Stafford Show

239desmo

Is it nearly bedtime?
Are there any plans to put in a presence at this either as DUN or individually?
DOC had a stand last year and seemed to attract a lot of interest. Presumably much too late to organise a stand etc but is anyone planning turning up from around the country this time?
 
239desmo said:
Are there any plans to put in a presence at this either as DUN or individually?
DOC had a stand last year and seemed to attract a lot of interest. Presumably much too late to organise a stand etc but is anyone planning turning up from around the country this time?

I was there exhibiting with the boys last year too!!! (April one) Shiny Imolas!!
 
Last edited:
I'd intended going down but we might take a short biking break upnorth instead :D

As upnorth isn't an official club doing stuff like Stafford and booking stands is a bit beyond us and this is what the Owners Clubs can provide. The DOC helped promote Upnorth at the BMF show and I'm sure would welcome any upnorth user who wanted to show their bike or is attending( i know you are a DOC member Desmo :) )
 
padge said:
yep,i'll be there,as a "stand representitive"..for the doc,whatever that means:dunno:

Yup Padge, it means you stand around being representative.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Not sure if I'll have the SP4S back for the show. Ask the girls back home to phone up and get the full SP on the bike.
Be a year to the day I got out of hospital, the day I get back this time (17th Oct).

Ains.
 
Ains. said:
Yup Padge, it means you stand around being representative.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Not sure if I'll have the SP4S back for the show. Ask the girls back home to phone up and get the full SP on the bike.
Be a year to the day I got out of hospital, the day I get back this time (17th Oct).

Ains.

cheers ains,that's really cleared things up!;) standings what i'll do then:D
 
Can anyone get the Up North banner to me ??? I will put it up at Stafford along with some leaflets. A few of us a re camping Fri and Sat, should be a good laugh again, let me know if anyone is coming, stand is full on the bike front though. Hope tohave Moto GP game on also.
 
I'll be throwing my head in at some point over the weekend. Probably Sunday. I'll have a shopping list as well........:D
Gary.
 
We shall have 14 bikes there ( would be quite a few more but too little space is allocated to us as it is!)

Earliest is 1948 right through to 2006 GT:eek: with most model types represented in between.

Everyone is welcome.

Come and sample Annie's tea :tea: and cakes and some 'anorak' :nerd: chat with the stand members.
 
arj said:
We shall have 14 bikes there ( would be quite a few more but too little space is allocated to us as it is!)

Earliest is 1948 right through to 2006 GT:eek: with most model types represented in between.

Everyone is welcome.

Come and sample Annie's tea :tea: and cakes and some 'anorak' :nerd: chat with the stand members.
Looking forward to weekend and will take up kind offer of tea and anal discussions on all things Ducati! :D Mind you it might get a bit nasty come auction time and we're all bidding on the same bikes!:p
 
239desmo said:
Looking forward to weekend and will take up kind offer of tea and anal discussions on all things Ducati! :D Mind you it might get a bit nasty come auction time and we're all bidding on the same bikes!:p
It won't get nasty, Desmo. I'm shopping for Jap parts. I have this urge to pollute the neighbourhood with fumes from Kawasaki triples. It's time they worked again (If only for a mile or two...) :D
 
gary888 said:
It won't get nasty, Desmo. I'm shopping for Jap parts. I have this urge to pollute the neighbourhood with fumes from Kawasaki triples. It's time they worked again (If only for a mile or two...) :D
Oh it might! I bought a highly desirable Jap 2 stroke last year with full MOT and still had change out of £200! OK I lied about "highly desirable!! Who knows what may be tempting this year? Also curious to see if we can repeat the trick of knocking over a row of bikes at the auction like a pile of dominos!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Starting with the AJS at £8000 and working the way down the line to the pre-war harley at £15000. It all happened in slow motion and I was closest to the action. Holy @@@@ did not get close to the reaction!:eek: :eek: :eek:
 
Going there on saturday. Was planning on looking for a nice RD125LC to restore over winter, but just bought yet another UK NC30 which will leave me skint.
Am going with my dad who is a elite / 250 / 350 hoarder and restorer, hopefully he wond find any more to buy and will get the urge to give me the money to find a nice LC
 
239desmo said:
Is there a prize for furthest travelled visitor/member?:D :D :D

Sure, we'll take your wallet off you before you visit Mark Parfait's Ducati stand!
That's got to be worth at least £200 minimum!
 
Biscuitandpotato said:
biscuit/cake hey :watchout:
Hey Davie, are you watching this thread? FREE cake/biscuit! Instant food parcel and you get to look at bikes at the same time!:lol2:
 
Back
Top Bottom