What do you want to see from RTL?

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Following on from a thread on DSC I've decided to run a poll on what you see as being important at RTL, we'll use this to tailor the event to what you want

Please vote once in each section


roads and riding select one from - very important, not bothered, no need for it

social ie Saturday night meal - select one from - very important, not bothered, no need for it
looking at bikes,meeting others at the meet place select one from - very important, not bothered, no need for it

would you be prepared to pay a fee for this? select from yes or no

Please post any other feedback in this thread. you can view current plans at www.ducati-upnorth.com/RTL2006.phpRaid the Lakes Preview
 
Last edited:
Good thinking Mike, as always :D , look forward to chatting later in the week, with the team !

I have some plans, gotta dash now, will look back later !
 
nice poll options Mike. Got here from the "National event" thread on DSC.
 
alane said:
nice poll options Mike. Got here from the "National event" thread on DSC.

I'd have liked more options but the first job is to establish the priorities, we can then get into detail. I'm hoping it will provoke feedback, RTL is an important Ducati event to northern members along with the DOC Northern rally we need to know what people expect if its to be a success. it would be good to get a few DSC members make their way over and contribute.... or DOC members come think of it.
 
DOC members I am sure will come, feedback from Gary........ you should join the DOC !

I have not replied.

Gary, If you are are reading and disagree please speak up mate !

I will have the craic with some DOC members, the local guys will be well up for it, politics, pah, grow up kids !
 
My thoughts added .........:D

To add my 'wishes' :

As this is about 6hrs rolling time (from home to Penrith) I'd like to arrive Fri afternoon, good craic on the Fri nite over food with a few others, good hoon - oops, I mean ride:) on the Sat.
Suggestion for riding option for the sat could be maybe 2 different ride leaders (fast/inters & 'steady as they go') type of thing? Then meet for lunch - then if anyone needs/wants to swap - or even get a map for returning to 'base' itsa noo problem?
Another evening chewing over the days riding, then head for home on the Sun (unless i can swing another day off from work)

C - who needs to revisit Hardknott, Windermere, Tebay - and Bassenthwaite:cool: amongst other old stomping grounds:D
 
They should all be covered, maybe not Hardknot but we will pass the road end, other than that thats exactly what we are planning !
 
fankyoo:D

now, just need dates... accom place to be booked - can kip in van if necessary - like we do for race meetings, but not nice if wet from riding:(
 
AK & CK said:
My thoughts added .........:D

To add my 'wishes' :

As this is about 6hrs rolling time (from home to Penrith) I'd like to arrive Fri afternoon, good craic on the Fri nite over food with a few others, good hoon - oops, I mean ride:) on the Sat.
Suggestion for riding option for the sat could be maybe 2 different ride leaders (fast/inters & 'steady as they go') type of thing? Then meet for lunch - then if anyone needs/wants to swap - or even get a map for returning to 'base' itsa noo problem?
Another evening chewing over the days riding, then head for home on the Sun (unless i can swing another day off from work)

C - who needs to revisit Hardknott, Windermere, Tebay - and Bassenthwaite:cool: amongst other old stomping grounds

Sorry I should have made the link clearer to the Preview Page on the main site. You'll find a brief description of what's planned there.

Rides is the biggest problem, last year was difficult and we'll have a lot more people attending in 2006. The logistics of a 2 group meet at lunchtime could be a problem, it means 2 circular routes which converge at a suitable location at the same amount of riding time, I'd hoped we could avoid it and instead return to one final meet place for the day then off to get ready for a meal. We need ride leaders and sweeper uppers.

Bike speed is also a major concern, last year it ranged from no light trackday bikes to 2 up tourers so it was difficult to judge. I took a small group out to play at higher speeds early saturday evening which seemed to work, this year I may do the same on Friday night instead.

i think the option of doing your own thing works as well, if we provide maps and descriptions it means you can go out with a small bunch of other bikes and pootle your way round taking more photos and enjoying the scenery

You'll be pleased to know its Appleby Horse fair weekend as well Charlotte so it might be worth an extra day off. That's great if you like horses, not so good when you find one stuck in the road half way around a blind corner :D
 
Appleby??:eek: nooooooooo!!

