New Lid for me !

dseered

New member
Just spoke to the House Insurance people and it seems I'm covered, so I am looking for a nice lid £350-£400 :D

I like AGV and mine fits very well but will maybe have a look into Arai, whats the craic, typical I have no magazines lying around so a bit of net surfing needed would like to know what others think of the various helmets in this price range ?
 
If you're lucky and do some hunting you might find an RX7 Corsair on-line for that (normally 450 off the shelf), I don't trust anything else some may say they're noisy etc but they fit my head and I'd like to think my bonce is worth more than that.

Now if I was Davie.... :D
 
Brainbucket

Dude,

Have a look at Shoei, the Raid and XR1000 are both v/good.

I had a bit of an off when using an XR800 and cannot reccomment them highly enough (the wall won the contest on that occasion sadly! but my head was intact)

Happy hunting

Al (of the wee variety)
 
Ian,

I'd echo what Jon's already said - I've been unfortunate enough to test RX7's two times.

It may be bald, missing teeth, not pretty and full of @@@@ - but my napper is otherwise intact :D

If you go down the Shoei route - try Gordon from here :thumbs:

If you're looking for a Ducati lid - try Harry :thumbs:

Good luck!
 
Not after a Ducati one I will go with the best fit aswell, so not really bothered about designs etc, spending so much money I just wanted to hear the good bits, I don't think there will be a duffer at that amount of cash so I guess its down to fit !
 
what sort of head!!!!!

dseered said:
Not after a Ducati one I will go with the best fit aswell, so not really bothered about designs etc, spending so much money I just wanted to hear the good bits, I don't think there will be a duffer at that amount of cash so I guess its down to fit !
this is where you find out if youve got an arai head or a shoei head,you usually find somebody who fits nicely in one wont fit in the other and with you already being an agv man my money is on you fitting the shoei better.but try a couple to find out whats best it may be worth trying vemar if you see one had the rep in the otherday and i was surprised at how good they were:comp2:
 
I like my Schuberth, nice fit all round, very quiet, light, vents that work, anti-mist treated visor, "town setting" on visor (very small gap), sunblind, D ring buckles, worth a try, the standard one is £350 I believe, carbon one £700!
 
Have always had Arais Rx7s Quantums etc. My head would never fit in a Shoei till recently. Borrowed a mates Shoei X spirit a year or so ago and it fit perfect. A black one is going to be my next lid, very comfy and quiet and well finished compared to Shoeis from a few years ago. I dont like wearing earplugs so a quieter lid is the way to go for me. A mixture of playing loud guitar in a loud band and riding bikes is taking its toll on my hearing.
 
You can get them for £335 with a free second helmet although I dont know what make/model that may be. Ian its always handy to have a second helmet to take impressionable 'ladies' out for a spin!

View attachment 163


Forgot to mention its noticeably the lightest helmet I have ever tried.
 
Many thanks to Geoff at Hein Gericke in Carlisle, I will big them up in another thread, anyway I now have in my possesion one of these......

d_332.jpg


Also bought an EDZ undersuit while I was in there !
 
MartinH said:
You can get them for £335 with a free second helmet although I dont know what make/model that may be. Ian its always handy to have a second helmet to take impressionable 'ladies' out for a spin!

View attachment 163


Forgot to mention its noticeably the lightest helmet I have ever tried.
You referring to me by any chance? I didn't even meet the guy yet!
 
Nimue said:
You referring to me by any chance? I didn't even meet the guy yet!

No not you specifically! But I have heard Ians chat up lines in the coffee shop a few weeks back. Its only a matter of time before he ensnares some young lady. ;)
 
MartinH said:
You can get them for £335 with a free second helmet although I dont know what make/model that may be. Ian its always handy to have a second helmet to take impressionable 'ladies' out for a spin!

View attachment 163


Forgot to mention its noticeably the lightest helmet I have ever tried.

I liked the Xspirit I had last year pre it being destroyed when i crashed, couldn't get the Rainey design I wanted at the time so bought a Raid 2 which was Ok, bit heavier than the X spirit and not quite as comfy. M and S in Newcastle ordered me a Rainey rep even though I wasn't 100% certain i'd take it having never seen one in the flesh and as i wear a small its hardly likely to be a big seller so big up to them for that. Anyway it came in last week after 5 months of waiting, picked it up Friday and wore it all weekend, it is one of the lightest, most comfy lids and the new design is even better in real life than the piccies, i'm well pleased with it :)
 
MartinH said:
No not you specifically! But I have heard Ians chat up lines in the coffee shop a few weeks back. Its only a matter of time before he ensnares some young lady. ;)


She did have gorgeous eyes though, I just engaged mouth before brain and you heard me telling her !
 
yea, excellent helmet ian ! ive got 1 as well, when i read the testing that arai done on there helmets, there was only 1 helmet for me.


/ian
 
Scottch said:
Have to agree with you there Mikey - that is a damned good lookin' lid!

Yup very, nice i love the candy red and pearl white bits on it, I'm still waiting for them to do a red/white Beattie rep, that's my all time favourite design though. Favourite Arai was the italian tricolore Drudi Cadalora, bought one, used it for 1 trip to France then realised I have a Shoei shaped head not an Arai and even though I wanted the paint scheme it wasn't worth the discomfort :(
 
Never tried a Shoei Mikey - mostly owned Arai's (with a couple of Ducati Suomy's flung in).

Currently got a Ducati Arai Rx7 corsair fingy (my 2nd one) and I love it :thumbs:
 
One day I will get a lid painted up like my dead mates lid, Gus Scott, it was fantastic !

Can't find at pic though for some reason ?
 
new lid

I'm on my 4th arai,never had a problem,but i've heard rumours of side pods coming off on one model.can't remember which one tho' ,it was one of arai's cheaper models
 
Have you thought of a lid with one of those bags they give you on planes - although it would have to be q/d with respect to the 'chat up lines'

Hope it all went ok today.

Cheers. Mac.
 
MAC said:
Have you thought of a lid with one of those bags they give you on planes - although it would have to be q/d with respect to the 'chat up lines'

Hope it all went ok today.

Cheers. Mac.

Cheers Mac, all went fine today, as soon as I gave them the forms from MM I was straight in, so not in for long really, she hit the vein first time so no dramas there, had to do one of the x-rays a couple of times, couldn't get it all on one sheet !

Will have to wait and see !

As for my chat up lines :cool:
 
To be honest that's the only downside to Arai's is the visor changing system, on 2 out of the 3 Arai's I have had so far the side pod tabs crack from constantly changing the visor, could be the way I'm doing it, but I know I'm not the only one who's had this issue
 
Have to say I am very impressed with the Arai's build, it also seems very well thought out as far as air vents are concerned, just had the visor out to put the pinlock sysytem on and found it very easy, bit of a pig to put back in but I am sure it will come with time.

Just waiting for my dark visor coming in the morning and a sunny day to try it out :cool:
It just seems a very class bit of kit, there again it should for £400 !
 
Back
Top Bottom