Random rearsets - what are they?

sev

Elite Member
So, I've started to go through the spares that came with the 1098 Lavatory.
Iv'e identified some as being 1098 but other than that I'm green off the boat.

These I think are 1098 or 1098 RS / Performance knock off judging by the lever style - that gear change lever is utter pants looking.
It looks like a crap tomasselli rearset lever out of the M&P catalogue
1631533906964.png

I'm pretty certain these are 1098RS hangers, or bloody good reproductions thereof.
1631533978967.png

and I've got this assortment of random tat.
1631534010881.png

As it is, as well as all the above there's a lovely set of nearly new proper full fat posh rearsets as well with a normal shift lever so all the above are spares.
I'd just like to know what they're supposed to be from or are. @Andyb , @final_edition ?

measure the mounting bolt holes eye to eye...thatll give a start..1098 998 999....

the footpads with that roll pin design are RS or RS copies.....you can still get them from bungi on Ebay!

oh if they are genuine you generally have a part number on them...

Reactions: sev
measure the mounting bolt holes eye to eye...thatll give a start..1098 998 999....
they fit on the 1098 frame Andy, at 75mm
The heelplate measurement is 40mm apart in the 3rd image and 50mm in the second image- this tallies with the corse heelplates and the Evo3 heatshield I also have in the box.

I'm just wondering if they're chinese alan specials or DP etc.

I've not seen those pants metal heelplates before now so I'm intrigued to learn more.

As I say, the jewel in all this is a proper set of 1098rs rearsets that the previous owner must have missed as they're not fukkred in any way unlike the rest of the bike and parts.

have you got the part numbers on yours?..........or does it say ting tong.. :ROFLMAO:
the complete rearsets (not pictured) are the real deal, it's the pictured collection of random tingtongery that I'm intrigued about :ROFLMAO:

After doing some digging on some italian sites I think that pic 1 and pic 3 are RCM, with pic 1 having a truly vile gear lever.
Immagine 1 - Ducati 1198 / 1098 / 848 / RCM / pedane arretrate / CNC / strada

and pic 2 I don't think now is RS but could be an NGR derivative judging by the machining marks and the style.
Immagine 1 - Ducati 1198 / 1098 / 848 / NGR / pedane arretrate / CNC / strada

The next quest will be for levers, as I've got a nice collection of rearsets to build up, clean up and move on by the looks of it.

Back