RTL 07 + Mad March Meet

Gizmo

Forum Geek
I've been thinking about the date for RTL next year. With WDW being at the end of June I'd think a few of us might be heading down to it. Typically RTL has been held mid/late June so it'll make it difficult for the organization ( more time off if I go to WDW), be at a time when most of us will be skint or sick of riding our bikes after WDW :D so I need to consider what he best date would be. ideally it needs to be at least 3/4 weeks either side of WDW minimum but that would mean late May with a risk of colder weather or into July and school hols in the Lakes :doh: I then need to check availability of the hotel.

So, would having RTL close to WDW say the weekend of 14/15 July ( no clashes with provisional DD dates) make a difference to whether you attended or not? or would you prefer it further away from WDW, I'm aware the 14/15 clashes withe VMCC festival. Comments please....

Provisional date for the season opening Mad March Hartside meet is Sunday 18th March, have your snow chains ready :)
 
Gizmo said:
I've been thinking about the date for RTL next year. With WDW being at the end of June I'd think a few of us might be heading down to it. Typically RTL has been held mid/late June so it'll make it difficult for the organization ( more time off if I go to WDW), be at a time when most of us will be skint or sick of riding our bikes after WDW :D so I need to consider what he best date would be. ideally it needs to be at least 3/4 weeks either side of WDW minimum but that would mean late May with a risk of colder weather or into July and school hols in the Lakes :doh: I then need to check availability of the hotel.

So, would having RTL close to WDW say the weekend of 14/15 July ( no clashes with provisional DD dates) make a difference to whether you attended or not? or would you prefer it further away from WDW, I'm aware the 14/15 clashes withe VMCC festival. Comments please....

Provisional date for the season opening Mad March Hartside meet is Sunday 18th March, have your snow chains ready :)

I have not looked at whats what yet, obviously I would love to be a part of it but have commited to DD and may not have a road bike, although I am sure one of our fantastic Northern dealers will have a demo available ;) will have a neb at dates in the next couple of days, as I have to first collate 'em into one place !
 
July suits me far better than June, our kids are on holiday then anyway, and my work is normally very busy elsewhere which free's me up (until mid-august) ;)

VMCC has no impact on my preference whatsoever, though I appreciate it may affect others significantly.

But, then again, I think it would be fair to say that I'm not expecting to have a bike by that date :dunno: That being the case, feel free to completely disregard any @@@@ I may have slavered :D
 
Look forward very much to 07, theres gonna be so much happening in the year to come, lots to look forward to. im easy as far as dates go.

/ian
 
14/15th july is usually about the time of the bmf meet at kelso but i dont know how much that would affect folk for rtl. bsb at knockhill was about that time this year too. might need looked at
 
Sounds good to me, just before the summer holidays isn't it? And not that we've had bad weather the last two years but July should be more of a cert surely?
 
gonna try and make this one...July best as dont think a 300+ mile journey just to get there is appealing in cold/wet weather!!
 
Anytime for me! When do you think the dates will be decided? Sooner the better really as it allows folk to organise holidays etc around RTL. Am looking forward to it already!
 
Wouldn't personally organise things around RTL but I will be there whenever it is, if at all possible. Who will ever be sick of riding bikes?
 
Its going to clash with another event no matter what i do July would seem to be the best time but if its late we hit the summer school holidays traffic/hotel/campsite problem :(
 
Gizmo said:
I've been thinking about the date for RTL next year. With WDW being at the end of June I'd think a few of us might be heading down to it. Typically RTL has been held mid/late June so it'll make it difficult for the organization ( more time off if I go to WDW), be at a time when most of us will be skint or sick of riding our bikes after WDW :D so I need to consider what he best date would be. ideally it needs to be at least 3/4 weeks either side of WDW minimum but that would mean late May with a risk of colder weather or into July and school hols in the Lakes :doh: I then need to check availability of the hotel.

So, would having RTL close to WDW say the weekend of 14/15 July ( no clashes with provisional DD dates) make a difference to whether you attended or not? or would you prefer it further away from WDW, I'm aware the 14/15 clashes withe VMCC festival. Comments please....

Provisional date for the season opening Mad March Hartside meet is Sunday 18th March, have your snow chains ready :)

Mike, either way I will help out as much as I can, will try and bob by when you get back from foreign shores to discuss, regardless of date I can help out putting signs out and various things like that, not sure when Oulton Park is but may be an idea for the Sunday, I will gather as many passes as possible, there may be 3-4 DuN members playing out that day ;) I will be taking the Monday after Oulton off so can van a bike or 2 halfway back to Scotchland !
 
dseered said:
Mike, either way I will help out as much as I can, will try and bob by when you get back from foreign shores to discuss, regardless of date I can help out putting signs out and various things like that, not sure when Oulton Park is but may be an idea for the Sunday, I will gather as many passes as possible, there may be 3-4 DuN members playing out that day ;) I will be taking the Monday after Oulton off so can van a bike or 2 halfway back to Scotchland !

