Vista is coming

Not a dickie bird mate :(

No idea when Vista is out to be honest, later this year I guess... it's gonna be at least 300 rips.

Or you could sign up to MS Action Pack subscription and probably get 10 licenses for 200+VAT and more software than you could throw a stick at
 
Do a google for it mate, it's effectively a rolling 1 year license for most common MS Apps and OS's see below...

Product Title No. of licences No. of CALs
Microsoft Business Contact Manager Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard 1 10
Microsoft ISA Server 2004 1 10
Microsoft ISA Service Pack 1 Multilingual Pack Not Applicable
Microsoft Live Communication Server 2005 1 10
Microsoft MapPoint* 1 1
Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 1 Not Applicable
Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 1 10
Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft OneNote 2003 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Workgroup Edition 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition 1 10
Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition including Service Pack 1 1 10
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition 1 Not Applicable
Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services Standard 2003 1 Not Applicable
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition including Service Pack 1 1 10
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition including Service Pack 2 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition 10 Not Applicable
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition 10


You get about 4 updates for all of the above and service packs throughout the year, but after 12 months if you don't renew you're legally obliged to remove the SW
 
Yep, but anyone can do that...

I did it in 2005 but I couldn't renew my subscription for some reason, and even when I spoke to MS's "offshore" helpdesk they hadn't got a clue what I was on about, I'll renew as soon as Vista comes along I'd imagine.

Have a look here
 
Thought so ....

I've registered the company as a partner :thumbs:

So, should I go ahead and get the Action Pack sub now ... or wait until Vista pops out?

Got time to chat on phone?

I don't wanna @@@@ this up (for a change) ;)
 
I would have if I hadn't left my phone at Shaun's! :mad:

No idea if they'll swap from XP to Vista to be honest mate, maybe not at launch time anyway, PM me your number if you wanna chat
 
I believe that MS are saying that Vista may be available from July and that Longhorn is likely to be start of next year.

Office 12 should also be out by the end of this year and Exchange 12 early next year.
 
Lily said:
I believe that MS are saying that Vista may be available from July and that Longhorn is likely to be start of next year.

Office 12 should also be out by the end of this year and Exchange 12 early next year.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Longhorn is Vista....
 
Lily said:
Longhorn is the server o/s vista is the desktop.

that's my understanding anyway.

Have a read of the link.... it clearly states Longhorn was the codename... :p
 
Ok, from what I am being told in work it was known as Longhorn until named as Vista for the desktop but that the latest server part of it will not be released until early next year and has no specific name as yet.

But then again, given the knowledge in my company that could be highly inaccurate, even though we are MS partners.
 
Davieravie said:
Errrrrrrmmmm................WTF are you all talking about????? :confused:

Nothing to see here Davie.... move along!

You back now, you've been too quiet.... how's that £50M??? ;)
 
Freak said:
You back now, you've been too quiet.... how's that £50M??? ;)

All gone on wine, women and song. Back to work now and the brand new van that was promised to arrive on a 06 plate isnt at the dealers. The loan van that he promised me if the new one wasnt here is not availible either!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
 
Back
Top Bottom