as the fairing does a great job of deflecting wind from your body and hands, I wasn`t even a teeny bit cold when I got home although I was wearing RST Paragon heated gloves which are brilliant and available from the Gaylord Shopping Chanel.
Don`t google Gaylord whatever you do , who knows what you`ll come across.
All in all pretty good for a 20 year old bike that cost hardly anything and I even quite like how it looks.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20221204_142234859.webp
    PXL_20221204_142234859.webp
    181.8 KB · Views: 278
  • PXL_20221204_142220490.webp
    PXL_20221204_142220490.webp
    209.7 KB · Views: 289
  • PXL_20221204_142213059.webp
    PXL_20221204_142213059.webp
    218.6 KB · Views: 291
  • PXL_20221204_142205442.webp
    PXL_20221204_142205442.webp
    213.1 KB · Views: 300
  • PXL_20221204_142153927.webp
    PXL_20221204_142153927.webp
    235.6 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
You've had it for a while now, have you managed anymore riding time?
A little more but not much which I'm sorry to say is down to the bike which is best described as disappointingly disappointing.
It's extremely capable and comfortable but just no fun to ride at all so rather than look for reasons to ride it I find reasons not to.
Unless of course anyone reading this wants to buy it in which case it is bursting with Italian charm and has all the character you would expect of a v twin.
 
Back
Top Bottom