Sunday Run 12th November

Fergie

New member
I'm going out this Sunday for what could be the last good day before the white stuff drops.

9/9-30 leave.
Up Loch Lomondside, military road, twisty bit to Arrochar and tea.
Inveraray for late breakfast.
Tyndrum for tea/fuel.
Home by 2pm before it gets cold.

BBC Weather say 11 deg and sunny intervals.

Any takers?

Call me on 07920-452552.
 
I'm goin oot tae get blootered :beer: :beer: Sat night Fergie.
I'd have been up fur it,but:drunk: :faint: :sleep:
 
But feggie the military rd has corners(gasp)and the twisty bit(the washboard)has jumps someone may(probably)get fed up sitting behind you and OVERTAKE!! you crazy fool(in BA Voice)..
Now you try (without using the same old tired drivel)go on go on go on!!
 
Well my little chum, why not put your WSB challenging skills to the test and join me. If I hold you up then you can come back here and tell everyone what a plodder I am!
Who knows! We may even enjoy ourselves, become firm friends and stop all this petty prattling!

9am at my house ok?
 
Can't do china as am off to Crescent Suzuki in deepest Bournmouth tomorrow to order 2 new K7 1000's and a K7 600 for the race team.Getting the whole tour as they have the GP/WSB/BSB bikes in the workshop at the mo.
And please please please don't stop the petty prattling as it's the funniest thing on here..I thought I was a good friend to you until you told me you had another boo-hoo!;)
 
Team?
What Team?
Team as in the sense of a band of bad ass guys?
Why buy the Fag Packet replicas when you now know they will get trounced by the new 1098!

Anyway. Back to work.:D
 
fergie said:
Team?
What Team?
Team as in the sense of a band of bad ass guys?
Why buy the Fag Packet replicas when you now know they will get trounced by the new 1098!

Anyway. Back to work.:D
Ah the ramblings of a misguided marketing victim.
I thought a cynic such as yourself would have seen through all the hype.:doh:
 
I'm not sure what you mean by hype?
And I'm not sure what you mean by team? Is it a gang? Like the Red Hand Gang? Or the Famous Five? Can I be in it?

I'm really good at solving mysterys!!!
 
I run a team in the Scottish road championship,you know racing/overtaking/going fast stuff like that.Next year we will be competing in the
British championship(Superstock+Supersport)and therefore we are purchasing new bikes After running the Yam for the last 2 years we have decided to switch to Suzuki(I'm sure the 1098 will do well in superstock next year;) )I just feel sorry for those who purchased 999's this year especially as Ducati didn't seem to care about residuals when releasing details about the new bike and saying how disapointed they have been in the 749/999 range.IMO the 749/999 are far better road bikes than the previous range but as has been shown image is everything for some folk>>>>
 
berto said:
I just feel sorry for those who purchased 999's this year >>>

Errrr - why? They still are exceedingly good bikes with a huge following and some still prefer them to the 916/996/998 and 1098. There will always be a market for them especially for those who cannot afford a brand new bike.
We have sold many Superbikes since it was public knowledge there was a new machine around the corner. Remember the speculation has been around for literally months.

Time / technology moves on. Sure residuals will be affected but isn't every manufacturers when a machine is superceeded????? Look at some of the competitors bike deals every 12 - 18 months or so, especially round new model time.

Ducati have a reputation for staying power with their models. Nearly a decade with the 916 shape and 4 years for the 999. Very few manufacturers do that. To me, that goes a good way to continue looking after their customers.

berto said:
especially as Ducati didn't seem to care about residuals when releasing details about the new bike and saying how disapointed they have been in the 749/999 range>>>

The factory are dissapointed about sales in that range, that much is blatantly obvious to all and sundry. Superbike sales have dropped in comparison previous years. What do you think they should do - just keep producing a bike thats sales have not been what they wanted / needed? Or develop it - when the majority of the potential buyers / journalists / current owners have been very vocal they wanted an evolution of the previous design?

Ducatis accounts are public, both their shareholders and investors want to sell bikes to make money. If that isn't happening they want to know why and what they can do to counteract that!!
This is business, not personal - although it may feel that way to some.
I'm sure we as customers would prefer to see our favourite brand survive profitably & successfully.
Any market analyst could see a change was needed, I don't really think any of us is truly surprised to see a new bike at this time.

