Which 1200 Multistrada gets your thumbs up

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
Theres no doubt when it comes to the Multistrada, manywill have bought, owned and still own, the 1200 version. Throughout the 1200's lifespan there were a few variations, upgrades,models within the range.

For those who have had them, which 1200 was the best version and why? This is more to help future 1200 buyers than anything else, years and variation will help
 
Before i bought one, i liked the one ive got... as it reminds me of the supermoto i had... i test road the DVT and it just felt lacking the feel of a Ducati the rawness like old Ducatis have... Its like they iron out the goodness, too smooth, quiet & the soul... Why did the DVT 1260 come out over the DVT1200 i didnt bother looking into that... And now a V4 looming shame theyre not bothering to change the bodywork... plus it wont sound like desmo rr...

Id like to see a V6 Ducati superbike come out more...
 
I love my PP.... so much I purchased two.
2017-04-15 14.13.07.jpg

On my 4th and 5th MTS1200 now.
Loved the Single Spark, once you got the ECU remapped, ditched the 10Kg of metal in the exhaust, fitted a decent muffler and accepted that the back brake was optional.
Twin Sparks are better out of the box, smoother power and suspension.
More like low level flying that riding. Bit strange at the beginning.

Simply the best A to B bike I've ever had.
Never taken it around track, but I still think it would be fun.
 
Last edited:
I love my PP.... so much I purchased two.
View attachment 2045
On my 4th and 5th MTS1200 now.
Loved the Single Spark, once you got the ECU remapped, ditched the 10Kg of metal in the exhaust, fitted a decent muffler and accepted that the back brake was optional.
Twin Sparks are better out of the box, smoother power and suspension.
More like low level flying that riding. Bit strange at the beginning.

Simply the best A to B bike I've ever had.
Never taken it around track, but I still think it would be fun.
Even though i never bothered logging in DF i knew you had 2 PP's i thought why but was the 2nd for a donor for parts when parts become rare...

Yeah no dought you seen my PP on another page...
 
Even though i never bothered logging in DF i knew you had 2 PP's i thought why but was the 2nd for a donor for parts when parts become rare...

Yeah no dought you seen my PP on another page...
Even though i never bothered logging in DF i knew you had 2 PP's i thought why but was the 2nd for a donor for parts when parts become rare...

Yeah no dought you seen my PP on another page...
Please can you PM me a link.... just tried to find it.
 
1st - Sold
2nd - Written off with my brothers leg.
3rd - Written off while I was becoming part Bionic.
4th and 5th Still here.
 
On the 1200's I know you had the option of skyhook or standard suspension, was the skyhook worth the extra?
 
I love Ohlins, but I must admit the skyhook was better.
The special addon module for the ohlins was an iimpressive upgrade, but skyhook for me on the uk roads
 
I can certianly understand the skyhook if you often toured so your load often varied or even if you had a pillion where you could change the settnings dependent on the load. Personally had it just been for one rider I would have prefered the manual suspension, taken it to a suspension specialist (cheaper than you think) and got it set up exactly for me
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom