Weather for this Weekend - MMMMM

rockjock620

New member
Wondering if we need a contingency plan for Sunday. I have been looking carefully at the forecasts and I can't really tell what it's going to do. A best guess might be warmer, but therefore wet, possibly. A worst guess might be more of this s**t. Speaking to Charlie in Leeds today and he wasn't sure what to do either.

When do you think we should make the call? And if we have to postpone it, when is a good alternate date?
 
just noticed my number of posts now reads almost like my bike spec - but not anymore, after this one. Sad or what? God I'm bored!
 
Hopefully the weathers gonna be fine.... If not and the snows still here I'm away snowboarding
 
Guys,

I'm not doing MMMMM anyways, so far be it for me to interject.

But, the met office do a 5 day forecast that rolls forward each day. Being the good old met office means that this is what the various authorites use for planning gritter activities, albeit in much more detail.

There may well be no snow on the ground, but for those of you who may be leaving early, I think there may still be a good chance of frost/ice.

Bearing that in mind, I would think it would be wise of you to take a look on Wednesday to see what they've forecasted for the weekend and take a decision then.

It would be fair to say it's gunna be feckin cold and wet at best!

Be careful out there - and stay safe!
 
Bastid, just gone flat on me back outside the front door, very damp suit now bugger, perhaps leather soled boots were not the best choice !

Nearly an inch of what can only be described as frogspawn outside, temp dropping quick aswell, oh well nothing broken, I wasn't fast enough to get me hand out and save the fall, probably a good job, that would have done a wrist :eek:
 
Weather over here decidedly iffy! Maybe we can do something a bit more local, just to meet. What do you think?
 
the weekends weather is this
3.gif


looking good.

/ian
 
Last edited:
Mac, if the conditions are not good enough for the whole ride, then I can't see any value even in a local ride. May as well stay tucked up safe and warm. I think so long as we can reasonably say the snow and ice have gone, then a bit of rain will be OK. Perhaps, maybe, hopefully? I'm going a little stir crazy like everyone else. Let's see nearer the day anyway.
 
It's way too early to rely on the Sunday forecast. Let's make a decision on Saturday afternoon..?. If the roads are no good for biking but OK for cars there's always the option of a day's hillwalking, if anyone is interested.
 
hillwalking is one of my favourite past times, ive got about 50 munroes under my belt, once my knees better ill be chasing the sun over the highlands again.

/ian
 
In't the whole point of the internet that we can use it to make decisions late in the day and communicate that to everyone quickly? :D :D

leave it till friday/Saturday if we have to cancel we will.
 
It's suggested that Sunday may be circa 7 degrees, overcast, with some (20%) chance of rain and that Saturday night may be above freezing, but only just. Could yet be Ok for the ride. Feeling more encouraged already.
 
rockjock620 said:
It's suggested that Sunday may be circa 7 degrees, overcast, with some (20%) chance of rain and that Saturday night may be above freezing, but only just. Could yet be Ok for the ride. Feeling more encouraged already.

Provided its above freezing I'm out even if its only for a short blast. 2 weeks away and I need to do something , been looking forward to this one for a while.
 
:ohwell: :sorry:

Zero chance of making this now, down from slim chance, wrecked a calf muscle skiing.
It's keeping the bastids at work amused tho' seeing me hobble about,

Ray
 
rockjock620 said:
Short blast my a**e! Ok for you, it's just up the f***ing road! Still I will be there if you will be there!

i'll be out for longer, heated grips on full, handguards as well no problems :)
 
Optimism? Now it looks like it will be alright-ish. 8c, NE wind 17mph, cloudy, poss rain, above zero Sat night, worse in the east.
 
Back
Top Bottom