Storm Eowyn/Owen/Eoghan etc

Gimlet

Elite Member
Subscriber
Or winter as it used to be called.

How's it going where you are?

We've had a spot of rain and the breeze has picked up. And now we have a partial power outage - though this is probably Miliband's fault.
The lap top charger and telly are still working, though the surround-sound bar has gone off, but the lights have gone out.

A GBNews viewer in Cumbria messaged to say that a slate has come off his roof and another one is rattling. 🫣
 
Bit windy here in Stokenchurch but nothing to be concerned about. I just get on with it as I’m not a Gaylord like someone we know…..
IMG_3751.gif
 
Bit blowy at London's Heathrow .... nothing of note.
 
Just spoke with the mother in law over on the west of Ireland. It seems they are mid storm, no damage on the farm as yet however the electricity has gone. Which isn’t a good prospect when you’re a dairy farmer.
 
My leccy is still partially out. I'm glad I have a log burner, a stove-top kettle and an full LPG cooker run off an external tank.

If I had one of Mili-sillybilly's useless heat pumps and was fully dependent on his Chinese renewables I'd be fecked.
I imagine all the wind turbines round here will be stationary because the wind is too strong for monkey metal.
 
We're about a mile inland - it's pretty windy - strong smell of the sea in the air. Being in the middle of town we don't feel the worst of it here.

My bro is on a hill in Arnside aqnd said gusts are over 70mph.
 
My leccy is still partially out. I'm glad I have a log burner, a stove-top kettle and an full LPG cooker run off an external tank.

If I had one of Mili-sillybilly's useless heat pumps and was fully dependent on his Chinese renewables I'd be fecked.
I imagine all the wind turbines round here will be stationary because the wind is too strong for monkey metal.
What kettle do you have Jim?
 
What kettle do you have Jim?

Good size 3 litre.

In the winter when the log burner's going and the kettle is always simmering on top, I fill all my flasks before going to bed and tip them back into the leccy kettle in the morning to save power.
Just doing my bit to try and avoid a Mili-blackout.
 
Back
Top Bottom