Today - Easter Sunday !

dseered

New member
Fantastic turnout from the down South Up-Northers, only person I didn't see was Martyn748 - were did you get to eh ?

Kendal was alive with Ducati, I counted 22 Ducatis arriving at Costa Coffee much to the displeasure of the Barista, although I have to commend him on his fast service, our friendly local traffic warden was very fair so it was only fair to him that we moved off early, sorry to anyone who had to gulp their Coffee down.

Moving off in seperate groups from Kendal worked very well and I hope all of you enjoyed your ride in my back yard.

Rockjock, I didn't realise that you had binned it, you waved us past and it was only when we got to the cafe that I was told - what happened there ?

To all the new and already known faces up at Hartside top, was great to see you all and thanks to TWPD for the racing advice, hope was all OK fella, have tried ringing ?

Mike and Linzi, many thanks for the brew on the way back.

I went down to Devil's before coming home and reeled in some riders down the A6 on the way - got a tap on the shoulder at the bridge, here we go I thought - it was one of the riders from Shap, they go well them things he said - made me smile :D

Hope you all got home safe and I look forward to seeing you all again soon, what a great bunch of people :cool:
 
yeah, great turn out and great day! Thanks to eveyone who helped out holding me bike up at gas stops etc. nearly didn't come when the stand went this morning in the shed but glad i did! great to see everyone again and yet more new faces and poss some new recruits! Cheerss


BP
 
Pete, sorry to hear of your off but glad your OK, least you've got another thumb eh? :thumbs: ta for bringing the allen levers too :)
 
twaz a grand day - never got to say hello to most folk up there as usual :o
& what a refreshing breeze on the top
 
There has to be something said about the last post. I am wondering whether we need to post some mug shots tied in with the bike gallery as I also spend time asking people whats their user name and for what time we spend chatting can be a lot of time wasted. If folk knew what people looked like they could put a name to a picture/user name and approach people easier, thoughts everyone?:confused:
 
Hi Ian - it was gr8 to meet you. Sorry I missed your call but I left the phone under the seat. I had a decent ride back and it was amazing how the wind dropped and the temperature increased once I got off the high ground.

We should meet up more often as we're relatively "local" to one another. Although, I am not so sure about seeing so many Ducatis in one place at the same time - I was kinda getting used to my odd man out status up at the cafe!

;)

Good luck next weekend - I will be watching with interest.
 
Great day! Glad you're OK Pete. Thanks Ian for guiding us to Costa Coffee.[Do'nt forget to pick up you're commision!;) ] . Thanks Martin for guiding us back.
But thanks mainly to all I rode with and chatted to. Great bunch!:thumbs:
 
I was there, albeit a bit late, after a cock up with a fuel station, I DID put ultimate unleaded in as my Feckin receipt said I did, 2 miles later kput kput, nice AA man took me back to tha famous land mark fuel station that shall remain nameless, drained tank, lines etc, proper fule in and an hour and a half later I saw Ian coming the other way, soory to hear of the spills, see you all real soon..................
 
I was there, albeit a bit late, after a cock up with a fuel station, I DID put ultimate unleaded in as my Feckin receipt said I did, 2 miles later kput kput, nice AA man took me back to tha famous land mark fuel station that shall remain nameless, drained tank, lines etc, proper fule in and an hour and a half later I saw Ian coming the other way, soory to hear of the spills, see you all real soon..................


Cough - DIESEL :D
 
Glad folks had a good day out, shame we couldn't make it.

I keep seeing reference to Pete, but what happened and where/how?
 
Oi Bastid, go easy or I will tie you up by your undercarriage piercing !!! MMM maybe that's the whole point of it :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
 
HI all - nearly didnt make it up there having run extremley wide and nearly off the road about 1 mile befire the cafe... heart in the mouth and $hit in the pants moment...

I made it up there about 1pm where gale force winds were there to greet us, got a quick tea then legged it as had my face sandblasted with probable most of the car park and managed to throw half my tea down myself. :rolleyes:

I was gonna approach some ppl but as suggested in a prev post it's sometimes a bit awkward asking people who they are and what they're screen names are etc, think we should have badges made up for the next meet ;)

think i recognised Dseered (blue and red ducati leathers?) as i also went to Devils bridge after having been out to windemere...

Not a bad day out all in all, :)
 
OK OK OK, I hold my hands up - Muppet of the Month!

Sorry if it spoiled anyone's day, it certainly put a wrinkle in mine :D . Thankfully turned out well, it could have been worse. Good to meet lots of people, old faces and new alike. Thumb seems not broken but I will need female company for a week or so, otherwise indisposed :D :D :D Oh well, every cloud has a silver lining......... What a great turnout and what a great bunch of people, thanks everyone for making it a good (half) day out. Hope Pete and Abi recognised me as I waved them through Langwathby.

