What other v twins have you tried?

What other V twins have you tried/owned ?

  • Honda V twins including Firestorm, SP1 & SP2 etc

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Suzuki V twins including TL1000s, TL1000R, SV 1000 & 650 etc

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Aprilia RSV's, Tuono's etc

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Bimota

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KTM RC8

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other option, (please mention which)

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Look Squirrell

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It's all Chiz's fault

    Votes: 3 15.8%

  • Total voters
    19

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
Most I suspect as well as ducati's, will have tried a number of v twins in the past and I wonder what peoples observations and experiences are ? I can't list every single none ducati v twin so I'll list some of what seem the main ones often mentioned and include an "other" option. Fell free to share. This poll is more about bikes defined as road rather than others such as custom or adventure, multiple votes allowed (y)
 
I’ve had 2 SP2’s and an RSVR Mille.
I’d love to own another SP2, stunning bikes.
 
Aprilia , Moto Guzzi , Suzuki, Harley + mental unknown Korean brand 1800cc chopper my brother in law owns.
 
And for those local to Dorset who remembers the V Twin Rallies held every year in Shaftesbury :) :cool::eek:
 
Had a SP2.
Heavy, difficult to change direction.
Once on a fast open corner it was planted.
It was dyno set up with a PC and Ohlins internals.

Well made and good quality.

Dad had it before me and commuted in all weathers. Still looked new.

Firestorm was in the petrol garage all the time.
 
And don’t forget Guzzis
2D8D766E-EE57-4578-98A7-A963FCBDB6C8.webp
 
HD Soft Boy Slim - enjoyed it, comfortable and easy to ride;
HD Breakout - couldn't get comfortable with feet forward and weight on coccyx ;
HD V-Rod - fast but riding position no good for me;
(all the above - too loud)
KTM 1290 SDR - loved it. Great engine, gearbox and quick shifter, suspension not refined enough (or I just needed to lose at least one stone).
 
I forgot to say I had a TLS and a TLR.
Both good bikes and they sounded like Lancasters with cans on.
Don’t see many about now.
 
Thanks.

Was my wife's, unfortunately she is not a 2 stroke fan. Twice the engine went bang, both times while she was riding it, so it went. :(
That’s a shame.
A friend of mine bought a RS250 a couple of years back, they are tiny!!
It felt like I could pick it up and tuck it under my arm!
No way I could ride one nowadays.
 
Back
Top Bottom