What open face helmet do you use ?

West coast HD IN Glesga have the. Thats where I tried it on. Gordon, do you guys have any in stock to try on and check size ? Was thinking of popping by tomorrow.

sorry dont have any in stock at all, wont be stocking them again till spring

I accept all the arguments for wearing a full face but at the end of the day it comes to informed individuals making a choice as to what "risks" they accept in life.
To take to it's logical conclusion you would ban motorcycles as they are statistically more dangerous than 4 wheels. Doesn't matter what gear you wear you are more likely to be injured on 2 wheels than on 4.
Part of the enjoyment I get is feeling wind on my face (clearly not in the hair!) and I "know" I am more vulnerable if I come off and as a result ride slower and more defensively as a result.
I balance the fact I am less likely to have an accident against if I do have one I could suffer more serious injuries. That is the choice I make.
If others choose a different set of risk factors when on a bike I respect their choices as well.
Fact is if biking was 100% safe a lot of us wouldn't do it!

Totally agree. Just timing of pal's accident with this thread. I like the idea of open face but wear a full face mainly due to ambient temperature where I ride. (And nothing to do with the fact thast I look like something fired oot o' cannon with one on)

Davida, expensive but definately the best. You cant hear a thing with it on. Only fault is the plastic popper that stops the end of the strap from flapping fell apart early on.

Roof boxer, not bad but wind noise is an issue. Bell full face, great fit and comfortable.

Hi
Years ago in Scarborough I came across a fella who came off thro no fault of his own and his chin hit the road, I personally would never even consider one.
Everytime I have seen rider with an open face I wince at the thought of what this poor fella suffered.
Just another fact to consider.

Schuberth J1. It has a chin bar which might give some protection in a light brush with Tarmac but not anything like a full face. Its great on the Monster and good up to top speed but can induce some turbulence which sucks the odd creature into the visor opening. Comes with a Sunshield, is very light and never mists. Doesn't look as cool as a Davida, but is more Tron than anything.

A bumble bee at 70mph in 1977 saw me wear my last on road open face helmet!
I have one but for off-road antics!

A bumble bee at 70mph in 1977 saw me wear my last on road open face helmet!
I have one but for off-road antics!

I got a wasp stuck between cheek and fullface helmet. After that couldn't get any helmet on for a few days!! :lol2::eek:

I have a Roof Boxer which I tend to take when I am abroad because I can't abide a full face helmet when it gets really hot in southern Europe. I also have a Bell which is a quality piece of kit:

603688_10151437131214816_35123443_n.jpg

Back