Red or Yellow

Which Colour

  • Red

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yellow

    Votes: 8 66.7%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .

1418

Well-known member
Subscriber
It's a time honoured question for Ducatisti which has never been resolved. I doubt it ever will be
But this is not a Ducati question.

1997 I bought a Triumph TR6 (car) it was red. It needed some work which I did and had a few thousand happy miles mainly touring France.
I ended up parking it in the garage needing some welding and 18 years later I've decided it's time I stripped it and sorted it.
During my previous work on it I found out that it's original colour was yellow

This rebuild will include a full respray. I like yellow and would like to return it to how it came out of the factory. The wife thinks it should stay red
What do you lot reckon
Screenshot_20241014_181319_Google.webp
Screenshot_20241014_181020_Chrome.webp
 
Yellow all day long.

Some cars are just suited to it; Ferrari 355, Lamborghini Diablo and the TR6 👍
 
Inca yellow as in the picture was an original Triumph colour and always looked good on any of the different models it was used on. If you want to go for red, Carmine Red was another standard colour and also looked good on the TR6.
 
Looks great in Yellow, might be Mimosa if it’s a 1973 car (L reg).

The TR6 is the nicest looking of the TR’s, imho, I knew someone who restored a full fat 150 bhp one which was ‘interesting’ from a passengers perspective, he did spend a lot of time sorting out the fuel injection system, to the point he fitted a set of carbs.
 
Looks great in Yellow, might be Mimosa if it’s a 1973 car (L reg).

The TR6 is the nicest looking of the TR’s, imho, I knew someone who restored a full fat 150 bhp one which was ‘interesting’ from a passengers perspective, he did spend a lot of time sorting out the fuel injection system, to the point he fitted a set of carbs.
Could you introduce him to Wayne 🤔
 
Back
Top Bottom