Thieving guinesses

Dox

Elite Member
Subscriber
My bikes live outside, under covers. Monster chains and locks, big heavy duty disc locks and a cable and lock between the two.
The car park has a 5+ foot wall around it, with electric auto close gates. There’s also a side gate up four steps leading into an alley.
It’s overlooked by 11 flats which are in the compound.
A guy in one of the flats had his moped stolen last night. They must’ve had a blipper for the electric gates.
They’ve had a go at the cable on my bikes and undone the covers, so they knew about the other devices but tried to separate the bikes anyway, which makes me think they were looking to lift them into a van.
The cable did well - they’d gone through the moped guy’s chain easy enough by the look of it -probably about 7mm - lot smaller than mine.

I didn’t hear a thing and my bedroom has a window facing where the moped parked.

IMG_6848.webp

IMG_6847.webp
 
My bikes live outside, under covers. Monster chains and locks, big heavy duty disc locks and a cable and lock between the two.
The car park has a 5+ foot wall around it, with electric auto close gates. There’s also a side gate up four steps leading into an alley.
It’s overlooked by 11 flats which are in the compound.
A guy in one of the flats had his moped stolen last night. They must’ve had a blipper for the electric gates.
They’ve had a go at the cable on my bikes and undone the covers, so they knew about the other devices but tried to separate the bikes anyway, which makes me think they were looking to lift them into a van.
The cable did well - they’d gone through the moped guy’s chain easy enough by the look of it -probably about 7mm - lot smaller than mine.

I didn’t hear a thing and my bedroom has a window facing where the moped parked.

View attachment 101630
View attachment 101631
This is pricey but could well be the answer!!

 
My bikes live outside, under covers. Monster chains and locks, big heavy duty disc locks and a cable and lock between the two.
The car park has a 5+ foot wall around it, with electric auto close gates. There’s also a side gate up four steps leading into an alley.
It’s overlooked by 11 flats which are in the compound.
A guy in one of the flats had his moped stolen last night. They must’ve had a blipper for the electric gates.
They’ve had a go at the cable on my bikes and undone the covers, so they knew about the other devices but tried to separate the bikes anyway, which makes me think they were looking to lift them into a van.
The cable did well - they’d gone through the moped guy’s chain easy enough by the look of it -probably about 7mm - lot smaller than mine.

I didn’t hear a thing and my bedroom has a window facing where the moped parked.

View attachment 101630
View attachment 101631
Would sir be interested in some 'firearms' :unsure:
 
A ground anchor and a good chain, it saved me getting my 900ie getting nicked years ago and a front brake lock!!

One could always relocate to a nicer neighbourhood - may I recommend an AB postcode for instance :unsure: can't remember the last time I locked anything overnight :LOL:

Smug ;)
 
We've got an unused apartment directly below mine, but it's getting it in there as there's a wall a few feet opposite the door.

Other than that I could stick one in a building at my bro's house, but that's 15 miles away. But I rarely ride it these days so might do that.
 
We've got an unused apartment directly below mine, but it's getting it in there as there's a wall a few feet opposite the door.

Other than that I could stick one in a building at my bro's house, but that's 15 miles away. But I rarely ride it these days so might do that.
They will quite likely come back in the not too distant future so it will be well worth moving both if you can. I know that`s a hassle for spontaneous rides but less hassle than dealing with a theft. Are there any garages or small units near you for rent at sensible prices ?
 
Some piece of shit was in the process of trying to burgle my stepsons house 2 days ago and his partner Mel got a ping on her phone from their security camera when the bitch went into their entrance. It is one of those ones you can talk over and Mel unloaded on her. 11min later the cops were there and tracked her with a K9. The p.o.s. had the gall to complain to the cops, much to their amusement, that Mel had offended her! Love to know what she said, maybe I should ask her?😁😁😁
 
Some piece of shit was in the process of trying to burgle my stepsons house 2 days ago and his partner Mel got a ping on her phone from their security camera when the bitch went into their entrance. It is one of those ones you can talk over and Mel unloaded on her. 11min later the cops were there and tracked her with a K9. The p.o.s. had the gall to complain to the cops, much to their amusement, that Mel had offended her! Love to know what she said, maybe I should ask her?😁😁😁

I was going to ask if anyone has experience with CCTV systems / monitoring services etc as the boss said can spend a few grand on security. People have had pushbikes nicked from here before, and it's full of our staff cars 8am to 5pm.
 
