Am I too old…

If you’re asking if you’re too old, the answer is probably yes, but who gives a hoot.

I was thinking the other day; “Am I too old to wear a hoody?”,( my answer was Who Cares?) but as you know I come up with many posers throughout the day like: Is my head too far forward on my body? (yes if I slouch and don’t think about my posture) And ‘am I northern enough?’ (Just, a few miles south and I’d be a Midlander) but I digress into what could be a Beryl the PerryL rambling…
A few days ago I went to somewhere I used to go when I was much younger, it was as shit today as it was then.
 
If you’re asking if you’re too old, the answer is probably yes, but who gives a hoot.

I was thinking the other day; “Am I too old to wear a hoody?”,( my answer was Who Cares?) but as you know I come up with many posers throughout the day like: Is my head too far forward on my body? (yes if I slouch and don’t think about my posture) And ‘am I northern enough?’ (Just, a few miles south and I’d be a Midlander) but I digress into what could be a Beryl the PerryL rambling…
A few days ago I went to somewhere I used to go when I was much younger, it was as shit today as it was then.
Steve you're getting old disgracefully mate, keep up the good work you're doing, an inspiration ah tel thee :love:
 
If you’re asking if you’re too old, the answer is probably yes, but who gives a hoot.

I was thinking the other day; “Am I too old to wear a hoody?”,( my answer was Who Cares?) but as you know I come up with many posers throughout the day like: Is my head too far forward on my body? (yes if I slouch and don’t think about my posture) And ‘am I northern enough?’ (Just, a few miles south and I’d be a Midlander) but I digress into what could be a Beryl the PerryL rambling…
A few days ago I went to somewhere I used to go when I was much younger, it was as shit today as it was then.
At last, a sensible response👍
 
I’m not exactly who they’re marketing it to 😕


I don’t want to look more of a knob than I already do on a bike 🤣
Paul, if you have the funds available why the fuck not mate, I had my moment of clarity when I decided that I/we would only become old when I/we stop riding.
If your still not convinced, prior pulling the pin on a 698, buy a hypermotard and rag fuck out of it. Iffn you return with a beaming smile and a racing heart you have the answer to you question cocker.
 
Anyway I trust this is ordered now @West Cork Paul ?
When will it arrive 😎😇
Is it eck. I’ve got to sell some bikes first to fund it (or anything).
998S
M900
ST4S
ST2

I just want something smaller & lighter for running around on. Was (still am) considering a Honda 🤮 CRF300 (yes, @Barry Hell ). Am also considering the Triumph Scrambler 400X as Trinny (the daughter) can insure & use that when she passes her IBT - the CRF is too high in the seat.

I was just sitting in a pub yesterday evening, waiting for Anne to finish work (she was working late) when the idea popped into my head of the Hypermono. I don’t know why it popped into my head 🤷🏻‍♂️ and it would be useless for T as the seat's too high and she won’t get insurance for it but it could be fun for me.

Hmmm 🤔 what to get ?

Ohh shite, I’m sounding like @PerryL 🤣
 
Is it eck. I’ve got to sell some bikes first to fund it (or anything).
998S
M900
ST4S
ST2

I just want something smaller & lighter for running around on. Was (still am) considering a Honda 🤮 CRF300 (yes, @Barry Hell ). Am also considering the Triumph Scrambler 400X as Trinny (the daughter) can insure & use that when she passes her IBT - the CRF is too high in the seat.

I was just sitting in a pub yesterday evening, waiting for Anne to finish work (she was working late) when the idea popped into my head of the Hypermono. I don’t know why it popped into my head 🤷🏻‍♂️ and it would be useless for T as the seat's too high and she won’t get insurance for it but it could be fun for me.

Hmmm 🤔 what to get ?

Ohh shite, I’m sounding like @PerryL 🤣

I know you discounted the KTM 690, and for some valid reasons - but that bike is virtually the same weight and power as the mono but £grands less, making it less precious for knocking about on. A used Husqvarna 701 is on my radar too.
 
