Some excellent news, beers on me........

ScottyB

New member
Sorry to take the light off Freak's good news but it appears that the DUN troops should be picking the Lottery numbers this week...........

I have just got the news i have been waiting for after 8 months of hell at work.

I have been given my bosses job after he left the company and went to Qatar.

The selection process was a nightmare, with test after test and countless 3 and 5 person panel interviews.

With it comes a HUGE pay rise, relocation to Aberdeen and a nice fat car allowance. They were excellent in giving us 52 weeks to relocate which gives Monica time to arrange a transfer to the Aberdeen office with her job.

More importantly i will now be working direct for Maersk Oil rather than as a Sub Contractor through a Manpower services company so my job is a thousand times more secure...............

The beers are well and truelly on me.

I just need to learn to speak Danish now so i can understand what the hell everyone in the office is talking about.............

Only problem is decoding what my job title ACTUALLY means............

Management Systems Advisor???????

Answers on a postcard.

ScottyB;)
 
Better get a barrel in mate looks like a busy day :D just make sure you've nailed it down for when Davie appears ;)

Congrats matey
 
Nice one, I like seeing the nice guys getting a break :D

Well done mate, you're a star. I may have to join you in a few thousand beers - I'll race you to incomprehensibility!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
 
I am already there TP, just cracked a bottle of "Ice cold" Russian Voddie and a splash of Irn Bru, ah the joy's.

By the time Monica gets back at 6 from work i will be Ga Ga......:thumbs:
 
ScottyB said:
By the time Monica gets back at 6 from work i will be Ga Ga......:thumbs:
nowt new there then :p

Congrats matey..... but Aberdeen??? that's really up north ain't it??

Isn't that where YIFE lives?
 
i'm off to buy that lottery ticket :)

nice one Scotty it sounds like its been worth all the interviews etc to get it :D
 
Lily said:
nowt new there then :p

Congrats matey..... but Aberdeen??? that's really up north ain't it??

Isn't that where YIFE lives?

Yeah really up north and they speak REALLY weird........all "Fit Like min" and "furry boots"

Does it mean if i move up there i need to start shagg1ng sheep?????

I suppose Davie can teach me....;)
 
ScottyB said:
I am already there TP, just cracked a bottle of "Ice cold" Russian Voddie and a splash of Irn Bru, ah the joy's.

By the time Monica gets back at 6 from work i will be Ga Ga......:thumbs:

Woohoo! I'm at work .... :(

But, I'll have a beer or two tonight :D

I never rang you back to thank you for your extremely generous offer recently. I must admit I was a little gobsmacked at the extent of your generosity and I feel ashamed for not calling you back later to thank you.

Sorry mate.

Beers are on me.
 
Well done Scotty.....maybe you can join us and afford yerself a bike now!!! :thumbs:

I'll have a bottle of Krug off you.......to wet the the open top bus and silverware through Gorgies pastures on Sunday!!! :D :D :D
 
Well done Scotty!

I know it's been hellish for you going through all those interviews - but it's paid off at long last eh!

Good for you mate - I'll be sorry to see you moving up north, but I guess it's only fair that the stirlingshire mutton trade is allowed to recover ;)

Now, stop fecking around and get that bike bought :D
 
T P said:
Woohoo! I'm at work .... :(

But, I'll have a beer or two tonight :D

I never rang you back to thank you for your extremely generous offer recently. I must admit I was a little gobsmacked at the extent of your generosity and I feel ashamed for not calling you back later to thank you.

Sorry mate.

Beers are on me.

No problems mate i know you are an arrogant C*$! so wasn't expecting a thank you.:thumbs:

Just would have hated to see you lose your bike with everything else you are going through and am over the moon that it sorted itself......

I am not sure how far you are from Gatwick mate but Monica, the wee man and i will be there on Tuesday 30th May staying at the Hilton at the airport, off our hols to Cuba the Wednesday morning if you want to join us for a pint or 10 on the Tuesday night????
 
Scottch said:
Well done Scotty!

I know it's been hellish for you going through all those interviews - but it's paid off at long last eh!

Good for you mate - I'll be sorry to see you moving up north, but I guess it's only fair that the stirlingshire mutton trade is allowed to recover ;)

Now, stop fecking around and get that bike bought :D

I stay in Clackmannanshire ya Fife dobber???

If i touch any Stirlingshire sheep i could get done for "Rustling" so it is too dodgey
 
ScottyB said:
No problems mate i know you are an arrogant C*$! so wasn't expecting a thank you.:thumbs:

Just would have hated to see you lose your bike with everything else you are going through and am over the moon that it sorted itself......

I am not sure how far you are from Gatwick mate but Monica, the wee man and i will be there on Tuesday 30th May staying at the Hilton at the airport, off our hols to Cuba the Wednesday morning if you want to join us for a pint or 10 on the Tuesday night????

Well I work for BAA so I might be able to swing working from Gatwick those days ... if I'm still here ... it's too early to say.

Even if I'm not, I'll still try and make it down. Don't let me forget because I'm bloody hopeless at remembering this stuff!
 
Last edited:
Gizmo said:
i'm off to buy that lottery ticket :)

nice one Scotty it sounds like its been worth all the interviews etc to get it :D

That'll be a first -since when did you ever get off your arse to go to the shops to buy anything that wasn't motorbike related :rolleyes:

Well done Scotty :D
 
Linzi said:
That'll be a first -since when did you ever get off your arse to go to the shops to buy anything that wasn't motorbike related :rolleyes:

Well done Scotty :D

You need to have a word with this magic box Michael... looks like it's got a defect, may I suggest either getting it fixed or swapping it now for a newer (younger) model....

Tin hat on and running for cover - FAST!
 
well done mate.....i dont believe as an incomer you have to shag sheep in aberdeen,but if youve seen the women there youll understand why the men do ;)
 
Freak said:
You need to have a word with this magic box Michael... looks like it's got a defect, may I suggest either getting it fixed or swapping it now for a newer (younger) model....

Tin hat on and running for cover - FAST!

Yes looks like this model is now obsolete, think I need to exchange for a younger model that works :p
 
Linzi said:
Yes looks like this model is now obsolete, think I need to exchange for a younger model that works :p

....I've been telling you that for ages, but you never listen :cool:
 
Great news Scotty, just to get this thread back on track, can't stand thread hi jackers myself:D
 
Back
Top Bottom