I'm sure Skids put dates up (provisional) on the DSC this Oulton is the week before from memory but I could be wrong
 
hiya mike, yeh,those july dates seem spot on.as you say,there is pretty much always something happening in the summer months,so it's just a case of choosing which one is going to be the least important date.but which one we ask... I :dunno:
 
RTL in July sounds fine to me, although I don't know what BSB dates, etc it'll clash with. As you say, it's bound to clash with something !.

Just a suggestion, but in addition to those two events (Hartside in March and RTL in July) how about pencilling in a Hizzy Run (Borders) in May and The Midgie Masher (Highlands) in August ?. Maybe we should have a meet in the NE or N Yorks too (anyone volunteering to organise one ?). That would spread a few UpNorth events across the season and the UpNorth territory, in addition to all the local meets, socials, etc that can be done at short notice.
 
borderduc said:
RTL in July sounds fine to me, although I don't know what BSB dates, etc it'll clash with. As you say, it's bound to clash with something !.

Just a suggestion, but in addition to those two events (Hartside in March and RTL in July) how about pencilling in a Hizzy Run (Borders) in May and The Midgie Masher (Highlands) in August ?. Maybe we should have a meet in the NE or N Yorks too (anyone volunteering to organise one ?). That would spread a few UpNorth events across the season and the UpNorth territory, in addition to all the local meets, socials, etc that can be done at short notice.
David, you know I couldn't refuse! Sure I'll do the NE/NY ride, all we need to do is tie it in with everything else. Suggestions, anyone, for dates? September could be good.
 
Thought you might pick up on this, Pete !. If you plan for September how about tying it in with Scarborough Gold Cup weekend, unless you feel it might be getting a bit late in the year ?. Dalesman's Dash II - we could get KDM to do a flying display again..(ouch !)
 
September is not too late at all - look at the Hartside October Shagfest just gone! Gold Cup Weekend will be good, but we'll avoid Scarborough - plod will be doing overtime, and there are many other places to go. It's a big place you know. :) Even if it is third world.
 
The Rumble next year will be the week end of July 21st 22nd in Cartmel,
if you had it on the same week end we could meet up.
 
Martyn748 said:
The Rumble next year will be the week end of July 21st 22nd in Cartmel,
if you had it on the same week end we could meet up.

To be honest Martyn - if that was the case it will be worth looking into making it one event, I will meet up with Mike & Linzi in the near future and see what happens with regards to dates, I am gonna pull my weight a bit more this year !

I may be bikeless at the event though so will be van back up !

That is unless a nice dealer would like to lend me a tenninetyeight (in White) for the weekend !
 
No probs, I have booked the Cavendish and have bookings but I can sort something out and yes if we did it together it is one lot of energy for the one event, if I can't manage to get a demo then I have two of my own and you can use one of them ;) ;) :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:
 
So did anyone agree on a date for RTL07 then?

Camping / hotel / B&B?
Hotel / B&B / camping?
B&B / camping / hotel?

Decisions, decisions

I'll think about it tomorrow ......
 
i need to decide on a date Jan but more importantly whether i'll have time to organise it :(

I'd considered the 14/15 July but it clashes with the VMCC Festival and I've been asked to take the Monty as we're trying to get an original grid of 30 bikes together plus 14/15 is very close to the DOC northern Rumble so there would be too big northern events in subsequent weeks. We'd considered bringing the events together but Cartmell is too far south for me to do any organisation :(

We need to avoid WDW and the week before and after as people travel to that, there is a 888 meet 8/9 June which was the weekend we used this year and i know a few of the 06 RTL attendees would have to make a difficult choice. It can't be any later than end of July for me as i head into a busy period at work preparing for the autumn trade shows and trying to get a brochure together so available dates are getting fewer and fewer :( I don't even know what dates the hotel has free.

we could use the same weekend as WDW as an alternative to it :)
 
Mikey will speak at some point this week with you, I am all singing and dancing this year and will do as much as possible to make up for my organisational absence last year - 8th/9th June is out for me as I will be racing at Assen :eek:
 
Sounds reasonable Mike. WDW will have how many people attending from here? Possibly no more than a handful, therefore RTL might not suffer too badly. Just a thought. Are we meeting next Tuesday at Whoop Hall?
 
Back
Top Bottom