Hizzy Museum Meet - Sunday 20 May

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Only 2 weeks until the Hizzy Museum meet so I thought I'd confirm details. We'll be meeting at the Museum in Hawick main street at noon ( ish). Make your own way there or arrange to ride to it with others in this thread. Grab a brew/lunch and maybe check out the museum, cafes aren't easy to find in Hawick and we get as many as last year be prepare for a wait.

Hawick is on the A7 and almost every road leading to it is perfect for bikes. Last year we headed up the A6, then A7 and came back via Kielder ( getting very wet doing so :D)

You can check out last years photos here and read Gordon's account of his day out here

add your name to the calendar here

Hope to see you there
 
I had thought of doing 'Breakfast@Glentress' the weekend of the Hizzy meet and riding down to Hawick Sunday morning but I now think it might be something that can be done a bit later in the year. The Hotel cocked up the booking/roomrate and told me it was £65 a night so I have left it as he never came back to me with a revised roomrate.
 
Hi

Well I may make the trek up weather depending and if the Tricolore still only has less than 400 miles by then. Its booked in for its 1st service on the 24th May and then its off to the TT for a week so no chance to service otherwise. So may arrange to meet up with Mike and a few others early doors if thats ok? Judging by www.weather.com the rain is here for about a week? :((
 
aim to make this one this year,but i'm bringin the neck brace just incase :rolleyes:
Scot and gordy, c your goin, i can meet you at the services we met in last year but fecked if i know where we were,musta had a bang on the heid :comp2: :D
 
Yes, in the most unlikely place you could ever imagine !!!

Last year we toured hawick for about 20 minutes before stopping outside a shop only to find out the place that we had passed about 20 times looking for the museum was the museum !!!

It is on the main street on the left, well it is if your travelling that way, just before the cafe's and a bend in the road.

That's about as clear as mud isnt it.

I could do with a run out on the new 1098, never been on it yet, if the weather is nice I just might have a trip up, If it's raining I'll not.

12ish, so that means about 2pm if last year is anything to go by, at least if I get there early I can get a seat in the cafe before you lot nab them again.
 
Well I won't be there this year sorry, Mallory Park beckons and final instructions have just arrived - will text Mikey as to how JPM, MartinH and I qualify so you can all have a laugh while fighting for Cafe position - I really enjoyed the run last year and although small the museum was great and the curator bloke was VERY chuffed to see all the Ducati's parked outside - a real tribute he said !

So make it bigger and better nthis time over and someone give them a link to here and the galleries - have fun peeps, we will !
 
DancingDog, get me to Hawick and I can show you where the museum is!

See other thread, I'll catch up with you in Hexham
 
Give me an idea when you firm up your plans mate - I could meet you at Dunfermline or the big layby just before the FRB.
 
prob meet up with ranald if he's goin and come over the forth bridge, if not i'll stay in Dunfermilne overnight on the sat and still be comin over the bridge ;) :D


Can meet you at the same spot as last year Tam.Then we can meet up with Derek and Scott at FRB.
 
Back
Top Bottom