68 posts in this thread so far & I make it 26 of those on subject (and some of the 26 I'm not sure of). To get back to the original question and speaking as a 76 year oldie, you are Not to old. I think that you probably are old enough to not have to give a sh*t what anyone else thinks about your purchase, what you look like on it or what percentage of its capability to use - go for it.
ps straying off the original question, the first Multistrada was a new concept, same as the first Monster, it deserves far more respect than a lot on here afford it
 
Is it eck. I’ve got to sell some bikes first to fund it (or anything).
998S
M900
ST4S
ST2

I just want something smaller & lighter for running around on. Was (still am) considering a Honda 🤮 CRF300 (yes, @Barry Hell ). Am also considering the Triumph Scrambler 400X as Trinny (the daughter) can insure & use that when she passes her IBT - the CRF is too high in the seat.

I was just sitting in a pub yesterday evening, waiting for Anne to finish work (she was working late) when the idea popped into my head of the Hypermono. I don’t know why it popped into my head 🤷🏻‍♂️ and it would be useless for T as the seat's too high and she won’t get insurance for it but it could be fun for me.

Hmmm 🤔 what to get ?

Ohh shite, I’m sounding like @PerryL 🤣
Def the Duc, lots of smiles per mile, CRF underpowered 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
nun-nuns.gif
 
Is it eck. I’ve got to sell some bikes first to fund it (or anything).
998S
M900
ST4S
ST2

I just want something smaller & lighter for running around on. Was (still am) considering a Honda 🤮 CRF300 (yes, @Barry Hell ). Am also considering the Triumph Scrambler 400X as Trinny (the daughter) can insure & use that when she passes her IBT - the CRF is too high in the seat.

I was just sitting in a pub yesterday evening, waiting for Anne to finish work (she was working late) when the idea popped into my head of the Hypermono. I don’t know why it popped into my head 🤷🏻‍♂️ and it would be useless for T as the seat's too high and she won’t get insurance for it but it could be fun for me.

Hmmm 🤔 what to get ?

Ohh shite, I’m sounding like @PerryL 🤣
Naaah just build a bigger shed🤷🏻‍♂️😇
 
Is it eck. I’ve got to sell some bikes first to fund it (or anything).
998S
M900
ST4S
ST2

I just want something smaller & lighter for running around on. Was (still am) considering a Honda 🤮 CRF300 (yes, @Barry Hell ). Am also considering the Triumph Scrambler 400X as Trinny (the daughter) can insure & use that when she passes her IBT - the CRF is too high in the seat.

I was just sitting in a pub yesterday evening, waiting for Anne to finish work (she was working late) when the idea popped into my head of the Hypermono. I don’t know why it popped into my head 🤷🏻‍♂️ and it would be useless for T as the seat's too high and she won’t get insurance for it but it could be fun for me.

Hmmm 🤔 what to get ?

Ohh shite, I’m sounding like @PerryL 🤣

Get the triumph and share it with your daughter.
Excuse to keep all the others too.
 
68 posts in this thread so far & I make it 26 of those on subject (and some of the 26 I'm not sure of). To get back to the original question and speaking as a 76 year oldie, you are Not to old. I think that you probably are old enough to not have to give a sh*t what anyone else thinks about your purchase, what you look like on it or what percentage of its capability to use - go for it.
ps straying off the original question, the first Multistrada was a new concept, same as the first Monster, it deserves far more respect than a lot on here afford it
funny-dog.gif
 
68 posts in this thread so far & I make it 26 of those on subject (and some of the 26 I'm not sure of). To get back to the original question and speaking as a 76 year oldie, you are Not to old. I think that you probably are old enough to not have to give a sh*t what anyone else thinks about your purchase, what you look like on it or what percentage of its capability to use - go for it.
ps straying off the original question, the first Multistrada was a new concept, same as the first Monster, it deserves far more respect than a lot on here afford it
Spoken like a true 76 year old. 😉
 
Back
Top Bottom