What have you done on your bike today?

The GOAT

Administrator
Staff member
Further to some comments in other threads I’ve created this thread for people to post about ANYTHING you may have done on, or to, your bike today.

Been out for a ride? Fitted new tyres? Just gave it a clean? As we come out of winter and Lockdown share with others what you’ve been up to with your bike here.

Plugged the battery charger in the other day now the extension cable isn't used for the dog's heater 🤣

Slightly bike related, summer of 2019, I did some work for a mate of a mate of a mate, an 80's 'murican imported Honda Shadow, been sat under a tarp in a garden for a few years, so I got it running, cleaned and polished as best I could with the limited funds he had, anyhoo when done he was extremely pleased. He gave me a small amount of cash and the balance would be in the form of a pedestal polisher, fantastic! Now nearly two years on still no polisher and no sign of our buddy, until this morning. I bumped into him at a motor factors. Turns out the polisher was never his, was his brothers that he'd been storing in his shed. Oh dear I thought, I was not a happy chap and made it know to him and the surrounding area I was not happy, he became a little sheepish and offered to pay for the service parts for my son's Astra which was only 45 quid or so, I accepted and we parted ways.
I still wish it was the polisher tho!

Haha, must be a pampered pooch, a warm blooded mammal wearing a furry coat and requires heating, next winter can I come round your gaff? 😛
My wife insists he feels the cold so I put a heater in his shed set at frost control (maybe 4 degC) overnight, he's not paying the bill so doesn't care 😁 there's even a radio in there to amuse him when he's not barking at the cows in the field next to his shed 🤣

Slightly bike related, summer of 2019, I did some work for a mate of a mate of a mate, an 80's 'murican imported Honda Shadow, been sat under a tarp in a garden for a few years, so I got it running, cleaned and polished as best I could with the limited funds he had, anyhoo when done he was extremely pleased. He gave me a small amount of cash and the balance would be in the form of a pedestal polisher, fantastic! Now nearly two years on still no polisher and no sign of our buddy, until this morning. I bumped into him at a motor factors. Turns out the polisher was never his, was his brothers that he'd been storing in his shed. Oh dear I thought, I was not a happy chap and made it know to him and the surrounding area I was not happy, he became a little sheepish and offered to pay for the service parts for my son's Astra which was only 45 quid or so, I accepted and we parted ways.
I still wish it was the polisher tho!
Cheeky git, should have got a recon engine out of him 😜😂

My wife insists he feels the cold so I put a heater in his shed set at frost control (maybe 4 degC) overnight, he's not paying the bill so doesn't care 😁 there's even a radio in there to amuse him when he's not barking at the cows in the field next to his shed 🤣
Lol that sounds like pleasant accommodation to me chief, you taking bookings?

Thats nearly maybe hipsterish? 👀

I bought them a tool trolley to keep them company :ROFLMAO:

Walked past and gave them both the old "wait till I get my hands on you!" this morning.

Bought a new tool chest 👍

🤫 Halfords 😮
They don't sell anything in the size I want - 56".
SGS do, but have no stock.
I spent most of the day on this and tomorrow will make a few purchases. Just wanted to ruminant over night.
A 90" Stainless Steel tool chest bench with back board and overhead storage, either Black or Stainless finish.
Probably a 56" rolling tool chest 20 drawers. US Pro looks good.
I quite like the boxy Beta boxes.

Oh and some Snap On badges... a bit like wheel decals...

I've fitted those battery/starter cables I bought off that shifty f***** in York, they seem to be very good.

Gave it a wash and polish, good once over and pumped the tyres up, went out to blow the cobwebs away and get fresh fuel, put the Motorex stuff in, put it back on it's stands and covered it up until next time.

Only managed to do 500 mile last year due to the snotty nose lockdown and moving house, hopefully this year will be better. I've come to an agreement with the bike that I don't need a passport to throw a leg over it.

Back