The journey home (in the truck) was quite interesting - Suicide Sam, the driver, almost had three crashes during the drive back! Sum total of damage (apart from pride) was wheel rim and clutch lever. Sorted already, replacements on way.
 
I have to agree with Desmo Degsy,

It was a good, fun and eventful day out. Great to ride with and meet everyone, see you all again soon. Oops lets not forget half way Pete (RJ who we left at the 'Shepherd Inn' or was that shepperding in in) too. Sorry mate couldn't resist the pun !!! ....
 
Someone said that Pete went lawnmowing on purpose next to the Pub?

Glad you're alright.
 
There has to be something said about the last post. I am wondering whether we need to post some mug shots tied in with the bike gallery as I also spend time asking people whats their user name and for what time we spend chatting can be a lot of time wasted. If folk knew what people looked like they could put a name to a picture/user name and approach people easier, thoughts everyone?:confused:
Me n Steve748 took mugshots of EVERYONE at RTL last year and watched Mikey load them onto his laptop. Where did they get to?
 
HI all - nearly didnt make it up there having run extremley wide and nearly off the road about 1 mile befire the cafe... heart in the mouth and $hit in the pants moment...

I made it up there about 1pm where gale force winds were there to greet us, got a quick tea then legged it as had my face sandblasted with probable most of the car park and managed to throw half my tea down myself. :rolleyes:

I was gonna approach some ppl but as suggested in a prev post it's sometimes a bit awkward asking people who they are and what they're screen names are etc, think we should have badges made up for the next meet ;)

think i recognised Dseered (blue and red ducati leathers?) as i also went to Devils bridge after having been out to windemere...

Not a bad day out all in all, :)


Yep that would have been me - seriously we don't bite, you should have said hello !
 
Fab, get your arse in gear and get out more. If you want to visit sunny Harrogate-on-Sea and get involved, have a natter, come and see me at the shop anytime. Saturdays are good, I'm open 9-5 and the kettle's always on - Ducatisti get priority. Check my webbie thingy for location.
 
Me n Steve748 took mugshots of EVERYONE at RTL last year and watched Mikey load them onto his laptop. Where did they get to?

They are in the archive somewhere however not everyone appreciates there name and face on the internet - I don't care :cool:
 
Yep that would have been me - seriously we don't bite, you should have said hello !

Fab, get your arse in gear and get out more. If you want to visit sunny Harrogate-on-Sea and get involved, have a natter, come and see me at the shop anytime. Saturdays are good, I'm open 9-5 and the kettle's always on - Ducatisti get priority. Check my webbie thingy for location.

Ah cheers guys :) i don't know why i didn't pop over, i was being a bit shy i guess, very unlike me :D

I will attempt to get out and mingle a bit mote this year.
 
Ah cheers guys :) i don't know why i didn't pop over, i was being a bit shy i guess, very unlike me :D

I will attempt to get out and mingle a bit mote this year.

Fab, at some point point we will have the craic - Biscuit & Potato ( Steve ) is in Dewsbury and we sometime just meet up for a brew at Devil's Bridge, keep an eye on the board or drop me a line and we can meet up.
 
Ah cheers guys :) i don't know why i didn't pop over, i was being a bit shy i guess, very unlike me :D

I will attempt to get out and mingle a bit mote this year.

Fab! wondered where youd got to, i knew i read somewhere you were coming but didnt see you at the RV's, did see a dark at Hartside mind but didn't put 2 & 2 together... next time eh?
 
Fab, at some point point we will have the craic - Biscuit & Potato ( Steve ) is in Dewsbury and we sometime just meet up for a brew at Devil's Bridge, keep an eye on the board or drop me a line and we can meet up.

Fab! wondered where youd got to, i knew i read somewhere you were coming but didnt see you at the RV's, did see a dark at Hartside mind but didn't put 2 & 2 together... next time eh?



Cheers Dseered will keep my eyes peeled :)

Wen up with a coule of non ducati buddies that i usually ride with, so made our own way up (route that we rode a fair bit last year) but got there a bit later than i'd planned. One of my buds was getting really f'off with the wind as he couldnt smoke as much as he wanted ;)

Twas me in the photo (cant wait for my all black leathers as these make me look fatter than i am ;) )

There was another Dark their too that i had noticed.
 
You were just coming in when I took that - wasnt sure if you were a DuNster.

now I know - see you out & about maybeee
 
Cheers Dseered will keep my eyes peeled :)

Wen up with a coule of non ducati buddies that i usually ride with, so made our own way up (route that we rode a fair bit last year) but got there a bit later than i'd planned. One of my buds was getting really f'off with the wind as he couldnt smoke as much as he wanted ;)

Twas me in the photo (cant wait for my all black leathers as these make me look fatter than i am ;) )

There was another Dark their too that i had noticed.

The other 'Dark' was mine. (I think). Sorry I didn't get to meet you to compare notes. I had a great day for my first DUN rideout, and a big thanks to all the people I met who were really friendly and wecoming! I can't wait for the next one! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom