Roger
New member
My second season in racing is just about to kick off again.
My first meeting is on Saturday April 21st at Oulton Park with the Wirral 100 club. The bike should just about be back together and ready to go by then.
(I'm also going to race with the Aintree club but I'll do a separate posting about that later on).
Most of the racing is for the more modern bikes (powerbikes, 600's, steel frame, forgotten era, formula 400, etc) but I'll be racing my widecase 250 Ducati in with the classics again. I got 2nd place in the rankings last year :lol2: (my first season) so I'll be trying to keep up the performance.
A big thanks to everyone who came and saw me racing (and helped out) last year. Hope to see you all again this time around.
A big thanks too to Andrew for welding my frame and exhaust ready for this year, and to Jono at RudieMoto for swapping over my tyres.
If you've not been to a club meeting before, you should come along. It's great fun - lots of races (far more than at the 'big' meetings), very friendly, open paddock, lots of variety and not crowded.
It's usually about £10 entry. Scrutineering starts at about 8am, practice from about 9:30 then racing kicks off at about 11 (maybe a bit earlier). With just a short lunch break it goes on until tea time with 20 or 30 races in the day.
Come along, say hi and have a brew :tea:. You might end up doing a bit of mechanicing too!
The full program for the year with Wirral 100 is:
Round 1. Sat 21 April, Oulton Park
Test day. Sun 13 May, Anglesey test day
Round 2. Mon 28 May, Anglesey - coastal circuit. (Bank Holiday Monday)
Round 3. Sun 29 July, Anglesey - coastal circuit.
Round 4. Sat 29 & Sun 30 Sept, Anglesey - International circuit. The Anglesey Grand.
Round 5. Sat 20 Oct, Oulton Park.
I hope to do all of the meetings except for round 3 at the end of July (I'll be in Spa watching the classic racing there).
The test day in May coincides with the DOC Merlin rally so I've not quite figured out how I'm going to resolve that. It's the first chance to see what the brand new Anglesey circuit is like so I don't want to miss it.
Hope to see some of you at Oulton.
I'll post my race number when I get my regs back.
Cheers,
Roger
My first meeting is on Saturday April 21st at Oulton Park with the Wirral 100 club. The bike should just about be back together and ready to go by then.
(I'm also going to race with the Aintree club but I'll do a separate posting about that later on).
Most of the racing is for the more modern bikes (powerbikes, 600's, steel frame, forgotten era, formula 400, etc) but I'll be racing my widecase 250 Ducati in with the classics again. I got 2nd place in the rankings last year :lol2: (my first season) so I'll be trying to keep up the performance.
A big thanks to everyone who came and saw me racing (and helped out) last year. Hope to see you all again this time around.
A big thanks too to Andrew for welding my frame and exhaust ready for this year, and to Jono at RudieMoto for swapping over my tyres.
If you've not been to a club meeting before, you should come along. It's great fun - lots of races (far more than at the 'big' meetings), very friendly, open paddock, lots of variety and not crowded.
It's usually about £10 entry. Scrutineering starts at about 8am, practice from about 9:30 then racing kicks off at about 11 (maybe a bit earlier). With just a short lunch break it goes on until tea time with 20 or 30 races in the day.
Come along, say hi and have a brew :tea:. You might end up doing a bit of mechanicing too!
The full program for the year with Wirral 100 is:
Round 1. Sat 21 April, Oulton Park
Test day. Sun 13 May, Anglesey test day
Round 2. Mon 28 May, Anglesey - coastal circuit. (Bank Holiday Monday)
Round 3. Sun 29 July, Anglesey - coastal circuit.
Round 4. Sat 29 & Sun 30 Sept, Anglesey - International circuit. The Anglesey Grand.
Round 5. Sat 20 Oct, Oulton Park.
I hope to do all of the meetings except for round 3 at the end of July (I'll be in Spa watching the classic racing there).
The test day in May coincides with the DOC Merlin rally so I've not quite figured out how I'm going to resolve that. It's the first chance to see what the brand new Anglesey circuit is like so I don't want to miss it.
Hope to see some of you at Oulton.
I'll post my race number when I get my regs back.
Cheers,
Roger