Wife wants a new Vacuum Cleaner

Got one of these AC recommended refurb units for £45 for the garage for dust and incase any crawlers get in - it’s like new and a bargain. Not too powerful but good enough 😊👍

91FE1D60-E720-4C2F-8D20-C9E2DF2A6D49.webp
 
So, going back to this stimulating topic, the corded Shark I bought 5 years ago, now has a broken undercarriage and is destined for the scrap-heap.

As Elsie grows older daily, I'm thinking that a cordless vacuum cleaner one would be considerably lighter and mobile, and as I treated myself to a watch last week, perhaps I should treat Elsie to one. - (she got a new watch in March for her birthday)

Reviews praise both Sharks and Dysons.

What do you reckon lads (those who have experience of house cleaning) ???
 
So, going back to this stimulating topic, the corded Shark I bought 5 years ago, now has a broken undercarriage and is destined for the scrap-heap.

As Elsie grows older daily, I'm thinking that a cordless vacuum cleaner one would be considerably lighter and mobile, and as I treated myself to a watch last week, perhaps I should treat Elsie to one. - (she got a new watch in March for her birthday)

Reviews praise both Sharks and Dysons.

What do you reckon lads (those who have experience of house cleaning) ???
I’ve had both and I’m still using the shark now after a good few years.
The Dyson is more powerful but the Shark came with two batteries which was useful.
Both need regular stripping and cleaning to keep them working at their optimum.
If I had to replace the current Shark I’d probably go Dyson again.
 
We had a Vax cordless which was nice and light but the bottom end packed in (which is apparently common) and had to be stripped almost every time to clear hair - replaced with a Dyson (at very good discounted price) and it's better all round but harder to push over pile carpets
 
I have a Henry, does the job but it can be a fucking pain in the arse with it being corded!! I'm going to use it till it stops working and i like Shark vacuums, i bought one for my stolen flat that was cordless.:)

funny-scared.webp
 
So, going back to this stimulating topic, the corded Shark I bought 5 years ago, now has a broken undercarriage and is destined for the scrap-heap.

As Elsie grows older daily, I'm thinking that a cordless vacuum cleaner one would be considerably lighter and mobile, and as I treated myself to a watch last week, perhaps I should treat Elsie to one. - (she got a new watch in March for her birthday)

Reviews praise both Sharks and Dysons.

What do you reckon lads (those who have experience of house cleaning) ???
I'll ask the cleaner, but she's normally left for the day when. I get back home.
 
Cordless well They’re more mobile but certainly not light if you have a large area

You can’t go wrong with a Miele - they last forever

Saw the Miele cordless ones at their Abingdon showroom - small dust collection ‘bag’ but well built. The corded ones with big round wheels very easy to manoeuvre CX1 & now they also do a jazzy wet & dry cordless to.

Outlet always worth a punt and free delivery & you can return if you don’t like it https://www.miele.co.uk/c/miele-outlet-abingdon-1409.htm
 
Has anyone tried those Gtech cordless's


Yes I’ve had one about 8 years. It’s great, only thing is it needs emptying a lot.
If you want light and powerful I can recommend them.
 
Henry's - i speak from experience....my first job 30 years ago was repairing domestic appliances....repaired hundreds of hoovers....worst....vax's (the round orange ones) back then, the best - Henry's [i repaired less than 5 in the 4 years i did the job]- simplicity is best....its a switch and a motor....plus theyre not made of thermoset plastic (the snappy plastic) - weve had 2 henry's in 30 years (and the first one is repaired - needed a new motor) and is under the stairs as a spare (ive no idea why as the 2nd one is still working fine) - theyve gone down stairs, fallen off of scaffolding, been hit by our car and they still work. Cant be beaten.
 
Actually i remember how i got the second one now.....my wife boss has used his to hoover up some engine oil [and it actually did it before it blew] as was going to throw it away....he gave it to us, stripped it down, cleaned it out, bought a motor and its was as good as new. They will hoover up anything that fits down the tube...we used it to hoover out all the debris when we had the roof off of our house....which is when it rolled off the scaffolding! (then sprung into pieces) - just put it all back together..:)
 
Actually i remember how i got the second one now.....my wife boss has used his to hoover up some engine oil [and it actually did it before it blew] as was going to throw it away....he gave it to us, stripped it down, cleaned it out, bought a motor and its was as good as new. They will hoover up anything that fits down the tube...we used it to hoover out all the debris when we had the roof off of our house....which is when it rolled off the scaffolding! (then sprung into pieces) - just put it all back together..:)
I use our old Henry for the cars - rain, pah 🤣
 
Well Guys n' Gals after all your valuable advice, it came down to a choice of potentially four.

Miele - good reviews but in another price bracket
G- Tech - good reviews but looks pretty basic with regards to accessories
Dyson V15 Detect- on the shortlist if one appeared at a good price
Shark Stratos Pet - comes with 2 batteries

Anyway, one (Shark) just came up on Flea-bay with 12 month warranty and a it's a catalogue return after being used once (eek !!).
RRP £250, but seller accepted £100 and free postage

1779286921655.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom