Inverness

Sorry folks, I'm not gonna make it to this one.

My bike's off the road now until I'm finished with my training. Should be out and about, lookin the dug's bits some time in June.

Have fun in the mean time, and ride safe!

i could take it out for a wee blast .... you dont want it sitting there doing nothing do you?:D
 
I missed the deadline by a couple of days :comp2:

Bike was picked up this afternoon by Ducati Glasgow and wont be ready until next week :(
 
If you guys are on the A9 on the way up or down, the camera van and unmarked cars are hot just now in Aviemore area and long straights arourd Dalwhinnie. Daviot (4 miles South of Inverness) on northbound dual carriageway has something almost permanently in the layby at the top of the hill catching people going uphill after building up speed on the long descent.
Saab 9-5 estate(silver 55 plate) and an older Vauxhall (Omega possibly) again silver are the weapons of choice that I've seen in the last few days.
 
Thanks for that Stewart!

I reckon we'll be in Inverness around 1-ish and would love to see any of the natives for lunch ;)

We'll be stopping at the Highlander petrol station opposite the Inverness Thistle at the A9 / A96 roundabout and would suggest meeting there.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
 
I reckon we'll be in Inverness around 1-ish and would love to see any of the natives for lunch ;)

Careful Scott!!...that seemed to suggest you were buying! We have big appetites up here and Davie's nose will be well out of joint given that he is relying on Red Cross parcels at the mo!:D
 
Careful Scott!!...that seemed to suggest you were buying! We have big appetites up here and Davie's nose will be well out of joint given that he is relying on Red Cross parcels at the mo!:D


Stewart, Scott's a "Fly Fifer". Going by there reputation there's little chance of him buying.;) ;)
 
Depends on how many red wine / guinness chasers you've had ;)

Howcome you're home on a Thursday anyway?
 
Thanks for that Stewart!

I reckon we'll be in Inverness around 1-ish and would love to see any of the natives for lunch ;)

We'll be stopping at the Highlander petrol station opposite the Inverness Thistle at the A9 / A96 roundabout and would suggest meeting there.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!

...worked out where you're gonna have lunch then?
 
Nothing concrete yet Ed - there's a few options though.

Lorimers, The Snow Goose, North Kessock or maybe even the brewers fayre just off the A9 - somewhere with visible parking, and is able to make a fairly quick turnaround for the 12+ people signed up for this.

There's a good chance I'll be in the town tomorrow so I'll try and scope something out then.
 
Scottch, I reckon somewhere just out of town would be better, Inversnakey will be heaving tomorrow and Sunday with this brilliant weather, and it's no place for a Ducati. If people are prepared to travel an extra 15- 20 miles further then there are some lovely country pubs that have great parking and good food.
 
Got delayed here this morning, still not on my way up.

Took a chance and phoned Lorimers - table booked for around 1pm for 12 people, I'll call them on Sunday to confirm the numbers.

If the Invernaewhere natives could let me know how many there are of them I'll amend the booking as required.

Cheers!

Scott
 
i could take it out for a wee blast .... you dont want it sitting there doing nothing do you?:D

Ha ha, now that made me laugh Nic!

Though, I'm sure we had a conversation, albeit a drunken one, about you having a shot of the yellow beastie.... you just never know!
 
Got delayed here this morning, still not on my way up.

Took a chance and phoned Lorimers - table booked for around 1pm for 12 people, I'll call them on Sunday to confirm the numbers.

If the Invernaewhere natives could let me know how many there are of them I'll amend the booking as required.

Cheers!

Scott

Count me in mate:)
 
No worries mate :thumbs:

Glorious up there today - got colder near Perth, and is bloody freezing outside just now here.

Fingers crossed for sunday!
 
Stunning day here today. Not a cloud in the sky and Inverness made 23C this afternoon! Forecast for tomorrow locally is sunny warm in the morning but rain coming in PM. With luck it will hold for you. Have a safe journey and will catch up with you when you arrive. :thumbs:
 
...I still can't decide which bike to come down on, might even bring the LandRover....:p
 
Oh God I'll have to lock up my daughters, Tam's coming. He scared them last time he was here. I won't even mention how they reacted when Davie came up both times, put it this way, they are still in therapy!!!:eek:
 
you forgot a n other, lol. See you guys and gals about 10 at broxden, if i'm still awake :)

Tam, was in town today and you're sorted for tomorrow! Looked into petrol station where we're meeting up and they have confirmed they will shut off the diesel first sign of a Ducati on the forecourt!...:D
 
Back
Top Bottom