I know for a fact (after having the benefit of speaking to those in the factory face to face) Ducati are not happy about the scenario but they find themselves between a rock and a hard place. What else can they do?

After all thats what it's all about. Bike sales. Ducati has a very wealthy and brand new investor - they will be looking for a return on their money.

When our customers buy a new bike - every one of them realise that it will depreciate immediatley, that is the motor industry. Most of them also know what residuals are in the market at that same time, they have done their homework before buying new. They are not stupid, they know what they are doing. I mean they have probably walked by quite a few used machines as they come through our store.

berto said:
IMO the 749/999 are far better road bikes than the previous range>>>

Totally agreed, we two are not the only people that think that way, that's why there will always be a market for them.
 
Holy Cromoly Batman!

I only asked if anyone wanted to go for a run on Sunday!!!!

And we have......

Berto runs a team. The next Pons of Cumbernauld.
The 1098 has problems and has buried Ducati BEFORE the launch!
999 residuals are plummeting and BIG BAD BERTO cares.
1098 ineligble for all championships.....cos BERTO said so!

Oh my God! My doctor warned me about this! It is so easy to see how wars start.



FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT DOES ANYONE.....ANYONE.....EVEN BERTO.....WANT TO GO FO A FRICKIN RIDE ON SUNDAY OR NOT???????

Its a yes or no question. Yes or No. Anything else just keep it in your head.
 
suday run

should be able to make inverary fergie,
but walking the dog first so 9.30 is a bit tight.
what time r u talkin for inverary?
give me a bell!
 
jonny ducati said:
should be able to make inverary fergie,
but walking the dog first so 9.30 is a bit tight.
what time r u talkin for inverary?
give me a bell!
Your'e not taking a picture of it's @rse on the way round are you?:confused: (See "craic" thread!) No, I don't want to see the photos!!:eek:
 
jesus

239desmo said:
Your'e not taking a picture of it's @rse on the way round are you?:confused: (See "craic" thread!) No, I don't want to see the photos!!:eek:
i,ve already checked looks like pete burns on a good day!
 
hahahah the banter on here never fails to amuse! i would love to have got the bike out for one last blast before the winter but i think the guy who is respraying it has dropped off the face of the earth...mibbe a good thing considering my job situation at the moment! therefore to get the thread back on track, i wont be out and about before next year now:mad: have a good run though - if anyone decides to go and i hope the weather's slightly better than it is today!
 
I arrive on my private plane into Cumbernauld Aerodrome tomorrow morning to talk to Team Berto about the possibility of buying a ride in the superstock next year.
I'll call my old mate Martin at Ducati Glasgow and see if he can loan me a ride and I'll come with you Fergie. I've heard that you are indeed a demon on two wheels and a real hit with the ladies, so perhaps a nice sedate ride then into town for a few swift ones? Perhaps maybe take the jet over to Dublin? I'm a billionaire so anything is within reach. I'll PM Berto to see if he can fit me in a bit earlier. I believe dani is in at around 10am so anytime after that and before Casey should be OK.

And let me get you a drink in the Virtual Bar. Midori and Coke as usual??
 
Hope the white stuff doesn't drop soon. I'm going up the Orkneys tomorrow on my Multistrada for a week ! Don't think I'll hit Scotland until 12:00 noon and then hopefully Aberdeen for the 5:00pm ferry.
 
tell me you saw sense and didnt go out in that weather today? i stayed in and nursed my hangover in the warmth and comfort of the house - by far the best plan judging by the wind and rain out there!
 
nic6196 said:
tell me you saw sense and didnt go out in that weather today? i stayed in and nursed my hangover in the warmth and comfort of the house - by far the best plan judging by the wind and rain out there!

Yup!
Got up and out at 9am!
Made Inveraray then to Tyndrum. Met some guys I hooked up with a few weeks ago and went back to Inveraray with them. Then down to Arrochar and over back to Loch Lomond. All in all it was a great day. Wet but really nice clean roads. Virtually no traffic too.
219 miles all in!
Missed Ducati Johnny again! Mate we are gonna hev to get our mobiles in sync! I'll PM you later!

Now sitting having a beer. Did anyone find out if Team Berto managed to make a signing???
 
I have a spare one.

If you are brave enought to come out next week, I'll be brave enough to lend it to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom