Racing June 16 & 17, Aintree and Three Sisters

Roger

New member
The weekend of June 16-17 is going to be a busy one.
I've just got my Clubmans license (no longer a Novice) so I'll not be wearing the orange vest any more.

Saturday June 16 is the Aintree Round 2 meeting (inside the Aintree horse racecourse, Liverpool).
Round 1 got cancelled due to flooding on the track following torrential rain (I did get a short practice session in, but no racing).
This time I'm trying out different front and rear sprockets ratios to try and get better drive out of turn 2 without loosing out on the other turns. It's going to be a bit of an experimental day - last time I tried different gearing it all went to pot!

Sunday June 17 is Round 2 of the Preston & District Club at Three Sisters (near Wigan).
In total contrast to the fast Aintree circuit, Three Sisters is all tight twisty stuff (which I love). I've only done one meeting there before and had a great time (especially beating up a GSXR600 in the Novice class - shame I'm not eligible to enter that class now) until I crashed in the last race.

At Aintree I'll be in 2 races (250 Classics). At Three Sisters I should be in 4 races (2 in Classics and 2 in Single Cylinder against the modern machinery).

I think that entry to both tracks is about £5 (but I don't think that anyone paid to get into Three Sisters last time). Both meetings should have between 20 and 30 races. Aintree includes sidecars (which are great to watch) but at Three Sisters you can see more of the track at once.

If anyone's coming along look me up in the paddock with my 250 Ducati - should be number 107.

Cheers,

Roger
 
Back
Top Bottom