What the feck have you done today?

What sort of price would the zxr be?
Not sure, they took a while to start following the other Homologation specials in the value stakes but I think they are fast approaching the £10k mark now. There was someone on DF who sold one last year but it's frame had pegs welded on to fit some carbon frame guards! I think that went for circa £7 to £8k but not too sure. Someone might remember who it was - I'm not sure if he's on here :unsure:

Many have gone to Classic Racing now (hence the value rising over the last few years) so there are very few original road bikes left.
 
Picked up the SF from Nelly today, over the moon with it. Cheers Exi.
Trying to figure out where to route the optimate lead now, there’s no room at all!!
@Robarano can you remember how you routed yours by any chance?

Yes. Wired to the battery under the seat and fished down by where the LHS passenger footrest would be. I left a little of the tail hanging and cable tied to the subframe.

It looked neater than this, but the end cap is hanging down in this picture. (Left of the rear shock)

IMG_4685.JPG
 
Last edited:
Picked up the SF from Nelly today, over the moon with it. Cheers Exi.
Trying to figure out where to route the optimate lead now, there’s no room at all!!
@Robarano can you remember how you routed yours by any chance?
Can you not follow the Solenoid to starter Cable to the R/H side of the frame?
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAT
Well, my first project in my 'big house tidy' is going to be the adjoining single garage.

Fire Door from house hallway.
High security / insulated electric Roller Door
Insulate the outside wall and plaster board (the other two walls are insulated double cavity already).
Paint two brick walls white.
Install shelving for my stock to free up the front dining room in the house which is currently my stock room.
Rubber or plastic tile flooring.
Radiator as well probably.

It will then house the 3 bikes I use each year and become my project workshop too with much easier access than the back garage.

Sooooo, today I started moving a few toys around in preparation as the Lotus was in the way. :)


View attachment 10226


View attachment 10227


View attachment 10228
You could consider Air Conditioning?

And I know a man who could "help" with the roof.
 
After waiting for a CoC to arrive since September finally it arrived today. However it didn’t arrive at my house it arrived at my mums because I’m doing building work at my house, the bikes are at my mums and registered there, 100 miles away.

Yesterday BMW emailed me to say they’d sent a hard copy. Happy days, at last! 5 months!

However all did not go as planned. The letter arrived, my younger brother looks after my 94 year old mother who has dementia. Unfortunately she got hold of the letter/certificate before he did and decided it was no more than a circular and shredded it!

You can’t make this stuff up!

I have had to write a grovelling email requesting another CoC .

That’s the extent of my bike stuff today. I can’t even go out and stroke them! 😩
6CC4525C-C682-4E47-9596-4B4411BC011D.webp
 
Did a little shopping today for some goodies at Cycle Gear. Still have to find some double lensed goggles elsewhere. They were down to one tinted pair with fingerprints allover them-I'll pass. Did buy some thermal wear not pictured. It was a nice 3 hours.
20210130_185329.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom