DUN Trackday

I'd be on for Oulton Park because I lurrrvve that track and want to try it on the 749. I don't know where Croft is but, as the southerner with the most miles on my clock (so to speak) I would like to achieve the record of going the furthest for a DuN event. Also like the sound of Shaun's trip to France. :D

There are a couple from this area thinking about Oulton Park. it is 400+ miles from here and Croft is a lot further. Unless you live in Germany you wouldn't be close to the furthest travelled by a long way! ;) It it was Knockhill you MIGHT stand a chance.
 
There are a couple from this area thinking about Oulton Park. it is 400+ miles from here and Croft is a lot further. Unless you live in Germany you wouldn't be close to the furthest travelled by a long way! ;) It it was Knockhill you MIGHT stand a chance.

In respect of time, there won't be alot in it for you guys between Croft and Oulton, Oulton is a far superior track though :)
 
Trackdays 2007

Hi All

Any trackdays this year give me a call please I live smack bang in the middle of both Oulton and Cadwell (Saddleworth Moors region) or junction 22 M62. Either or is fine with me its a 45-60 minute ride.

:comp2:
:cool:
Mail samiebutler@hotmail.com
Mob: 07796 444996
 
Count me in as well for Oulton Park....and we want the full circuit WITHOUT the chicane at Knicker Brook. That corner is one of the best in UK racing....if you get it right :eek:
 
Count me in as well for Oulton Park....and we want the full circuit WITHOUT the chicane at Knicker Brook. That corner is one of the best in UK racing....if you get it right :eek:

Knickerbrook hasn't been used for bikes or cars since "Hizzy's" was introduced, although you can still use it just brake a bit later than you would for the chicane and go straight on.... :rolleyes:
 
Count me in as well for Oulton Park....and we want the full circuit WITHOUT the chicane at Knicker Brook. That corner is one of the best in UK racing....if you get it right :eek:

call me odd, but i actualy like the chicane.

I think it adds a bit of variety and a different challenge to the track.

By all accounts it makes things waaay safer as well which in this day and age with the amount of blokes jumping on 180bh bikes with no skill and pinning it has to be a good thing.

The amount of people that can't slow down enough to make the chicane gives an idea of how many people would just get knickerbrook so wrong and that can be fatal :(
 
Howz about Paul Ricard circuit, its only 15 miles from the Med, Sarf of France has better weather than Oulton or Croft, and i know some cracking roads for a ride down.

Mmmm it was only an idea, bet Ray and MartinH would be up for it

BDG,

You know me too well, ;)

The handbrake has put a temporary halt to "Family holidays" to la Belle Francais, only made there twice last year, once under team orders, once on me selfish mans bike:D Never mind I heading West this year.........the mountain course beckons.

Ray
 
Knickerbrook was actually changed after Derek Warwick's brother was killed in a car race (apologies for not remembering his name)

I've ridden both tracks, without and with chicane.....Give me without anytime !! Knickerbrook was awesome
 
Knickerbrook was actually changed after Derek Warwick's brother was killed in a car race (apologies for not remembering his name)

I've ridden both tracks, without and with chicane.....Give me without anytime !! Knickerbrook was awesome

Yup I've done them both too, but the chicane isn't that bad I've seen people highside at 140 coming out of knickerbrook so can understand why it was introduced.

Could be worse... could be the chicane at Silverstone, or even the new one on the exit of Gerrards at Mallory
 
Knickerbrook was actually changed after Derek Warwick's brother was killed in a car race (apologies for not remembering his name)


Paul Warwick in a formula two race in 1991
 
I know Paul Warwick died at Knickerbrook, but I dont think the chicane appeared for 10 years or more later? I remember doing a track day at Oulton about 6 years ago and there was no chicane there. I remember it being a bit scary through knickerbrook.
 
Back
Top Bottom