C, who was running her own equine business till 5 yrs ago, but always avoided Appleby HF!:eek:
 
AK & CK said:
Appleby??:eek: nooooooooo!!

C, who was running her own equine business till 5 yrs ago, but always avoided Appleby HF!:eek:


So you'll now go to it on a motorbike instead :D :D

the Sunday could be interesting, we'll have to avoid a few illegal trot races....
 
Well M&L (Gizmo & Linzi) have been out and about today checking out host venues, I have been up tonight and it looks fantastic, I cannot remember all the details but rest assured its looking good, routes will be good. accomm will be great, Hotel, B&B or Campsite including motorhome facilities. As for the photo opps on the lawn, well its the scene of dreams !

More to come from Gizmo or Linzi soon, book early, thats all I will say !
 
note from CK: my idea of camping these days includes a radiator, curtains, duvet - and hopefully an ensuite:D

C, not mucking about with 4 legged things on the Sunday:eek:
 
When you see it, there will be tears in your eyes, place is absolutley gorgeous, bring your ballgown gal !
 
AK & CK said:
note from CK: my idea of camping these days includes a radiator, curtains, duvet - and hopefully an ensuite:D

C, not mucking about with 4 legged things on the Sunday:eek:

How about Lakeside location, gardens going out onto lake edge and as used in the TV series "The Lakes"?? Campsite is about 800 metres up a lane also used in that series. We looked at 2 possibilities today and thats by far the nicest and the hotel seemed happy to have a load of bikes in the car park. Downside is its a wee bit pricey and as usual its a 2 night stay but there's plenty of other accommodation in Glendridding and Patterdale. They've got 2 function rooms, one seats 40 the big one 100. All we'd need to book it is confirmation that we'd take a function room for an evening meal, there's a number of menu options but it all starts at about £30 per head for a 5 course dinner.

Let me know what you think Inn on the Lake/
 
This is the potental campsite located here , the hotel is directly east on the lake shore and to the north of the Ghyill.

We'll have to confirm fairly quickly as they already have 1 wedding booked for that day but its finished by 8PM so we could have the room for dinner after it. Freak and Lil might take a look Friday or Saturday
 
Whats the craic with booking Mike, is it just a 'YES' or is money involved, I think I have an empty card that could be put up, I say GOGOGOGOGO !
 
yeah, we need to make sure we can get enough to get near filling the room, can't see that it'll be problem. We can sort it at the weekend, manager we spoke to seemed OK, he suggested that if anyone did stop on the 2 nights Dinner bed and breakfast deal that the "dinner" bit could be applied to the RTL meal on the Saturday. Biggest issue is this 2 nights deal at most hotels, will get a list of B and B's together as well and the campsite has a bunkhouse so that might be an option.
 
Freak said:
CK

If you want to stop on route you are more than welcome at ours :)

Fankyoo:cool:

as soon as date is def confirmed, I reckon we'll be booking the Fri off work, and pootling up the whole way tho on the Fri - aiming to arrive by early afty.
Prolly turn for hom on the Sunday tho:( cos AK not got enough days left for hols, cos of DD, Assen & trackdays etc

C, def a 2 nighter (Fri & Sat):cool:
 
Well I have just got back from meeting Gizmo, Linzi, Freak and Lily at the proposed venue, it is gorgeous, as I was in a hurry this morning I forgot my camera but there is a linky back up ^^^^^there somewhere.

I think we have finalised a date but that will be put in the thread that is at present still locked down.

Thanks to Mike and Jon for 'helping out' ! Whenever Jon and I meet he always ends up getting his hands dirty, fleet prefered garages all shut so its the spacesaver till Monday for me, doubt the car will be getting much use over the next couple of days anyway !

Thanks for lunch Giz, my shout next time !
 
Date now confirmed - 10/11 June, venue Glenridding - Ullswater, near Penrith, final details to be confirmed, we found a second possible venue that offered a slightly cheaper evening meal and has cafe more suited to bikes, wet weather ( not that it'll rain, oh no.) but the settting isn't quite as grand as the first one. I'll post more details later tonight or tomorrow.
 
Back
Top Bottom