Van conversion

Please don't shoot the messenger.
My brother ripped all his mineral wool insulation out as it traps damp air.
Loads of posts / threads about it on the campervan websites.
Yes I had a good read up on it. The insulation has to be mould resistant and natural fibre and the cavity has to be fully sealed and air tight to stop condensation hence the silver insulation to seal it.
It is a trial van that I won’t be keeping too long so if it’s a problem I’ll do it differently on the next one.
 
First panel fitted. I will be trimming the box section with angle beads.

V.webp
 
Unfortunately two days before collection we had to drop out, everything was in place, so very disappointing, my wife has encountered some serious health problems, we arrived back in the Uk a few weeks ago after being on the road for 7 months, she developed severe vertigo in Spain approx 8 weeks ago and it is getting worse, they haven’t been able to diagnose the cause, nhs has an 12/14 month waiting time for her needs , ( fucking ridiculous, this is just privatising by stealth) so gone private, did see an ent consultant who specialises in vertigo within a 2 week timeframe, 3 MRI ‘s now made, waiting for results, so once again it’s proven that it is best to enjoy life when you can, you never know what’s around the corner👍

Vertigo is horrible. I had a bad bout of it about 5/6 years ago...couldn't drive or ride for a few months. Luckily I live next to where I work so could still earn. Walking, I looked pissed.

Had scans and saw specialists...they couldn't find anything so said probably BPV - Benign Positional Vertigo - caused by something lodged in an inner ear canal. There are exercises to try and dislodge it but none worked for me - just had to wait while it went. Since then I can't sleep on my left side. I sometimes get the occasional (maybe twice a year) bout but to a much lesser extent thankfully - sometimes only lasting hours to a couple of days.

Has Mrs Fmd got any results back, better still I hope it's gone now?
 
How do you make the templates for the panels you have to cut? I’ve never done this (but that’s never stopped me before 🤣) and my van could do with being panelled.

Also how do you fix the panels to the van ? Tek screws?
I cut the main shape square then use paper or cardboard templates for the shaping. Yes Tek screws or self tapping screws in this case.
 
Vertigo is horrible. I had a bad bout of it about 5/6 years ago...couldn't drive or ride for a few months. Luckily I live next to where I work so could still earn. Walking, I looked pissed.

Had scans and saw specialists...they couldn't find anything so said probably BPV - Benign Positional Vertigo - caused by something lodged in an inner ear canal. There are exercises to try and dislodge it but none worked for me - just had to wait while it went. Since then I can't sleep on my left side. I sometimes get the occasional (maybe twice a year) bout but to a much lesser extent thankfully - sometimes only lasting hours to a couple of days.

Has Mrs Fmd got any results back, better still I hope it's gone now?
It is horrible, she can do very little atm as it is quite severe, still not had the results back from the 3 mri scans, we have seen a specialist privately, but he needs the scan results too, he doesn’t think that it is bpv, but who knows, tried all the exercises, to no avail, first time chiropractor tried she fell of the bench unconscious, very violent reaction, the wait to see a specialist through the NHS was estimated at 15 months, no wonder people die prematurely with serious but treatable conditions, it’s a fucking joke😡
Must be so annoying for you too that they never found the real cause and a solution, not something to get whilst riding or driving.
 
It is horrible, she can do very little atm as it is quite severe, still not had the results back from the 3 mri scans, we have seen a specialist privately, but he needs the scan results too, he doesn’t think that it is bpv, but who knows, tried all the exercises, to no avail, first time chiropractor tried she fell of the bench unconscious, very violent reaction, the wait to see a specialist through the NHS was estimated at 15 months, no wonder people die prematurely with serious but treatable conditions, it’s a fucking joke😡
Must be so annoying for you too that they never found the real cause and a solution, not something to get whilst riding or driving.

That does sound bad...I hope you get the results back pronto. Best wishes to you both for an solution.
 
See if Exi's got any floor boards that go on the ceiling left? At the momment it looks like big slabs of Herion being smuggled :)
 
See if Exi's got any floor boards that go on the ceiling left? At the momment it looks like big slabs of Herion being smuggled :)
You would need curved ones, mine were all flat, how about letting him have a bit of your carpet I’m saving you - it’s up off the stairs now 🙂
 
I hate being stupid and useless

If war broke out they would use me as a sandbag … so not totally useless, I guess
CTFY


...and you are never totally useless ... organs go for good money on the back market.
 
Finished some of the trimming today.
V1.webp

V2.webp
V3.webp

Bought some boxes for the cooking stuff, pots, plates etc.
V4.webp

Tomorrow I'm going to have a go at cutting the bulkhead down and carpeting it. I might go to the upholsterers if I get time to get a price on the bed/seat cushions.
I need to finish the bed/seat but the weathers not been fit as I need to paint it outside. I also need to fit the side window but will probably wait for warmer weather for the adhesive.
 
Finished some of the trimming today.
View attachment 71215
View attachment 71216View attachment 71217
Bought some boxes for the cooking stuff, pots, plates etc.
View attachment 71218
Tomorrow I'm going to have a go at cutting the bulkhead down and carpeting it. I might go to the upholsterers if I get time to get a price on the bed/seat cushions.
I need to finish the bed/seat but the weathers not been fit as I need to paint it outside. I also need to fit the side window but will probably wait for warmer weather for the adhesive.
New business ? 👍
 
Back
Top Bottom