What have you done on your bike today?

I use my bikes, unlike some (this one 15 years ago 👀) - in fact I was going to change the wheels back to standard but thought of you taking 5 years and counting to change your wheels so now I'm not so sure 🤔 we could have a race :)
Bear mind though that Cat manufactures (or arranges such) his own parts for the build whereas you bought all your components off-the-shelf and spent ages assembling them.

Completely different processes!
 
I use my bikes, unlike some (this one 15 years ago 👀) - in fact I was going to change the wheels back to standard but thought of you taking 5 years and counting to change your wheels so now I'm not so sure 🤔 we could have a race :)
I'll change the wheels for you, it normally only takes me 10 - 15 minutes ......................... using the "Exi Elapsed Time Scale" chart !! :ROFLMAO:
 
I'll change the wheels for you, it normally only takes me 10 - 15 minutes ......................... using the "Exi Elapsed Time Scale" chart !! :ROFLMAO:
I do actual work in real minutes unlike some wheel swapperoverus 👀 5 years is a bit sloppy of you but I’m sure you’ll have it done soon 🤪
 
Bear mind though that Cat manufactures (or arranges such) his own parts for the build whereas you bought all your components off-the-shelf and spent ages assembling them.

Completely different processes!
I design and make all mine right first time - he designs them wrong / makes an SLA through lack of confidence - rinses and repeats a few times and never finishes anything 🤷‍♂️
 
I design and make all mine right first time - he designs them wrong / makes an SLA through lack of confidence - rinses and repeats a few times and never finishes anything 🤷‍♂️
Really? Awesome! How long did it take you to design and manufacture the parts? Did you get anyone to help?

This would make a fascinating thread, if you'd like to share the details and some build pics.
 
Took my Magnesium Wheels off - I needed the disc bolts off the front to put my standard discs on the original wheels so I can fit and balance my new tyres when they arrive - ordered yesterday from Demon Tweeks with a 1 to 2 day delivery but haven’t had a notification yet of their impending arrival 👀


IMG_8638.webp



Always strap your bike to the lift - don’t be lazy 🤔 I usually put one on the rear stand too but was too lazy 🤷‍♂️
 
Massive modifications to the sons bike tonight.. I ordered a Leo vince pipe from a French site specialising in Honda CBs of every size so it got here unbelievably quick so when he arrived in from college it was grafted onto his dirty bike to produce a big smiley head on him 😂 this bike building malarkey is piss easy 👀👀👀 and yes it is too loud for all you old lads 😂
IMG-20260414-WA0003.webp
 
Massive modifications to the sons bike tonight.. I ordered a Leo vince pipe from a French site specialising in Honda CBs of every size so it got here unbelievably quick so when he arrived in from college it was grafted onto his dirty bike to produce a big smiley head on him 😂 this bike building malarkey is piss easy 👀👀👀 and yes it is too loud for all you old lads 😂View attachment 161303
Tonight? I bet you've been struggling to fit it for 2 years and just finished tonight so finally posted it 👀 good job :)(y)
 
Massive modifications to the sons bike tonight.. I ordered a Leo vince pipe from a French site specialising in Honda CBs of every size so it got here unbelievably quick so when he arrived in from college it was grafted onto his dirty bike to produce a big smiley head on him 😂 this bike building malarkey is piss easy 👀👀👀 and yes it is too loud for all you old lads 😂View attachment 161303
Pardon 🔊😬
 
Changed the fuel filter on the Daytona today, amongst other jobs !!
Last time I did it was 21JUL2017 ! In fairness though the inside of the tank was clean & the hoses, etc looked to be in good condition. The tank isn't going to get rusty though considering it's plastic.
The downside of plastic is it tends to expand/shrink/move if not held in place for any length of time, hence the screwed bar currently holding the two mounting forks in place !! :ROFLMAO: I had a right job last time it was off when I came to refit it !!
CE4B57F0-FB8F-4486-9C6B-036BC70D62AA.webp


6861BDEF-0F3A-4624-BB41-EB3A835C9F02_1_201_a.webp


45B32EC7-6A0D-487E-A0D7-1F9364AD8EB2.webp
 
Fitted a new fuel filter on the 998 today and a new o-ring, didn’t take all day - about 2 minutes and it was done 😇

I might fit some of my lovely fuel connectors tomorrow instead of leaving the old plastic ones on there…

Genuine Mahle filter was only £12.95 delivered from a BMW specialist, I think Ducati charge over £40 🤔



IMG_8666.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom