Touring and Living With A Panigale (any size..)

gogsy

New member
Folks - I'm looking to replace my multistrada 1200 next year - and would love to get back to a sports bike BUT I cover about 12 to 15k a year and wondered if anyone has experienced long term, high mileage and big(ish) tours on a Panigale....I'm not concerned about range but more the comfort? the ability to strap a reasonable amount of luggage on. I appreciate that the comfort will not be up with a Multistrada. I also wondered if anyone has tried fitting heli Bars and if so how succesful (difficult is it to do so)? Thanks
 
I did 600+ touring Ireland b&b rucksack & tank bag solo on panigale tricolor and loved it. I even prefared it to the fullblown tourer we use, maybe because I was solo!
 
I did over 800 miles round Scotland earlier this year over 3 days with ease! I had a ventura rack and a Kriega US-20 and US-5. There are a few options for luggage whether it be Ventura, or even SW Motech panniers.




I'm sure Teeny will chip in at some point about her Germany trip!

You could also look here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000338&page=1

or here:

http://ducati1299.com/ride-reports/19013-round-world-italian-supermodel.html

or here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808437

or here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22302114#post22302114

for some more extreme mileages!

Al.
 
Last edited:
yup 3000 miles of smiles on the baby 899... ventura rack system, with kriega luggage, no issues at all... below I just have 'our' waterproofs on the rack, and on the way home I ended up with some of his luggage too as his rear seat cowl decided to stay in Germany as it was enjoying it! found it easy to ride, bonded very well, did great on the autobahn, the only restricting limit we did find was that the bike could do over 100 miles out of a tank at over 100mph, but we had to stop to get off and stretch.. and blink... :flash: our limit was 100 ish miles travelling. On the bendy bends it was a great journey!


IMG_20140607_203611_zpsbzlfewoz.jpg
 
ps.
I managed 6000 miles on the panigale this season and around 7000 miles on the RC8... both ideal... and comfortable...
the only thing that needed adjusting was my chain.... :D
 
Hey... went out to Éperney France for a few days just threw a saddle bag over the back and went for it. i am getting on a bit but found my ducati 899 to be very comfortable, the ride is good i think although i have ridden a triumph daytona 995i for years so i guess i might just be used to it.
 
Hey everyone....thanks for the useful and informative responses. Certainly giving me something to think about and opens up the options. Time to book a test ride methinks!
 
Back
Top Bottom