Am I too old…

The West Cork Woman's Institute called Paul, and they reckon you're only as old as they feel (y)

1718838830753.webp
 
Well, that’s a load of bollx 😡

Ducati Dublin had a big advert on their homepage saying the Hyper 698 started at €11,157, so I guessed another €1500 for the RVE version based on the price uplift in the UK. Turns out, now I’ve a got a price confirmed it’s €15,700 for the RVE and that’s the standard bike, no options. I’m still waiting for confirmation of the price for the Termis (but guess they’ll be about €2500-3000).

Mind you, I did think €11,157 was cheap compared to other countries 😕
Are Termis the only brand you will consider? There are already several alternatives available for very much less. One is SC, I've had bikes with their systems and been very impressed. Struggling to paste the link on my phone unfortunately but they were listed at £799.
 
Are Termis the only brand you will consider? There are already several alternatives available for very much less. One is SC, I've had bikes with their systems and been very impressed. Struggling to paste the link on my phone unfortunately but they were listed at £799.
You have to buy the 'official' upgrade from the dealer to get the software upgrades too :unsure:
 
The West Cork Woman's Institute called Paul, and they reckon you're only as old as they feel (y)

View attachment 110343
Joking aside Ron, there are a fair few around here that look just like that 😮
They’d do Wayne….
By the looks of them they have already🤣
Are Termis the only brand you will consider? There are already several alternatives available for very much less. One is SC, I've had bikes with their systems and been very impressed. Struggling to paste the link on my phone unfortunately but they were listed at £799.
Yes there are a few replacement end pipes, that add more noise, Austin Racing do a good sounding set for example, and I’m sure there are some cat delete options too (unless the cat is in the end pipes - I’m not sure, not having seen one in the flesh. But, as Exi says below, if you want the associated (non Euro5 compliant) mapping and the Wheelie Assist feature, it’s got to be the Ducati supplied Termis 😕.

Maybe I don’t need the Wheelie Assist feature anyway, feck it I’d probably never use it, being too chicken an all.

Maybe @WAYNE ’s suggestion is the right one, maybe I should look at a Royal Enfield or BSA 🤔
You have to buy the 'official' upgrade from the dealer to get the software upgrades too :unsure:
 
Joking aside Ron, there are a fair few around here that look just like that 😮

By the looks of them they have already🤣

Yes there are a few replacement end pipes, that add more noise, Austin Racing do a good sounding set for example, and I’m sure there are some cat delete options too (unless the cat is in the end pipes - I’m not sure, not having seen one in the flesh. But, as Exi says below, if you want the associated (non Euro5 compliant) mapping and the Wheelie Assist feature, it’s got to be the Ducati supplied Termis 😕.

Maybe I don’t need the Wheelie Assist feature anyway, feck it I’d probably never use it, being too chicken an all.

Maybe @WAYNE ’s suggestion is the right one, maybe I should look at a Royal Enfield or BSA 🤔
The Enfield is great fun, it's not the fastest thing on two wheels but i love it, it's great just cruising through the countryside and taking the sites in!! (y)
Even though it is a bit rough around the edges it gets loads of attention from people, it's a bit of a surprise, i can understand the 996 but not the Enfield.:unsure:
The guy i bought mine off had got himself a brand new Enfield a 650 Intercepter and he loves it and looks very nice indeed.
 
Back
Top Bottom