Sunday 3rd Sept - Yorks Region Rideout

rockjock620

New member
First Sunday of the month, rideout to do. I am going to do the run up to Glentress where I am meeting some buddies and may go mountain biking, for a couple of hours. On the other hand I may get there and only feel capable of breakfast duties :) . Whatever I do, others will have the option of a quick squirt around some of the best roads in the area, meeting back up for afternoon tea at the Hub Cafe, before we head for home, via a much different route. I think I will be going up the West and back down the East side. Any takers? Join us for even part of the route?
 
oops nearly forgot - I'll be on me Monster, 996 now retired for service and TLC. So the pace may be a little more sedate :) or not :D ! Hope to be tucking in me bib by about 1100 at the latest.
 
rockjock620 said:
oops nearly forgot - I'll be on me Monster, 996 now retired for service and TLC. So the pace may be a little more sedate :) or not :D ! Hope to be tucking in me bib by about 1100 at the latest.
Sedate??? is that in your vocabulary. I'll be there.:thumbs:
 
Just had a thought there boys. If I do get out pedling would you like to take my crew out for a blast round the area. I'm sure they would welcome that and it wouldn't exactly be hardship for you either.
 
What with riding there and back from N. yorks around 100miles would suit me. Maybe a bit more weather permitting. Maybe some of the westward riding I missed last week?? Whatever I'm sure it will be good, judging from last week.
What say others?
 
kdblamire said:
What sort of milage would they like to do,give us a clue and we could put a nice little loop together for them.:thumbs:
As Sticky says, 100 or so, a tank of gas worth would be great. It might take less than three hours, which is the sort of time I might be pedalling. It will give them more time for afternoon tea though! Let's see about the weather as well.
 
What route do you have in mind, Duncan ?. Please let's not go anywhere near Flodden or places they park cars up in the trees..
 
Nice wee trundle !. How about doing Peebles to Leadburn via Blyth Bridge, or even the turnoff to Romanno Bridge before you get to Blyth Br though ?. I know we did it last week but that Peebles-Edinburgh road is pretty boring....
 
great news - it's persisting it down here now! What's good about that? It should blow over by tonight and tomorrow will be nice.
 
kdblamire said:
A proposal for the Yorkshire squad tomorrow ,if your coming up the A68 we could meet you at the Carterbar and give you a we taster of the delights to come after breakfast, by leading you up to Glentress via a couple exciting and scenic roads, it would probably add 15 to 30 min to your journy,if you fancy it give us an idea what time you expect to be at the border so I can be ready with a quick bung for passport controll.;)
OK Dunc, leaving here at 0730, we will come up via Leyburn, Richmond, Barnard Castle, Eggleston, Stanhope, Edmundbyers to pick up the A68 just west of Consett, where the B6278 joins it. That will give us 50 miles or so to Carter Bar. ETA Carter Bar 10.30/1045. Does that sound OK? We have a total of minus none mountain biking now (bunch of limp wristed shirt lifting nonces) so I am free to be in your capable hands for the remainder of the day! :D
 
Slashing down in Fife :(

Got soaked yesterday, not gonna get soaked today again.

If you guys do go out, ride safe!
 
Trust you chappies all got back to base safely today and enjoyed a bit of sunshine down through the Borders ?
 
Back
Top Bottom