Almeria Circuit - 28-30 November

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
this thread gone's very quiet... call yourself DUCATI enthusiasts, MCN report Ducati as THE coolest bike brand, full of RACE pedigree and none of you apart from Fergie and Gordon are heading to Almeria.... you disgust me, I have no sons........

just kidding folks - love you all really, but you are pussies
 
It Takes Two....

Since it will be so quiet I'll take the Desmo as well! And the Playstation 3 with SBK08 so we can practise during quieter moments in the pit garage whilst drinking a filtered beer......
 
Since it will be so quiet I'll take the Desmo as well! And the Playstation 3 with SBK08 so we can practise during quieter moments in the pit garage whilst drinking a filtered beer......


You're taking this too far :eek: :D what about NON filtered beer ?... saw the new race system on the D16RR...:confused: :confused: not for me. The thing that attracted me to the D16RR was the shear WORK OF ART that was the back end of that bike... the new system (IMHO) spoils that. I do agree it does need the extra 20 horses, let face it, it struggles to get to 200mph on the M8.:rolleyes: :D

Also, the growl off the current system is an aggressive ROAR, the new system loses that. So, now I'm forced to take the D16RR to Alemeria too, just so that a comparison can be done.... but with that comes a WARNING. Whilst attempting to break 200 on the back straight, if I miss the braking point and carry on into the desert, can I charge it to YOUR credit card ???
 
Message For Fergie

You need to get a D16RR, get it run in and serviced in FOUR WEEKS... it appears the rules have changed a tad for Almeria. Our resident track junkie (aka Gordon Stoner) can be blamed for that.... he's a bad, bad man :p .
 
Of course...

I do know that under the current credit crunch Ducati are prepared to accept Provi Cheque or Green Shield Stamps for spares and repairs - I'm sure I have a mattress full we can use if there is an mishap - not that there will be!
 

Sorry mate, didn't make myself clear. The banking institutions excessive greed over the last few years and borderline legal shares trading practises have led to a financial climate that prevents the majority partaking in what would be a fantastic jaunt to Almeria for some quality track time.

Thus I regretfully decline your kind invite and persuasive arguement to book the trip.;)
 
Paul, indeed, one must be philosophical in ones approach to these onerous developments thrust upon us from the city high fliers. For me, the choice was clear - get the money, spend the fooking lot before the bank goes t1ts up and the lot disappears anyway...we're doomed, we're doomed.
 
To quote absolute comical genius

"Always look on the bright side of life... der-da der-da der-da-der-da-der da"
 
Hey Stuart i,m in. think it was talking to you and Martin at DG today that sealed my fate. I'll call Martin tomorrow and sort out the details... Pick up 1098R on wed , hopr it stay's dry enough to get it run in...
 
Hey Stuart i,m in. think it was talking to you and Martin at DG today that sealed my fate. I'll call Martin tomorrow and sort out the details... Pick up 1098R on wed , hopr it stay's dry enough to get it run in...


Kenny, good man. Nothing to do with martin though, PM with your e.mail details and I'll give you all the contact info. It's booked through Tony at Tracksense.
 
Almeria Night

I was speaking to Ian (Fergie) last night and I suggested we all meet up for a beer and pizza one night late October or early November to go through all the Almeria stuff. It's gives us a chance to go through all the bits and pieces.

One thing we all need (if not already done) is your European Health Insurance Card - this is free, and you can apply on line http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=1073

That basically ensures the NHS pick up the tab for any medical stuff, however, extreme sports will not be covered, so go to tracksense.com and get medical TRACK COVER, three days is £24 or something.

Sounds morbid maybe, but best to be covered...
 
'kin ell, so CONFIRMED now that's, Me (Stuart), Fergie, Gordon, Martyn, Kenny and Andy. So that's the magic six, on top of that Stevie K and someone he knows, plus of course the others that will have booked direct through Tracksense. Would now certainly suggest a pizza/beer to get us all introduced to each other.
 
Kenny,
Are you going on the Laggan next Sunday ? - After this run you'll be at least half way there.

Geoff

OI - Osama Bin Geoff, this is a HIJACK of the Almeria thread :D :D :twak: :OT: :hissy: :tantrum:

suppose is it slightly relevent
 
Hope to see you there Geoff....has anyone sorted out the weather yet, want to put some miles on this new bike!!!!
 
I'll call Martin tomorrow and sort out the details... Pick up 1098R on wed , hopr it stay's dry enough to get it run in...

Kenny, happy new 1098... hopefully the weather will hold. Martin's not going to Almeria, I think the dates clash with his final knitting evening classes ;) . If you need the contact details for Tony at tracksense PM me. I have your number now, so I'll call you late this week or early next and we'll get the heads together over a beer and pizza.

In fact - Tony Hill, Tracksense, 08704 450 600. E.mail is info@tracksense.co.uk. We're flying out with EASY JET on the Thursday morning and back with Fly Globespan on the Monday. Flight numbers are 6861 for easy joke, dep Glasgow Thu 27 Nov at 0800. Globespan returns on 1st December (GSM112) dep Malaga at 10.55

These seem to be the only flights on those days. Hurry, hurry , hurry - you could always practice knitting Ducati Corse tank tops with Martin :D
 
Last edited:
Thanks Stuart i'll contact Tony on Thurs. when i get back, also book the flights then.... cheers
 
Pizza Night

OK guys, howzabout then we put an evening in the diary for a pizza and beer and go over all the bits... what we need to bring, what needs to be ordered from DG before we go, flights, meeting up, car hire, pit garage between us, how the fuel works over there, what group we're all in etc etc.

I already discovered that Tracksense didn't have a 55mm socket for the rear wheel on the 1098, (we used Martins), so, Bills Tool store obliged and now we have our very own MAD DASH 55mm socket available for hire :D

Ideally we want to do this next week or VERY early in November and certainly 2 weeks before the bikes go.... that way it gives us time to arrange / modify stuff - like adding a new Termi system to the 1098 :D :D

Just avoid Thursday 6th as that's the SDC monthly meet.
 
Calling Weian - Come In Weeian

little rumour circulating at the moment, that you might be coming to Almeria... good man ;) :D :D :D Are you bringing a bike or golf clubs ?:eek:
 
Easy Jet

Can anyone flying out with Easy Jet on Thursday 27th November remember that Easy Jet have some bizarre requirement that NO other airline asks for. Easy Jet claim that "local security laws" require you to input your passport details or you can't fly to Spain - Fly Globespan or Ryanair don't ask for it, but try and argue that one.

Please ensure that you have entered these details - there is a LINK on the booking confimation e.mail that you would have got.

Also, don't do what I did, "any hand luggage sir over the allowed size or weight", "NO, just my surface to air rocket launcher"...:rolleyes: HUMOUR FAILURE....;)
 
little rumour circulating at the moment, that you might be coming to Almeria... good man ;) :D :D :D Are you bringing a bike or golf clubs ?:eek:

theres golf courses ???? how about i just t up in the pit lane & wait for u comin down the home straight :D
 
how about i just make some tea up in the pit lane & wait for u comin in :D

fixed it for ya... so kind...milk 2 sugars... in fact make that no sugar, need to fit into the Arlen Ness Skippy Leathers
 
Back
Top Bottom