Hello everyone
Was just reading in the "suggest someting to watch" thread and saw a few posts on people doing their own valve adjustmemts and belt replacement. I would like to know if you do your own belts and or valve adjust and what/how you set the tention. Please include what bike and year and speciality tools used. When I first started to look into buying a Ducati, I heard all the horror stories about how maintainence heavy and expensive they are to own and the voo doo magic involved in setting the clearances. After 15 years of ownership and over 30,000 miles, my bikes have been just as reliable as any Kwak, Suzi, Yammy or Honda I have owned.
Was just reading in the "suggest someting to watch" thread and saw a few posts on people doing their own valve adjustmemts and belt replacement. I would like to know if you do your own belts and or valve adjust and what/how you set the tention. Please include what bike and year and speciality tools used. When I first started to look into buying a Ducati, I heard all the horror stories about how maintainence heavy and expensive they are to own and the voo doo magic involved in setting the clearances. After 15 years of ownership and over 30,000 miles, my bikes have been just as reliable as any Kwak, Suzi, Yammy or Honda I have owned.