What To Do?

From the confines of my Summerhouse, my solicitor just phoned. I will speak to the psychoanalyst on Thursday from the Fowlers cafe saying that I am not crazy enough to buy another bike!

Weird stuff is my new currency. . . .
 
From the confines of my Summerhouse, my solicitor just phoned. I will speak to the psychoanalyst on Thursday from the Fowlers cafe saying that I am not crazy enough to buy another bike!

Weird stuff is my new currency. . . .
Another strange thing:

If we succeed in getting the judge to release my money, my solicitor will be a trustee of my stash and for any large expenditure, I will have to discuss it and she can always block it. My "dependency" on whiskey is a concern with me only being a small step from drug taking and alcoholism.

I have this weird thing going on, I have a good supply of beer and whiskey in the house, I felt like a drink last night. What did I have? A mug of tea. Tea rather than coffee in the day and tea rather than booze in the evenings. I don't fit any stereo type :(
 
Whilst I am supposed to be the brain damaged irresponsible one:
1729526828899.webp

During the last government we were meant to feel sorry for underpaid teachers and nurses. Now, we curse the Labour government for making them higher rate tax payers. If only we had the Tories back. Everything was right then!:oops::oops::oops:
 
Whilst I am supposed to be the brain damaged irresponsible one:
View attachment 121241
During the last government we were meant to feel sorry for underpaid teachers and nurses. Now, we curse the Labour government for making them higher rate tax payers. If only we had the Tories back. Everything was right then!:oops::oops::oops:
At the moment you have to earn over £50,271 pa to pay higher rate tax. So that wage is now considered the norm for a nurse. I just can't keep up!
 
Looking on Google Maps, Santander and Bilbao both look a bit hilly. As I will be walking about, I don't fancy hills:unsure: Instead, I could do Plymouth-Saint Malo. Too much choice :unsure:
 
In fact, £200 per week is around my budget!
Perry, that can only be if you own your own home and don't pay rent....
Think about your Council tax, water rates, electric (and gas, if you had any sense)...then insurance, road tax, then food... then beer.... I'm pretty sure your actual budget is closer to 2 or three times as much.
 
I realise that I can live more cheaply as I have no debt to pay plus I own my house. But the thing is that I get really piised with these "catch all" headlines that the stupid press idiots fart out! It is different for everyone and never that simple. I recognise that, but the press idiots never do.

How much a person can live on is very different fro all. It's complicated! It depends upon lots of things like owning your own property supporting others, like kids, and debt.

I just get narked off with the "catch all" headlines about what you can and can't live on. It's not simple, but why does everything need to be reduced to the lowest uncommon denominator?

Even simple car ownership seems to be a major source of confusion. I own my car, Simple. It's nothing grand but mine and I'm happy with it. But then you get the PCP, Not PCP but really PCP, debt, debt but not really debt except you never own the vehicle, and all the different mixes of driving about in something that you can't afford. And people in their droves fall for it every day!!!!
 
Without any investment (we have no debt) we spend over £50k a year and I don't think we live life like royalty... few meals out, few holidays.... our newest vehicle is 9 years old... some are 25 years old... unfortunately all our income is taxed (no pocket money).... frugal as feck... no idea where the next lamp post is coming from,...
Is that all 🙄 peasant
 
Portsmouth to Santander is a much better and shorter crossing - one night : 22 hours - the Plymouth ones are two nights.

Santander to Bilbao on the motorway is an hour - so still a day quicker than Plymouth to Bilbao !
It’s other way round but know that’s what ye mean @Char Plymouth is the short one and it’s on the pont aven which is a nice old boat with plenty to do as opposed to the e flexers from Pompey that are new and modern and comfy but not much character and 34+ hours going and I think 26 coming back , the Plymouth boat doesn’t go through winter for some bizarre reason personally happy to drive a bit further to Plymouth to save a heap of time on a boat although I now drive through France generally or from Slovenia
 
Last edited:
@PerryL I take it that airports, associated with flying somewhere, is something you don't think you can cope with?
If that is the case, perhaps you could tag along with @Dirty Leeds next time he goes abroad? I'm sure he'd be glad of the company and help loading.... think of it as a lads holiday..... contribute to the diesel etc...could even save on the hotels either a twin room or perhaps a double (top n tail).
I am abroad in Slovenia again mate, but only for 3 nights or so, just came down from Frankfurt and Rotterdam…..help loading would be nice though so if our @AirCon wants a run out I’m next coming Slovenia in about 3 weeks then down to civitaveccia near Rome for a boat to Barcelona then down to Benidorm area and on to Mijas southern Spain and back up to torrevieja area and drive through France and I can drop in Heathrow 👍
 
I am abroad in Slovenia again mate, but only for 3 nights or so, just came down from Frankfurt and Rotterdam…..help loading would be nice though so if our @AirCon wants a run out I’m next coming Slovenia in about 3 weeks then down to civitaveccia near Rome for a boat to Barcelona then down to Benidorm area and on to Mijas southern Spain and back up to torrevieja area and drive through France and I can drop in Heathrow 👍
Just back from Barcelona and it's not me with an unreasonable aversion to airports, but instead our local philosopher.... @PerryL ...
 
Back
Top Bottom