I was going to ask if anyone has experience with CCTV systems / monitoring services etc as the boss said can spend a few grand on security. People have had pushbikes nicked from here before, and it's full of our staff cars 8am to 5pm.
We were burgled in 2016 and subsequently installed an alarm, cameras inside and outside and also covered the downstairs windows in a film that holds broken glass in place to prevent access.. Shortly after the burglary we were visited by what I`m certain was potential burglar but one of the cameras caught him clearly looking into it and then off he went.
The camera that monitors the barn where I keep my bikes is Tuya Smart, I`m not sure of the model but it detects motion and sends me a message , it swivels to follow movement and lights up at night when it detects movement so a very good deterrent so far. We also get fantastic wildlife pictures on it occasionally which is a bonus.
That said if the thieves really want whatever it is and are determined they will probably get it.
 
I went with these:

They make a longer core I believe @ 150 that might work with 2 bikes.

I recently learned MD doesn't not have Stand your ground laws. If someone breaks into my residence I must try escape before using lethal force. 🤬
 
A friend of a friend has a storage facilty and they've just bought a load of brand new shipping containers - it's only about 4 miles away and just off one of my favoured ride out routes. Not cheap though - £78 / month for an 8 x 7 or £104 for a 10 x 8. I'm going to have a look at lunchtime.
 
We were burgled in 2016 and subsequently installed an alarm, cameras inside and outside and also covered the downstairs windows in a film that holds broken glass in place to prevent access.. Shortly after the burglary we were visited by what I`m certain was potential burglar but one of the cameras caught him clearly looking into it and then off he went.
The camera that monitors the barn where I keep my bikes is Tuya Smart, I`m not sure of the model but it detects motion and sends me a message , it swivels to follow movement and lights up at night when it detects movement so a very good deterrent so far. We also get fantastic wildlife pictures on it occasionally which is a bonus.
That said if the thieves really want whatever it is and are determined they will probably get it.

People accessing the flats would be setting it off...I'd be getting messages all the time. Looking into a monitored cctv system - haven't a clue what they cost yet.
 
I went with these:

They make a longer core I believe @ 150 that might work with 2 bikes.

I recently learned MD doesn't not have Stand your ground laws. If someone breaks into my residence I must try escape before using lethal force. 🤬
Your State's legislature is part of a criminal gang, working in concert with other criminals. You need to leave MD.

Move to Florida or some other "he looked at me funny, Judge"-"OK, case dismissed" state.
 
A friend of a friend has a storage facilty and they've just bought a load of brand new shipping containers - it's only about 4 miles away and just off one of my favoured ride out routes. Not cheap though - £78 / month for an 8 x 7 or £104 for a 10 x 8. I'm going to have a look at lunchtime.
You'll need at least a 10' to get the bikes in, we actually have a 20' container (came with the house) which I would like to sort out and get a bike lift in - but for now it's full of 'stuff' :ROFLMAO:
 
My bikes live outside, under covers. Monster chains and locks, big heavy duty disc locks and a cable and lock between the two.
The car park has a 5+ foot wall around it, with electric auto close gates. There’s also a side gate up four steps leading into an alley.
It’s overlooked by 11 flats which are in the compound.
A guy in one of the flats had his moped stolen last night. They must’ve had a blipper for the electric gates.
They’ve had a go at the cable on my bikes and undone the covers, so they knew about the other devices but tried to separate the bikes anyway, which makes me think they were looking to lift them into a van.
The cable did well - they’d gone through the moped guy’s chain easy enough by the look of it -probably about 7mm - lot smaller than mine.

I didn’t hear a thing and my bedroom has a window facing where the moped parked.

View attachment 101630
View attachment 101631
They will be back, more ground anchor en a maritime chain required? 👍
 
Jat & Wayne are at a loose end - perhaps you could borrow their deterrent?

<iframe src="Tank GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="341" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Looks like your chain did well - I have an Kovix audible disk lock alarm which is pretty loud but not sure it would wake me up! (great for on holiday though ) along with a ground anchor and heavy duty chain and a big dog!
 
Back
Top Bottom