Hartside Mini Mega Meet 8th October (date now decided)

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Adding the details of the Midgie Masher yesterday i realised that was the last big planned "upnorth" event for 2006 :eek: there still loads of other events, trackdays and meets but i'd thought about organising another Hartside mini mega meet with ride in start points at the Ducati dealers in Leeds, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle. Same format as the one in March, make your own way there, meet for lunch and a craic then head off home at your own pace or with others. Hartside is central to much of the northern region so shouldn't me more than 120 miles each way for the majority.

So, would anyone be up for this and if so do we do it late September or even into October??
 
How about the first week-end in October? There is a good chance I might have had the Ilizarov frame removed by then and if my knee works....waaahaaaah!:eek:
 
I have just looked on a few sites about Ilizarov frames and me thinks I might have to set my target a bit further in the future!
 
Im up for it - cant manage any long runs at the mnute but free for a few hours at a time - can I bring the KTM ?
 
Great idea michael, I'd be up for that.
Just got back from the Alps and back in the land of the living!
Hope to catch up soon
Ade
 
Good idea, though I'll unfortunately not be free from Masher time until the second half of October.
 
Abby doesnt get on well with the KTM.
The pillion seat is thin and she has difficulty reading the dash (complained a lot when a road sign for home read 20 miles. She said Id been going round in circles cause last time she looked at the dash it said 550, its now reading 620 and were still not home - I pointed out that the clock was actually reading twenty past six and not mileage !!!)
 
yup sounds good - hopefully us glasgow lot will get there on time this time and fingers crossed that the weather's a bit better - no snow!
 
Is there a proposed date for this idea? In case some wondering suvverner happens to get lost and winds up in the Lake District?
 
Loz said:
Is there a proposed date for this idea? In case some wondering suvverner happens to get lost and winds up in the Lake District?

Well how about Sunday 8th October?? the clocks haven't changed, we might have the end of an indian summer and no frosts ( Hartside is the highest cafe in England!!) no Moto GP, Estoril and Valencia are the following 2 weeks.
 
overipe&keen said:
Go for it Mikey!!! :thumbs: October is normally a great month weatherwise I seem to recall.

well, its not just down to me, i'm relying upon you lot to make it a big end of season bash :)

need people to plan and join in at the ride starts as well, Martin, Martyn and Charlie are up for it so lets make it a good one :)
 
Last edited:
My summer will have been wrapped up the week before so perfect timing for me.
Fingers crossed for some 'beau temps'
Ade
 
yep,count me in aswell,it's about time i got to meet some of you.
is anybody going to cartmel this weekend for the northern rally?:booze:

padge.
 
Me and Michael (gizmo) are planning to ride down to get there around 4.30ish on the Saturday to hopefully meet up with a few folk but we won't be staying over.
 
Will try and get down at some point anyone know the deal, lunch stops etc, also planning to go to Lowther on one of the days !
 
8th sounds good - I might start a group from here, depending on the Leeds chosen route - have to get some "C" roads in for Steve999 :D
 
Sounds good from M Battalion, I hope to bring a few up, weather depending of course, last time Ian told me it was lovely up there, from my view at Glasson Dock I could not see the top for the snow clouds, we will try to make it a bit further north than Lancaster next time.
 
Back
Top Bottom