This is the WEIRDEST conversation I think i've ever had!!

I don't know if anyone else has ever had this happen to them:-

A bloke I know quite well called Alex (sold a bike to him 2 years ago) comes into the store yesterday and the first thing he says.... well it goes like this:-

Me: Au-rite Alex, how ye doin mate?
Alex: So your not dead then?!?
Me: Eh?:eek:
Alex: I heard last week that you got killed on the Carbeth Road!
Me: What??:eek:
Alex: Aye, I was speaking to a guy that said the bloke that owned Ducati Glasgow that used to work in Specials was killed after hitting a car at speed on his bike???
Me: Feck, you're kidding!:eek:
Alex: Aye we were all sitting round having a drink to you at the pub!! When the guy told me, ah got this wave of darkness over me, I felt really bad!
Me: Feck Alex, i'm touched mate! (feeling a bit weird that these boys have been talking aboot me in the PAST tense):eek:
Alex: Aye, well i'm glad it wiz a load of sheet!
Me: ME TOO!:o
Alex: Oh well, i'm off back to work mate, i'll be in soon, thinkin about getting somethin new maybe!
Me: See ya mate!

It's only when I went back to my desk and sat down I thought! Jeez, that was surreal.
Then all these strange thoughts entered my head like, I wonder what people would be saying (i'm sure there would be a few delighted folks!!:D) if I was infact dead, at my funeral etc!:(

It was only a 2 minute conversation but it strangely totally screwed up my day, i'm still reeling from it now.:fou:

Just thought I would "share" with my DuN buddies, maybe i'll feel better now!!!:o
 
Last edited:
Oy!!

Grow a bloody head mate

Take 2 slaps and call the quack in the morning

Now, you've got some plans to get sorted (and a cement mixer to sell) so get a finger out before it's too late.

(best stay off the Carbeth Road a while as well)

Bloody cryin' tae yer maw - whit you aw aboot eh??
 
Scottch said:
(best stay off the Carbeth Road a while as well)

Bloody cryin' tae yer maw - whit you aw aboot eh??

I know mate, i'm just a big jessie!!!!!:D :D

Ye can sell yer own cement mixer for they comments!;)
 
Last edited:
Thats Weird, never had that happen to me but I remember being a little lad and my dad was very Ill for a long time. He was in Hospital and I remember a lady coming in the back yard with some flowers and knocking on the back door, my mum answered the door and was soon crying and the lady was off back down the yard still with the flowers in her hand. I remember her not telling me at the time what was going on but later heard her telling my auntie that the lady had heard my dad had died and was paying her respects. My mum says now that she got a load of symphathy cards in the post a couple of days later which she chucked in the fire.

Needless to say my dad recovered came home and thought the whole thing very amusing.
 
Something along the same lines happened to me in 1999 I'd actually literally an hour before picked up my Integra from the Honda's dealers so I was howling around in that getting to know my new car when the phone started ringing... this was the first of several phone calls all making sure I was still alive.

Turns out the local paper had a story about a guy with the same name and lived in the same town and rode a bike had been tragically killed not far from a pub some 15 miles away which I used to go in so everyone who read it assumed it was me and thus they all started calling me... it was quite strange knowing someone else with pretty much identical details as me had been killed
 
Final Destination 3 is out in the cinema on Friday.......I would stay in you lot and wrap yourselves in bubble wrap. Anyone wantiing to leave me anything in their wills before you all go???? ;) ;) :D :D
 
Freak said:
Something along the same lines happened to me in 1999 I'd actually literally an hour before picked up my Integra from the Honda's dealers so I was howling around in that getting to know my new car when the phone started ringing... this was the first of several phone calls all making sure I was still alive.

Turns out the local paper had a story about a guy with the same name and lived in the same town and rode a bike had been tragically killed not far from a pub some 15 miles away which I used to go in so everyone who read it assumed it was me and thus they all started calling me... it was quite strange knowing someone else with pretty much identical details as me had been killed


Weird, I would never phone a dead guy !
 
had a similar conversation a while back Martin. Went into the pub with the wife and this guy is starin at me for a while. Eventually I politely asked him if there was a problem. He says - are you no deed - hard to answer that but I said "nope" why ? He says I used to work with you about 20 years ago and heard about 10 years ago that you had been murdered so when you walked in the pub I thought I was seein things. Had a good laugh about it and I'm still here so dont go gettin psychobabbled about it at least the guy came into the shop to check ( maybe he thought there might be a sale on?)
 
Had summat similar back in the 80's. I had a fall off my bike and ended up thumping up the kerb on my ar*e, bl00dy hurt too.
Anyway, Feds call the Mrs, your husband's in Gillingham hospital, he's OK but he's broken his pelvis. Like breaking a pelvis is alright.
Load of cods anyway, I hadn't but had a couple of days of work coz I couldn't walk.
When I went in to work later that week I was in early because the bike was stiffed and I used the train.
Walking up the corridor I saw the tea girl (yes we used to have one that brough tea and cakes round) she dropped what she was carrying and screamed which brought a few others out of the offices. They all stared like they'd seen a ghost. As far as they were concerned they had; someone had phoned work the day I'd had the fall and said I'd been killed in that road accident!

Ains.
 
weird

reminded me of a horrific dream i had the other night- was out on my bike (in normal clothes) when some little thread came loose on my trousers, this then got all caught up in the bike somehow and ended up chopping my leg off at mid shin! the blood was pumping out everywhere and all i could remember thinking was that i was so gutted that i couldn't ride my bike again. Woke up in such a panic- :eek: :eek:

not a nice start to the day!

was a similar story down our way a while back when some guy actually had to take an ad out in the local paper to say that he was alive- after the church had started posting notices for his death! turns out it was his uncle of the same name that had died but everyone had thought it was the nephew- i would have gone along with it and cashed in on the life insurance!
 
ive had a few folk come in to say they wanted to kill me over the years but nobody to check if i was dead.......the wife has a recurring dream about me dying tho.....she isnt half upset by it especially when she wakes up and sees its no true
 
Back
Top Bottom